Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

One Week Build

Old 05-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
One Week Build

***New Pics up***I finally picked up my 05 Tacoma wednesday. I drove about 525 mile round trip to get it. I've been ordering parts all week for it so we'll see in a days time, the transformation. Here's what I ordered.

265/75/16 duratracs
konig counter steer 16x8
5100's/AAL
Access bed cover
headlight housings
Alpine touch screen navi HU
Painted grill (didn't actually order this. I'm at the mercy of my best friend who's a painter, so we'll see if that can actually get done by next weekend)

Here is a pic of how it sits right now. 100% stock (minus removing the mud flaps yesterday)

and here's how it looks 10 days later

newer pics

t1 eyelids

Attached Thumbnails
One Week Build-stock-taco.jpg  
Old 05-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
black ones. very similar to yours.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
where abouts in PA are you?
Old 05-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #5
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
where abouts in PA are you?
Hanover, right below York.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:56 AM   #6
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
I got my black headlight housings, 6000k HIDs and yellow foglight bulbs installed today. The housings look great but it look like they might leak over time so I resealed them just to be sure. More to come.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
wow, looks good man.

your not wasting any time huh? lol
Old 05-24-2010, 02:40 PM   #8
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
No way man haha, I've been wanting to build a taco since oct and after ALOT of reading, I finally have the chance to do it. I got my HU in today. Rims come in tomorrow and the tires are already at my shop waiting. 5100s and AAL will be here by thursday. Few other odds and end. I'm starting to loose track ha. Me and my friend are satoshi'n our grills this weekend. I'm mad stoked.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:46 PM   #9
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Cant wait!
Old 05-24-2010, 02:50 PM   #10
bevans is just really nicebevans is just really nicebevans is just really nicebevans is just really nicebevans is just really nice
bevans's Tacoma Gallery
Nice.

What size AAL? What are you setting the 5100's at?
Old 05-24-2010, 03:04 PM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good!! Good choice in products as well!! Yeah if you got aftermarket black housing headlights like mine, its good that you resealed them. Mine were good for a bout a year and a half until the drivers side started getting moisture in it. It took me a couple times to find the leak but I finally just ended up resealing the whole light over and the leaking stopped.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #13
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevans View Post
Nice.

What size AAL? What are you setting the 5100's at?
I went with the toytec 1.5" I'm prob goin to set the fronts at 1.75". I'll pull them out and reset them if need be. Seems like they are all over the place with different trucks on here. I've been racking my brain for the last week trying to come up with settings so I'll start here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Looking good!! Good choice in products as well!! Yeah if you got aftermarket black housing headlights like mine, its good that you resealed them. Mine were good for a bout a year and a half until the drivers side started getting moisture in it. It took me a couple times to find the leak but I finally just ended up resealing the whole light over and the leaking stopped.
Yeah I got a set for my girl's tC and they fogged up 3 months after I installed them so I'm not taking any chances this time with these lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakDwn View Post
I'm in Hanover also. Hope to see ya around town.
I'm sure ya will. Any mods done to yours?
Old 05-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #14
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
more stuff... sorry crappy phone pics

pic of the HID's at dusk. (they don't look that blue in person)

Old 05-25-2010, 07:11 PM   #16
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Love the wheels.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #17
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The End's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to tell your paint buddy that he should put some "etch" or "bullfrog" on the chrome surround before painting it.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:18 PM   #18
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDBigRed View Post
What HU is that?? Looks like a pioneer i just saw in the latest crutchfield mailing
It's a Alpine IVA W203 w/navi and the TR7 bypass. Works aweome! Still got a few bugs to work out with the bluetooth but I'll finalize everything once I install my back up camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by The End View Post
Love the wheels.
Thanks, I was goin to get them in bronze but I thought I'd keep with my blacked out theme.

My DD turned weekend car since I bought the Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by The End View Post
You might want to tell your paint buddy that he should put some "etch" or "bullfrog" on the chrome surround before painting it.
Cool will do thanks.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:21 PM   #19
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of car is that?
Old 05-25-2010, 07:23 PM   #20
Support our troops!

The End's Tacoma Gallery
Se-r?