Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

tervanun's Build - "The Beast"

Old 05-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
tervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to all

Name: Danny
tervanun's Tacoma Gallery
Talking tervanun's Build - The Little Beast

*I am renaming the truck, the "Little Beast"

Soooo I just ordered a couple things today so I though I'd start my build thread since I have nothing else to do.

So I kind of cheated and bought my Taco already lifted from dealer...
repo apparently.

2006 DC Taco 4x4 SR5

got her with about 8k miles
almost brand new!

So it came with the following:

Pro Comp 6" lift
Pro Comp 18x9 Series 7089 Cast-Blast wheels
Toyo A/T 275/70/18 tires

I then proceeded to add:

-Weathertech Liners (front and back)

-Stubbs Welding HDSKO rock sliders

-Diff Breather mod

-OE bed extender (no pic)

Went down to 17's and slapped on some 35" BFG KM2's

6/11
Got a front bumper from Brute Force Fab. Effin sweet if I do say so myself

Installed the XRC8 I had sitting waiting for a home

And finally hooked up both [stock] fog lights....

New lights from Automat Central:

Wishlist as of 9/22:
-Dual battery set up for winching
-Snorkel
-BruteForceFab Rear bumper (integrated hitch)
-Custom Roof rack thing...
Old 05-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
damn, you're not f****** around! snorkle and bumper are on my wishlist
Old 05-20-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^^i was gonna say that but thought i'd let it slide for a few days since he hasn't been on here long

still a great truck though!
Old 05-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #4
tervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
damn, you're not f****** around! snorkle and bumper are on my wishlist
Hahaha naw I want this thing to go everywhere
I finally sold my old 90 PU that was stolen, so I used that money for the new mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
I'm sorry but there is only 1 "beast" on this site. lol
Sorry bro! consider it a temporary name
Old 05-20-2010, 07:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Let me introduce to "the beast" lol

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ing-beast.html

OMFG

Ok I'm gonna go with the "Little Beast"
Old 05-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #6
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tervanun View Post
OMFG

Ok I'm gonna go with the "Little Beast"
Old 05-24-2010, 07:23 PM   #7
Banned
socal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: frank
socal trd's Tacoma Gallery
she looks good, i can still kick myself for passing on her...
Old 05-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #9
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
Good lookin truck. IMO you need bigger tires.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwild View Post
Good lookin truck. IMO you need bigger tires.
I feel you on that one. I wish I could go smaller wheels but doesn't procomp
say you can't go smaller than 18's? and why?

What size tires would you recommend?
Old 05-25-2010, 05:25 PM   #11
Banned
socal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
i think i seen on here that if you go smaller then 18's you will rub,but if im wrong ill trade you my 17's...lol
Old 05-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #12

hahaha I'll have to do some reading...

but in the meantime.... I rolled the truck on Monday
I'm starting to think the 6" was a little too much......
tell you what though, that thing held up really well.
it was sitting upside down for 1.5 hours and none of the
windows/windshield broke or anything. just body damage
(hood roof and fenders). hanging there by my seatbelt,
I rolled down the window, unbuckled and crawled out (lol)
picturing myself do it makes me laugh.
Not a scratch on me.
We'll see how long it takes to fix her :/
Old 05-26-2010, 10:51 PM   #13

oh my god!....it's amazing what these trucks can take, i'm glad it kept you safe.
was it just too fast on a turn?

not that i like seeing injured tacos...but i'd be very interested to see any pictures if you got some. to have a 6 inch lift roll over and not even break a window is pretty impressive...that's a long way to fall.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:54 PM   #15
Banned
dam... that sucks,
Old 07-06-2010, 09:59 AM   #16

rollover pics

Alrighty I figure you're not the only one who wants to see these...

Here you can see the burm that stopped me but also sorta rolled me/ saved my doors and side panels...

There's where I was driving from.

See super long turn, wasn't going that fast IMO...
But if you look carefully, you'll see the small bumps in the road that
I believe induced the "hydroplaning"
Old 07-06-2010, 12:33 PM   #17
ErikB is a splendid one to beholdErikB is a splendid one to beholdErikB is a splendid one to beholdErikB is a splendid one to beholdErikB is a splendid one to beholdErikB is a splendid one to behold

Name: Erik
ErikB's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to ErikB
is your truck totalled or are you gonna get it fixed?
Old 07-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #18
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck that is held up super well, I trust these trucks even more now. Now would be a good time to swap that driveline
Old 07-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #19
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
STR8_BEAST's Tacoma Gallery
so what are your plans now?