Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Outlaws Truck Build

Old 05-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
Outlaws Truck Build

2010 Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport Harley Davidson Edition. 4x4, Auto V6
Front suspension: Old Man Emu 884 Coils with OME 9000 shocks
Rear Suspension: Toytec 2" AAL (no TSB) with Billstein 5100 shocks.
Tires: Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 265/70/17 C

Outlaws Truck Build-new-truck-004.jpg

Outlaws Truck Build-img_0082.jpg

Outlaws Truck Build-new-truck-007.jpg

Outlaws Truck Build-new-truck-011.jpg

Outlaws Truck Build-ome002.jpg

Outlaws Truck Build-ome015.jpg

Outlaws Truck Build-ome011.jpg

Outlaws Truck Build-0417001630a.jpg

Outlaws Truck Build-0503001505_0001.jpgHey TW friends!
I just thought I would get my truck build going. I will be slow to add pix, but just finished getting my lift installed, so im now pretty excited to show it off!
PS Sorry for the crappy pix.
i will try to get some good shots soon!

Truck:
2010 Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport 4wd Auto, Magnetic Grey

Mods: Weathertech floor liners, stone and bug deflector, Putco Element In Channel Window Visors, Viper remote starter, Harley lighted hitch cover, Harley front mudflaps, Metal Miller Harley Grill Emblem,
SockMonkey design Bedside Decals and 3rd Brake light TRD decal, K&N Air Filter, Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17 C load, Valor Exhaust tip, De-badged tailgate, Advantage Tonneau Cover, Smoked license plate cover, NFab step bars. OME front suspension with 884 Coils and OME Sport shocks. Billstein 5100 rear shocks, and Toytec AAL.

Special Thanks to TW members:
Chris 4x4 for his awesome how-to's and words of encouragment and PMs replied to
Sockmonkey for helping me personalize my Truck.Awesome custom decals!
Indigobob for meeting me in Madison to sell me his Toytec AAL for $45.
MetalMiller for helping me personalize my truck. Awesome Harley Grill Emblem
Skistoy and other Duratrac owners for letting me know about these kick ass tires.
Rhino8541 for selling me the exhaust tip cheap.
MarinePhoenix2207 for giving me a great deal on his Tonneau Cover.
Helpful TW members and everyone here for helping me learn all about my truck, giving me the advice I needed, when I needed, and most of all, sharing experiences, and feedback when doing mods.
Darrick and Toytec for helping answer questions,
Marco and Downsouth for getting a great deal on Billstein shocks. $150 pair shipping included
NFab for giving me a great discount on step bars. $269 plus shipping
GO Overland for a great price on Old Man Emu coils and shocks. $403 plus shipping

Installed the front shocks and coils myself. $40 charge for swapping coils and shocks.

Bought a complete set of springs with Toytec AAL for $45 from a TW member. Ended up taking the AAL out and installing them on my stock springs and installed Billstein 5100s in the rear. Had a local shop do it for $80.
TOTAL Lift Cost including alignment and Installation: about $750
Attached Thumbnails
Outlaws Truck Build-outlaw-tacoma-017.jpg   Outlaws Truck Build-outlaw-tacoma-020.jpg  
Old 03-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
Rhum.
RugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-B
Name: Paul
RugbyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks real darn good!! Bout how much lift did you end up with in front? Im looking into the same setup
Old 03-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
LouTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Lou Taco
LouTaco's Tacoma Gallery
good to see other people in Iowa representing TW
Old 03-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #5
Rhum.
RugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-B
Name: Paul
RugbyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to see the 884s lifted that much. How do you CVs look? Any alignment issues? Stock UCAs?
Old 03-28-2011, 02:28 PM   #6
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
it looks great! i like the harley stuff. btw, i think i seen you this morning. (bout 6:45)
Old 03-29-2011, 06:51 AM   #7
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyTaco View Post
Glad to see the 884s lifted that much. How do you CVs look? Any alignment issues? Stock UCAs?
CV's look fine. Barely changed from stock.
Alignment was within spec, but the camber wasnt real that great. Truck drives fine.
I bought Light Racing UCAs to improve the alignment, but I never installed. they have just been sitting in the box they came in.
im planning on getting rid of my set up, as I have a Differential problem, and the dealer wont fix it until the lift is removed. SUCKS! But thats the way its gonna have to be.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:53 AM   #8

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superx2 View Post
it looks great! i like the harley stuff. btw, i think i seen you this morning. (bout 6:45)
Thanks man!
I dont think I was out that early,maybe 7:45 am, but I drive down Gilbert everyday on my way to work.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #9
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
sucks to hear bout the differential. im assuming cause its because of the lift? nope that wasnt you. im wondering if i should hold out on a lift till my warrenty goes out. that will be a while though. damn it.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #11
UnseenEagle is on a distinguished road

Name: Gord
UnseenEagle's Tacoma Gallery
love the side decal might get one made up in black or red , my truck is silver
also was the emblem custom made or was it bought from aftermarket?
Old 01-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #12
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you got a great start, keep it up
Old 01-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #13

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnseenEagle View Post
love the side decal might get one made up in black or red , my truck is silver
also was the emblem custom made or was it bought from aftermarket?
The decals are from sockmonkey on this forum