Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

JRobson's Ultimate kit to RCD conversion

Old 06-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
JRobson's Ultimate kit to RCD conversion

Let me start by saying that I swapped out kits because "I" had my toytec CO's cranked up pretty high that I kept blowing CV boots. I really enjoyed the kit and would definately reccomend it to others. Once I switched out to the RCD kit now my CV's are parallel to the ground and happy again and I gained about 2" in height. If I hadn't had Baja MTZ's on it and able to hear the road noise you would swear the RCD kit rode like the factory truck if not better. Way to go RCD. This is one hell of a kit. The first few pics are of the CV boots before and after the RCD. Tires are Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's 285-70-17 on Moto Metal 17x9 955's. The tires don't even come CLOSE to rubbing unlike the Ultimate kit did at full flex. The 285's will definately be swapped out for 295's at a later date. Otherwise everything else is in my signature. Let me know what yall think. Better pics to come.

Before:

After:

Old 06-02-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! How does it ride?
Old 06-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
nice
Old 06-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #4
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
And let me know how it does offroad!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
real nice quality work
Old 06-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
Nice! How does it ride?
Better than anything else I have ridden in offroad. SUPER happy!!! Well worth the money.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #8
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
I WANT! oh wait... I WILL
Old 06-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #9
All Vol 14 is on a distinguished road
All Vol 14's Tacoma Gallery
Looks Great!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #10
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
yep...that is nice..!!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:25 PM   #11

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
I WANT! oh wait... I WILL
I will be interested to hear your first ride report. I think you will be as impressed as I was. No more bouncing around the cab.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #12
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
mark what you think?
its sick... the stance is perfect
Old 06-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #13
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
now, I just need a hook-up for the kit
Old 06-02-2010, 06:34 PM   #14

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
now, I just need a hook-up for the kit
Didn't somebody say wheelers had them for $1700? That's only $100 more than I spent.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #15

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
That's still not a bad price compared to other people wanting over $2200.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:39 PM   #16
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
1799 at wheelers nut lol
no tax either...since its in Oregon, shipping is only $100
Old 06-02-2010, 06:40 PM   #17

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Is that where you got yours from?
Old 06-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #18

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Solus, are you getting or do you already have aftermarket UCA's for yours? I have the LR UCA's which always makes the alignment so simple.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #19
︻╦╤─

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
true...very true, but $100 is a LOT of beer
Old 06-02-2010, 06:43 PM   #20
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobson View Post
Solus, are you getting or do you already have aftermarket UCA's for yours? I have the LR UCA's which always makes the alignment so simple.
I have LR UCAs