Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Chef squad's black beauty recipe...

Old 02-22-2011, 03:20 PM   #22
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocCisco View Post
Subbed plus, how was road noise with Stubb's welding HD-SKO sliders? I got a few kids also, was it too high or something?

Awesome build and great looking truck.

Sorry David, missed this until now....No road noise at all with the sliders and I cannot say enough good things about the product and dealing with Richard Stubbs. The fit 'n finish and quality was fantastic and Richard is just a plain good guy. For my 12 y/o using them as steps was not a problem but for my 10 and 7 y/o's it was a bit more difficult. In the summer I added grip tape which made things easier but this winter (Atlantic Canada) has been super messy and my little guy really needed steps. He's at the big boy stage where he won't take any help even though he could use it.

I hummed and hawed and finally decided "screw it", Richard will be making sliders for a long time and I will get another set when the time is right. My Son is only 7 once and he LOVES riding in the truck...... I want getting in and out to be as easy for him as I can.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #23
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
well sorry you had to take the silders off but it still sounded delicious due to the fact that i actually couldn't eat it too bad
Old 02-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #26
DocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 1st 145th FA
Name: David
DocCisco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Sorry David, missed this until now....No road noise at all with the sliders and I cannot say enough good things about the product and dealing with Richard Stubbs. The fit 'n finish and quality was fantastic and Richard is just a plain good guy. For my 12 y/o using them as steps was not a problem but for my 10 and 7 y/o's it was a bit more difficult. In the summer I added grip tape which made things easier but this winter (Atlantic Canada) has been super messy and my little guy really needed steps. He's at the big boy stage where he won't take any help even though he could use it.

I hummed and hawed and finally decided "screw it", Richard will be making sliders for a long time and I will get another set when the time is right. My Son is only 7 once and he LOVES riding in the truck...... I want getting in and out to be as easy for him as I can.
our kids are the same ages and like your 7 year old... mine doesn't want any of dad's help getting in. The more they like the truck the more time I get to hang with them, so I might hold off on the sliders for now.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #27
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
our kids are the same ages and like your 7 year old... mine doesn't want any of dad's help getting in. The more they like the truck the more time I get to hang with them, so I might hold off on the sliders for now.
Bingo Doc.....
Old 03-13-2011, 10:34 AM   #28

Firefighter:
Latest addition......Yakima MegaWarrior up top.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #29
Rhum.
RugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-B
Name: Paul
RugbyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome, nice cap! Duratracs and Tacomas, its like pancakes and syrup, just too darn good!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #30
espdtrd11
espdtrd08 has a spectacular aura aboutespdtrd08 has a spectacular aura about

espdtrd08's Tacoma Gallery
Bad a** truck! Want some of those sliders. Can you use them as steps?
Old 03-19-2011, 07:56 AM   #31

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by espdtrd08 View Post
Bad a** truck! Want some of those sliders. Can you use them as steps?
It's hard to be a badass in a truck with it's Sirius tuned to the Disney channel most times but geez, I'm tryin'.

The sliders worked grfeat as steps for me and the kickouts were fantastic to stand on and access the roof of the cap. My little guy however had a bit of trouble with them but for older kids and adults, absolutely. A stip of grip tape along the top helps a lot too.

Thanks for the positive vibes.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #32
DocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marc,

How's your ride with this lift? I have the same size tires and am looking at a 2" to 2.5" inch lift that keeps me close to factory. Some of the guys I've been talking to recommend UCAs for stability after 2", have you experienced this?

By the way, I'm also talking with Richard at StubbsWelding.com, excellent guy. It looks like I'll be going with the HD-SKO on my next paycheck.

Thanks again for the help, this is a thread I like to revisit for ideas .

Quote:
Take one filthy 2010 Toyota Tacoma Double cab TRD 4X4 Sport+leather......

...h a healthy dose of GoodYear Duratrac in 265/70/17.....

