Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Hilux Max's 07 D4D Hilux

Old 06-24-2010, 10:37 PM   #21
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
By the way, I don't remember seeing many modified Hiluxes while I was in Australia. Kind of am sad that I didn't I need to get back there.... it's an amazing country!
Old 06-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #24
tntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud of

Army: rangers all the way
tntacoma's Tacoma Gallery
good job

Exellent build, I understand the never finished product. I had a Jeep Wrangler once that evolved into something that was not even reconizeable, it an addiction.
I have had alot of experience w/hilux in Iraq, personally (my opionion so please keep flaming to a low flame). I do not like those trucks, one of the ugliest front ends Toyota has ever made. The interior is real compariable the the Nissans, plastic and cheap looking. To each his own of course. Now what I would give is my best friends left nut for a Hilux diesel engine to drop into my Tacoma.
I honestly think why everyone is all gaga over the Hilux is because no one here has any. The Tacoma is a way more capable truck. The 1st and 2nd generation ones are definately the best.

Just my opinion and you know what they say about those!
Old 06-25-2010, 01:51 AM   #25
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #26
Aussie Offroader :)
HILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HILUX MAX's Tacoma Gallery
Well I had my "4x4 Action" Magazine photo-shoot yesterday, was a good day thou full on......
I met the photographer, Steve from Holeshot Images at Tallarook Township and headed off into Tallrook Forest for the pics.....Because everything is closed for the winter the selection of tracks/camp areas etc to take pics off was limited. We drobe up Mt. Hickey Rd I think it was called to the Telstra tower up there but didnt look like a good spot to shoot pics from. Coming back down Steve decided to take some shots with the burnt trees and hillside in the background.....the black and browns of the landscape matched the hilux perfectly...I took some with my $shitty camera too.

Further on back down the track Steve spotted a large rocky platteue to the side of the mountain...we went there and it was perfect to get some good snaps, the sun had come out and luckily I brought some bits and pieces to finish off detailing the hilux......

The spot is awesome....Im hanging to go back there and have a proper play on the rocks.... :twisted: there is alot of moss and crap on the rocks so was abit slippery near the bottom....tyres pressure were at road pressure so I couldnt go nuts and no I didnt lower them.....it was just a photo shoot, didnt think we would need to. Steve did get some good pics of the Hilux Crawling up the huge boulder....but I have to wait for the magazine to come out to view them.

The pic above gave Steve a chance to crawl under neath and take a few under carriage pics.
The pic below shows how good/beneficial the rear quater chop is -

After that we tried to get to the reservoir there but every track /way we tried it was closed. We checked on our maps and Steve new of a scenic spot further on towards the east side of the forest and we decided to take Red Hill Track to get there.....Boy! wasn't that an experience :shock:
It was steep at places which wasnt bad but as we went on downhill, the track become really really slushy, so much so that the hilux's ar$e end was beginning to over take the front going downhill, forcing me to drive into....not fun at all!
One section there were deep ruts that you couldnt avoid and they dragged you into a wash out to the side of the track....the side of the track that I was supposed to be on was angled upwards so this was gonna be a challenge to get out......
I couldnt beleive only a few hours earlier my hilux was clean as and now the entire side was covered in gumbo-mud!

Steve slid off the track, luckily he had a winch on his GQ Patrol and pulled himself back onto it.I managed to reverse a few metres out of the washout.....others had obviously been stuck there before and left there big shovel there which I began to dig my own ruts to the side and block off the one that was there with branches and mud so the hilux front end would drag itself sideways and out of the $hithole.
Steve got some awesome pics of the hilux in its predicament...and me in mud shoveling..... ops:
When done, I gave the luxi heaps....the front end half dragged itself out and the hilux kind of fish tailed out of the ruts and (almost off the side of the track towards an insurance job :shock: ) and yes, I did soil my underwear getting out of there as I was going way to fast at that point and way too sideways down the hill.....
I only hope he got that on camera.....would have been impressive.

Im not too keen on mud but had no choice once I was into it.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:20 PM   #27
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HILUX MAX View Post
Well I had my "4x4 Action" Magazine photo-shoot yesterday, was a good day thou full on......
I met the photographer, Steve from Holeshot Images at Tallarook Township and headed off into Tallrook Forest for the pics.....Because everything is closed for the winter the selection of tracks/camp areas etc to take pics off was limited. We drobe up Mt. Hickey Rd I think it was called to the Telstra tower up there but didnt look like a good spot to shoot pics from. Coming back down Steve decided to take some shots with the burnt trees and hillside in the background.....the black and browns of the landscape matched the hilux perfectly...I took some with my $shitty camera too.

Further on back down the track Steve spotted a large rocky platteue to the side of the mountain...we went there and it was perfect to get some good snaps, the sun had come out and luckily I brought some bits and pieces to finish off detailing the hilux......

