Andrew H - My Build

Old 07-22-2010, 08:12 AM   #41
espdtrd11
espdtrd08 has a spectacular aura aboutespdtrd08 has a spectacular aura about

espdtrd08's Tacoma Gallery
How is the mpg with the duratracs.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #42
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by espdtrd08 View Post
How is the mpg with the duratracs.

Pretty dang good man. Last time I let my gas light come on after having a full tank with these tires on and I got over 300 miles when I got to a gas station. I am really happy with these tires. Had a "humming" sound to them when driving around but it isn't noticeable now. I recommend these tires.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:39 PM   #43
milo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the rough

Name: myles
milo39's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck! do your tires rub at all?
Old 07-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #44
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo39 View Post
nice truck! do your tires rub at all?
Thanks and nope! I am not sure if they would have rubbed when my truck was stock. I had my 5100s set to 1.75 before having these tires put on. I do not think they would have rubbed on my stock set up though. Great tires!
Old 07-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #45

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by night_angel View Post
leaves the air filter for later ....

This is a better option for me...
"" Maybe I will rattle can my radiator black and relocate my horns just to make """

or make the two!!!

can be a light bar... and later 4 Hella 500 or something....
I got the high heat spray paint today. So I will paint and relocate my horns on Sunday when I get back from Apache Lake.

Not sure If I want to get a light bar yet. May mount two lights behind the grillcraft if/when I get it.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #46
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Foglights look good. How well is the yellow tint holding up so far?
Old 07-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #47

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogrc View Post
Foglights look good. How well is the yellow tint holding up so far?
Thanks man. They are holding up pretty good so far. Like I said before I would rather spend $8 for a can of spray paint and easily redo/touch them up once every six months if need be than spend $20 plus shipping to get the Lamin-X.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #48
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
I hear ya! Adding this to my to-do list.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:16 PM   #49
night_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant future

Name: Thomas
night_angel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to night_angel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
I got the high heat spray paint today. So I will paint and relocate my horns on Sunday when I get back from Apache Lake.

Not sure If I want to get a light bar yet. May mount two lights behind the grillcraft if/when I get it.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:21 AM   #50

Firefighter:
Quote:
Quote:
I was waaaaaaaaaaaaay too hungover to work on that when I got home from the Lake. Was planning on doing it at the firehouse today but I forgot the paint at home. Maybe tomorrow...

I did take my mudflaps off yesterday though. Will post them up for sale on the B/S/T tomorrow.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #51

Firefighter:
Painted the radiator black today and relocated the horns.

I couldn't figure out where to put the o2 sensor. So I just temporarily secured it back onto itself on the wiring for the horns. I want to see what others have done with it that have moved their horns in the same spot.

Also debadged the entire truck and disabled the seatbelt chime recently.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:13 AM   #52
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks cool. I like the yellow stained glass fogs.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #53

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Taco View Post
Truck looks cool. I like the yellow stained glass fogs.
Thanks man. I liked the look of them when I first did it but they have really grown on me since then. Real cheap and easy mod to do. Would look sick on yours!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #54

Firefighter:
Did the sleeve mod to my foglights. Easy mod to do. Hard to see on the MGM but whatever.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #55
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good!
Old 08-09-2010, 11:06 PM   #56

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriZonaD54 View Post
Looking good!
Thanks! No where near as good as yours!
Old 08-10-2010, 07:45 PM   #57
night_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant futurenight_angel has a brilliant future

Name: Thomas
night_angel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to night_angel
niceee mod...! I will copy your mod!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #58
moorefun will become famous soon enough
Name: Mark
moorefun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dealership said they wouldn't disable my seatbelt chime because of liability issues. Damn them!
Here is the procedure that you can use to do it.

1) Turn the Car 'ON', but do not start the engine (Leave your foot off the brake). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds.
2) Make sure seat belt is not fastened
3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (Leave you foot off the break) As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count.
4) Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt, as soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off the trip reset knob and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". You should be all set and turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:27 PM   #59

Firefighter:
Quote:
niceee mod...! I will copy your mod!
It will look a lot better and would actually be noticeable on your truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorefun View Post
Here is the procedure that you can use to do it.

1) Turn the Car 'ON', but do not start the engine (Leave your foot off the brake). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds.
2) Make sure seat belt is not fastened
3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (Leave you foot off the break) As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count.
4) Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt, as soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off the trip reset knob and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". You should be all set and turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.
Thanks dude but I did this mod a couple weeks ago. It was at the way bottom of post #55, but good looking out.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #60
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
i don't know how i've never seen your build thread.

truck looks good. keep up the good work!