Next, tint front windows at 40% and stir in 4 tablespoons of Bilstein goodness....5100 series adjustable shocks in the front set to 2.5" and 5125's in the rear with a 1.5" AAL........Mmmmmm, yummy.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #33

Firefighter:
Quote:
Marc,

How's your ride with this lift? I have the same size tires and am looking at a 2" to 2.5" inch lift that keeps me close to factory. Some of the guys I've been talking to recommend UCAs for stability after 2", have you experienced this?

By the way, I'm also talking with Richard at StubbsWelding.com, excellent guy. It looks like I'll be going with the HD-SKO on my next paycheck.

Thanks again for the help, this is a thread I like to revisit for ideas .
Doc, being the early spring here in Eastern Canada it is a bad time to ask. The roads are so horrendous who would know how the hell there truck rides? The potholes are so huge that people are constantly swerving into other lanes and all you hear is bang, bang, ban.........Errrr, sorry seemed to go on a bit of a tirade there.

Still running stock UCA's and have not had any problems with alignment. I can honestly say that the ride is as close to stock as can be and the steering feel is the same etc. Great to hera that you have been in contact with Richard, you won't regret doing business with him. Checked out your build btw, looks great.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #34

Quote:
Doc, being the early spring here in Eastern Canada it is a bad time to ask. The roads are so horrendous who would know how the hell there truck rides? The potholes are so huge that people are constantly swerving into other lanes and all you hear is bang, bang, ban.........Errrr, sorry seemed to go on a bit of a tirade there.

Still running stock UCA's and have not had any problems with alignment. I can honestly say that the ride is as close to stock as can be and the steering feel is the same etc. Great to hera that you have been in contact with Richard, you won't regret doing business with him. Checked out your build btw, looks great.
LOL! Tirade indeed.

Good to hear the lift is what you wanted, I'm leaning more towards the same (even after hearing about the potholes and swerving). It's probably two bonuses away (June 2011).

On a diff note, I'll be kinda in Eastern CA. Headed to Toronto tomorrow and returning Wed (if I don't get snowed in). Still no where near your neck of the woods.

I'll post some pics on the build page after I get the sliders and new stereo.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #35
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Marc , what rack system is mounted on your canopy ?

I'm looking into a Leer RCC commercial cap with the Thule Pro Trac system .

Edit : forget it , I saw it in your sig .... duh
Old 05-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #36
chabro will become famous soon enough

chabro's Tacoma Gallery
Marc,

I've got a really similiar setup with the same cap. Did you add the 1.5 aal to the TSB springs or the 3 leaf pack? I just got the TSB done as the rear was slightly sagging since the cap installation. Just wondering what kind of lift I would expect if added the aal you did.

By the way really nice truck!
Old 05-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #37

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabro View Post
Marc,

I've got a really similiar setup with the same cap. Did you add the 1.5 aal to the TSB springs or the 3 leaf pack? I just got the TSB done as the rear was slightly sagging since the cap installation. Just wondering what kind of lift I would expect if added the aal you did.

By the way really nice truck!
Hey, glad you like it thanks ........Because my truck is Canadian it came stock with a 4 leaf pack (basically what the TSB brings the U.S. trucks to). My AAL took it to 5 in total and with the cap on there is now a tiny bit of rake like it comes from the factory.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #38
chabro will become famous soon enough

chabro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey, glad you like it thanks ........Because my truck is Canadian it came stock with a 4 leaf pack (basically what the TSB brings the U.S. trucks to). My AAL took it to 5 in total and with the cap on there is now a tiny bit of rake like it comes from the factory.

Hope this helps.
Thanks!
Old 06-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #39
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Justin
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Stopping by to check out one of my favorite trucks on here! Still trying to get my lift where I want it haha.. I change my mind too much to buy anything

Great picture!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #40
Imez is on a distinguished road
Name: Keith
Imez's Tacoma Gallery
That is one sweet truck.