LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Lightfighters Taco II

Old 05-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
lightfighter has a spectacular aura aboutlightfighter has a spectacular aura about
Name: Brian
lightfighter's Tacoma Gallery
Lightfighters Taco II

Hello all.

I had an 06 prerunner TRD, loved it. But I run some trails locally and generally just me, my GF and a couple dogs, and I kept getting a nagging feeling than I would end up stuck, since the trails are generally not tough but have alot of scree fields and pretty slickery sandstone on steep climbs.

Enter a good interest rate and a couple grand off, throw in some free extras, and I'm back in a 4x4 for the first time since i wrecked a pretty spectacular Jeep buildup and swore off fourwheeling for economic reasons. Ya, right. sure i swore it off:

my 2010 TRD OR:

I debadged it, moved the trailer plug, not worth pictures. ditched the flaps, and got the dealer to swap my BFG all terrains off the pre.

Snooped around here for a while and decided I liked the sliders and light bar avid offroad is peddling. A couple emails back and forth with Brandon at Avid(thats him below), a trip to Queen Creek and the sliders are welded on, the lightbar is in the garage, waiting to be painted.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
DANG, first post and he's already showing off! Looks good man!

Welcome!
Old 05-12-2010, 06:39 AM   #3
lightfighter has a spectacular aura aboutlightfighter has a spectacular aura about
ah, I'd have to actually do something to show off... all ive done is finance a truck and spend a paycheck.

thanks tho.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Well at least you got a sweet t-shirt out of the deal.

Hmmm, must have been a slow day in the welcome department... lets try this again!

WELCOME TO TW! (see if bumping this wakes anybody up)
Old 05-12-2010, 08:30 PM   #5
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Welcome to TW! Glad to see you are still in a Taco and back to wheeling, even if it's mild. Got any pics of the jeep, or at least details?
Old 05-13-2010, 06:20 AM   #6
I edited my 1st post, thats Brandon sporting his own Avid offroad tshirt... good straight shootin guy by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
Well at least you got a sweet t-shirt out of the deal.

Hmmm, must have been a slow day in the welcome department... lets try this again!

WELCOME TO TW! (see if bumping this wakes anybody up)
Old 05-13-2010, 06:36 AM   #7
Thanks... I have been into building as much if not more than wheeling pretty much all my life. Not afraid to use and abuse the stuff, so much as just never really found the time to get out(with groups anyway, so whatever i do has to be solo managable). Besides i love the "engineering of it" and the capability, even if i dont push too hard.

The last(of 6)jeep, was a 99 TJ:

4.o
AW4 auto tranny from a grand cherokee
Atlas transfer
Locked dana 44's at both ends
3 inches of lift
on board air
cant remember the name of the stupid expensive bumber, but they rocked.
M416 trailer painted to match.

Loved that jeep. After the insurance company paid out, i bought it back from them and parted it out to end up recovering $18000 of the $16000 I had in it. Just didnt feel like doing it again. bought another motorcycle instead. that was about 4 years ago. But I guess im back.

Never pull out in front of a saturn doing 60mph. Its a bad call, I'm just sayin'. And in case you are wondering what a "just barely totalled TJ" looks like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
Welcome to TW! Glad to see you are still in a Taco and back to wheeling, even if it's mild. Got any pics of the jeep, or at least details?