Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

JSEnclosures Build Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 05:49 AM   #1
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
JSEnclosures Build Thread

I bougth the truck in Mid April after wanting one badly since winter. So glad it's here. I've done a few things so far so i thought i would start the build thread at this point. To start it's a 2010 Double Cab Off Road 4x4. Truck was purchased brand new on 4/21/2010, i plan on keeping it for a long while, if not forever.

UPDATED 12/8/11
Pictures are on the following pages as well

2010 Tacoma Mod List

Audio / Video
-Alpine IVA-W505 Double Din
-Alpine NVE-P1 Navigation and Bluetooth
-Alpine USB Input mounted in cigarette lighter plug
-Alpine AUX Input mounted in stock location
-Alpine KCA-SC100 Sirius Adapter
-Sirius SC-C1 Tuner
-TSS antenna adapter to use factory Sirius antenna
-Alpine KCE-422i iPod cable
-Alpine KCE-C105 back up camera
-Alpine KTX-C10LP license plate bracket for back up camera
-Alpine PXA-H100 Imprint Processor
-Alpine KTX-H100 IMPRINT Sound Manager
-JL XB-BLUAIC2-18 2ch Premium Interconnect Cables
-JL XB-BLUAIC4-18 4ch Premium Interconnect Cables
-JL 2 gauge primary wiring, and 4 gauge wiring to amps and ground locations
-JL 16 gauge speaker wire
-Fatmat xxxtreme sound deadener
-JL C5-650 component front speakers with x-overs
-JL C5-650x coaxial rear speakers with x-overs
-JL Audio Tacoma Stealthbox with (2) 10w1v2s
-JL Audio Slash 300/4v2 speaker amp
-JL Audio Slash 250/1v2 subwoofer amp
-PAC SWI-Jack for steering wheel controls (not yet installed)
-PAC TR-7 video bypass

Electronics
-Valentine 1 with mute button
-Homelink garage door opener
-Fog light anytime mod
-Ultra-gauge
-Python 580 Remote starter
-ADS DLSL Bypass

Exterior
-Toyota factory roof racks
-Lamin-x yellow fog light covers
-Line-xd front valence
-AVS in-channel vent visors
-DIY shorty antenna
-Redline hood struts
-Color matched grill
-Grillcraft
-2 Kragen HIDs behind the grill
-Toyota OEM bed Xtender painted black
-Heated mirrors, also color matched
-Bed light mod in the truck bed cubbies
-Road Pro fold down antenna adapter
-3' Firestik tune-able antenna mounted on a custom made bracket

Interior
-Weathertech digital fit floor mats front and rear in black
-Carling Switch panel and switches in the shift surround
-Shift surround line-xd
-Alcantara wrapped center console lid by JPM Coachworks
-Alcantara wrapped door pockets
-Cobra 75 WX ST CB radio
-Flyzeye ambient lighting, red/white with red halos

Suspension
-Icon extended travel front coilovers for 3 front lift
-Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks
-All Pro U-bolt flip kit
-DownSouth Motorsports "Boxed" Upper Control Arms
-Rear Leaf TSB and Wheelers AAL for 4" rear lift
-Toytech Diff Drop Kit/Spacers
- (5) XD 18" Monster Rims and 285/65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler Tires
- Cab Mount Chop

To come in the near future
-One touch windows and roll up/down windows from the key fob mod
-Probably adding a 1" block to the rear
-Extended brake lines
-Painting my calipers black
-Hose clamp tailgate mod
-Off road rear bumper or line-x on the chrome one
-Sliders
-Fabricate my spare tire bed mount rack with a quick disconnect system
-Possibly leather and heated seats

Here is the most up to date pic of the truck:
11-10-2011

Here is how it all got started:
stock pictures:

Added the Alpine IVA-W505, Valentine 1, and did the reverse camera switch mod:

Here is my back-up camera switch mod. Take note that my rear camera is on and the truck is in drive.

Valentine 1 Radar detector and mute switch

Mic for my Alpine Blu-tooth

Line-X'd the front valence:

Speaker rings made by me and then Line-x'd

JL Stealthbox and JL Audio Amps. X-overs mounted under the drivers side storage bin.

A Small little touch of detail that really stands out...

L to R: USB plug, iPod video plug, AUX plug modified and wired to W505, A-Track, 12v plug

AVS In-channel vent visors added

Finally installed my lamin-x fogs, homelink garage door opener and valentine 1 mute button

Homelink garage door opener

Redline Hood Struts Installed 9-24-2010

Installed My Lift Saturday!!! 9-25-2010

Icon extended travel coilovers set to 3" (1.75" thread on the drivers side and 1.5" thread on the pass side)

TSB leaf springs, Wheelers 1.5" AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks. Gives 4" of rear lift

CV Angles after the Diff drop kit installed

And all finished up!

Old 05-14-2010, 07:39 AM   #2
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
looks good! how hard/easy was it to line-x the front valence? cost?
Old 05-14-2010, 07:42 AM   #3
jm3280 has a spectacular aura aboutjm3280 has a spectacular aura aboutjm3280 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jay
jm3280's Tacoma Gallery
whats the switch on the camera do?
Old 05-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #4
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm3280 View Post
whats the switch on the camera do?
The switch taps 12v power to the camera. When the switch is up, your camera acts normal and only turns on when you are in reverse. When the switch is turned down, the camera is on no matter what.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
looks good! how hard/easy was it to line-x the front valence? cost?
I actually got it spayed with ONYX, which is the same thing as line-x only you don't have to pay extra for the uv protectant. It took the line-x guy about an hour and a half, he had to bag the entire truck to make sure there was no over-spray. He also sprayed the rear seat backs (the plastic part that folds down flat).

The whole thing only cost 50 bucks!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #7

Sealed all my doors with lexan (the unbreakable kind), sheet metal screns and adhesive silicone when I installed the JL c5 speakers, then covered everything in 2 layers of fatmatt rattletrap xxxtreme. I've been using this deadener for awhile now and i like it much better than dynamat. It's a hair thicker and about 1/4 the price

Old 07-29-2010, 04:18 PM   #8
blisters
dubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dubbedSinner's Tacoma Gallery
that looks really good. im looking forward to seeing more of this. i love how u are using something besides dynamat. it seems like everyone uses that when there are plenty of alternatives that are better and cheaper
Old 08-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #11
blisters
dubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

updated? where are the pics!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #13
blisters

im not seeing them?
Old 08-26-2010, 10:38 AM   #14
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have pictures of the line-x on the seat backs?
Old 08-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #16
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
I'll upload some tonight
Cool thanks!