Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

JSEnclosures Build Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 07:58 AM   #23
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
So i finally started working on my bed light mods. Been looking at different alternatives for a while and i've read a lot of write ups but i haven't liked any of them. I decided to come up with my own. I found a carling bedlight switch on carlings website and after about a month of searching for it on-line Mud-UK was able to get one for me in red like i had wanted. So then it was on to bed lights...I looked around for about a week straight and finally found some flush mount 12v reverse/back-up lights that i thought would work perfect.

Next i took a hard piece of plastic about 1/8" tick and jut it up with the jigsaw to fit the side bed pockets. I tried using 1/4" wood but it just kept breaking as the one end had to be very thin for the way i wanted them mounted. I used lock-tite 5min epoxy to glue the plastic pieces in place.

So then i sanded it all down and dropped them off at line-x and that is where they sit until tomorrow evening. I also mounted a carling 3 switch blank in my center console that i will use for bed lights, off road lights, and a cb radio. I dropped the center console off at line-x as well to get sprayed. I think it will give it a nice look for the rest of the cab, too much silver in there for me.

Here's some pics:

The light, gromet and wiring plug

Here they are for part numbers and brand

My bed pockets modded, before line-x. You can see that i angled the lights both back and down to illuminate the entire bed.

The best part of these lights was the total. Everywhere i found these lights on-line they were 30 bucks a piece + the plug and + shipping

My carling bed light switch

Here is the 3 switch panel i installed in my center console as well

Old 11-08-2010, 06:38 AM   #26
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
nice build
Old 11-09-2010, 07:21 PM   #27
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So after getting my shift surround line-x'd i figured i'd get something done to the center console and the door panels to bring a little more black color into the truck. I sent my Center sonsole off to JPM Coachworks on friday and got this picture form them yesterday. I should have it in a day or two and with it will come some more black alcantara to do the door panels. Hopefully i'll be able to find some time and a semi-warm day to do the doors within the next couple weeks.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #28
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
nice build thread
Old 11-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #30
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Any pics of the line-x'd seats?
Old 11-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #32
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
I'll snap you some today, completely forgot about it
Thanks man, are you bringing all of the stuff to a line-x shop or are you doing it yourself? How much did they charge you for the front console around the shifter?
Old 11-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
Thanks man, are you bringing all of the stuff to a line-x shop or are you doing it yourself? How much did they charge you for the front console around the shifter?
I just bring it in. I've got a good hookup with the line-x guy. Well..it's actually called ONYX but its the same exact thing, just comes witht he uv protectant included. I bring in speaker rings a couple days a week and i just have him spray those and the smaller stuff when he's doing a bed for someone so he doesn't have it clean the gun just for me. The shifter console and the bed pockets cost me 10- bucks to do, the backs of the seats and the front valance cost me 50 bucks. A full set of speaker rings cost me 20 bucks. So really, it's retty cheap to do. I'll go snap some pics and put them up right now
Old 11-11-2010, 02:51 PM   #35
THIS IS AMERICA!!!

Damn, that looks really good. I'm assuming you have to take the seat apart?
Old 11-11-2010, 04:29 PM   #36
Showin' HAWG how it's done!
ApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant future

Army: AH-64D Apache Pilot
Name: Z
ApacheDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Did you mat behind the box at all?

Nice mods!
Old 11-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #39
Interweb wheeler
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
can you post a pic of the light mount behind the grill?
Old 11-12-2010, 06:08 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
can you post a pic of the light mount behind the grill?
They are just mounted to the plastic on the bottom of the grill and there are 2 L brackets on the top to keep them from moving. I still need to wire them up so i'll snap a pic for you when i am doing that (hopefully this weekend)