Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

***C17Guy 5 Lug Build***

Old 06-13-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
***C17Guy 5 Lug Build***

So after countless hours of my life spent on this forum, I'm finally gettin' around to making my build page!

First off, big thanks goes out to S.E.R.O. and the help with working on the truck and ideas! Another big thanks to TW member Neslerrah for all the questions I had in the beginning of this process many months ago!

So here we go, pics:

Stock

After:
-Readylift 5 lug kit
-Billy HD Front shocks
-Fat Bob's rear shocks
-245/75/16 Kumho AT
-16" Gear Alloy Double Pump
-Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler
-HID Headlight kit

This has been a busy week for the truck as it got a decent face lift in the audio and front end.
-Paint matched Grill and Eye Lids
-Grillcraft Uppers and Lowers
-Kenwood DNX 9960 Double Din
*So far, I've been very impressed with this unit. Coming from the AVIC Z3 I decided some newer technology was in order. The unit has a very easy IPOD interface, great Equalizer options, fantastic video, and of course the super easy Garmin Navigation.
-Pioneer GM-5400T amp
-Image Dynamics CTX65CS components
*I now understand all the hype about these speakers. They've been sitting around for a while (I was running stock speakers off the AVIC), and am now kicking myself for not installing these earlier! They sound AMAZING!

Ignore the Air fresheners and the music! LOL, quit smoking recently and I just now got rid of that nasty smoke smell!

Thanks for looking!
Old 06-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice truck. Lift, wheels and tires make it look like a complete different truck
Old 06-13-2010, 09:10 AM   #4
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
The money clip makes a good option.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #5
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome job dude. Gonna rattle can that radiator?
Old 06-13-2010, 09:43 AM   #6
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Awesome job dude. Gonna rattle can that radiator?
Thanks bro! Figured I could save that for another mod day with the fellas! Plus, I think other than that, the truck is done til I get back from Turkey.

Thanks for the comments guys!
Old 06-13-2010, 11:26 AM   #7

C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TioTaco View Post
OK I'm friggin jealous!! That looks GREAT!!! Nice pick on the wheels too, the whole truck looks awesome!!. Yep, I hate it!!

Thanks buddy! It's come along way from the day I picked her up with 4 miles!
Old 06-14-2010, 12:13 PM   #9
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
looking good
Old 07-24-2010, 12:36 AM   #10
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man! Make sure to post picks of that light bar I'm considering it
Old 07-24-2010, 07:23 AM   #11
ycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
ycart1201's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good. The grill makes all the difference in the world.

Nathan
ycart1201
Old 07-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #12

C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbturner47 View Post
Looks good man! Make sure to post picks of that light bar I'm considering it
Thanks man! It's my little street queen full of progress! I'll get that light bar on there asap when I get back then it'll probably be time to trade in the little beast for a new truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycart1201 View Post
Looking good. The grill makes all the difference in the world.

Nathan
ycart1201
Thanks Nathan! It's come a long way from stock!
Old 07-24-2010, 01:16 PM   #13
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking grill why are you trading her in? keep her. im lifting mine sometime soon. total chaos FTMFW
Old 07-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #14

C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
Nice looking grill why are you trading her in? keep her. im lifting mine sometime soon. total chaos FTMFW

i need the towing capacity for my new boat

plus, this just gives me an excuse to get a new 4x4 Tundra to take wheeling with the fellas out here in SERO.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:39 PM   #15
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by C17Guy View Post
plus, this just gives me an excuse to get a new 4x4 Tundra to take wheeling with the fellas out here in SERO and get stuck between the first two trees at the trailhead.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #16

C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post

lol... nice fix!

ha ha, but believe me, this truck will babied even more than this current truck! but its gonna sick with a 6" procomp and 35s!
Old 07-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #17

Quote:
lol... nice fix!

ha ha, but believe me, this truck will babied even more than this current truck! but its gonna sick with a 6" procomp and 35s!
Yeah, it's gonna be hot, I don't doubt. I shopped Tundras before I got the Taco but just had absolutely no need to for that much truck. It was a bear to park and got the worst mileage I've ever seen. Drives excellently though, and the thing is strong enough to pull a house out of the ground. Look forward to seeing what you do with it!
Old 07-24-2010, 03:20 PM   #18
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i need the towing capacity for my new boat

plus, this just gives me an excuse to get a new 4x4 Tundra to take wheeling with the fellas out here in SERO.
dude haha well sometime within the next year keep a look out for my build thread and dont leave tacoworld also did you paint the grill your self or did you have someone paint it professionally? if you did it yurself what reference did you use?
Old 10-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #19
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
looks good! what is the backspace of your wheels?