The spot is awesome....Im hanging to go back there and have a proper play on the rocks.... :twisted: there is alot of moss and crap on the rocks so was abit slippery near the bottom....tyres pressure were at road pressure so I couldnt go nuts and no I didnt lower them.....it was just a photo shoot, didnt think we would need to. Steve did get some good pics of the Hilux Crawling up the huge boulder....but I have to wait for the magazine to come out to view them.

The pic above gave Steve a chance to crawl under neath and take a few under carriage pics.
The pic below shows how good/beneficial the rear quater chop is -

After that we tried to get to the reservoir there but every track /way we tried it was closed. We checked on our maps and Steve new of a scenic spot further on towards the east side of the forest and we decided to take Red Hill Track to get there.....Boy! wasn't that an experience :shock:
It was steep at places which wasnt bad but as we went on downhill, the track become really really slushy, so much so that the hilux's ar$e end was beginning to over take the front going downhill, forcing me to drive into....not fun at all!
One section there were deep ruts that you couldnt avoid and they dragged you into a wash out to the side of the track....the side of the track that I was supposed to be on was angled upwards so this was gonna be a challenge to get out......
I couldnt beleive only a few hours earlier my hilux was clean as and now the entire side was covered in gumbo-mud!

Steve slid off the track, luckily he had a winch on his GQ Patrol and pulled himself back onto it.I managed to reverse a few metres out of the washout.....others had obviously been stuck there before and left there big shovel there which I began to dig my own ruts to the side and block off the one that was there with branches and mud so the hilux front end would drag itself sideways and out of the $hithole.
Steve got some awesome pics of the hilux in its predicament...and me in mud shoveling..... ops:
When done, I gave the luxi heaps....the front end half dragged itself out and the hilux kind of fish tailed out of the ruts and (almost off the side of the track towards an insurance job :shock: ) and yes, I did soil my underwear getting out of there as I was going way to fast at that point and way too sideways down the hill.....
I only hope he got that on camera.....would have been impressive.

Im not too keen on mud but had no choice once I was into it.

I'm drooling again...thanks for updating.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:35 PM   #29
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
So cool.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:39 PM   #30
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #31
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
omg.....
Old 07-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #32
Taco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Dependent, pops was a Major
Name: Alex
Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
ok i hate you!!! and by hate i really mean im jealous very very jealous!
Old 07-21-2010, 10:23 PM   #33
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
oh. my. god. best thread on tacomaworld. incredible work man!!! i'm in shock!!
Old 07-21-2010, 10:35 PM   #34
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
HOLY POST! Sick truck, man!
Old 07-21-2010, 10:54 PM   #36
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Bad-freaking-ass!!!! Love the fact it's a diesel especially!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #37
Aussie Offroader :)
HILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HILUX MAX's Tacoma Gallery
Monster Rides Driveshafts

Well my Monster-Rides upgraded driveshafts came in last thursday. One of the very first batch made.

Heres some comparison pics between standard Hilux Driveshaft/cv's and the Monster Rides one as well as some spec's -

Quote:
1.5mm thicker shaft
15mm more flex in the shaft, which will allow up to 100mm more wheel travel if your suspension allows for it
10mm thicker outer cup - CV cup wall heavier and stronger.
Stronger CV boot

These in testing, coupled with aftermarket uper control arms and custom built coil overs are getting some absolutely awesome travel numbers without any binding of the cv whatsoever. I hope to upgrade my upper arms and coil overs too in the future to match.
These along withsome other bits and pieces we got developing at Monster Rides for the current model Hilux will set the standard in aftermarket IFS suspension development in this country! Unfortunately Im not allowed to release the figures at this point in time but will when everything is complete in about amonths time.
Here are a couple more pics -

We have had interest from the USA for these driveshafts, and will be sending 2 pairs over in the near future. One will be fitted to an FJ Cruiser with 3" lift and 35's and the other will be fitted to the editor of Toyota 4WD Magazines personal FJ Cruiser Baja Racer. Heres a pic of it -

Quote:
A built FJ Cruiser with Total Chaos, Sway-a-way COs & Bypasses, SCORE legal cage, PRP etc. It had raced 2007 Baja 500 and the V2R 2008
They are going to use our/these driveshafts and replace the center shafts with the longer Total Chaos ones to get the right track width.
They are planning on doing up this FJ Cruiser for an upcoming King of Hammers race, not to win it, but just to be the first full bodied FJ Cruiser with IFS to do it, so hopefully we can be there for when it happens.
Future plans for this FJ are -
Quote:
Currie 9" rear
IFS, yes IFS front using a Currie 9" housing.
RCV D60 CVs - Now Monster Rides CV's
Atlas 4
Here it is on 39s with a little photo chop fender trim job.
www.monsterrides.com.au
Old 09-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #38
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
WHOA!!

Awesome build and writeup!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #39
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery

This is a great thread ... thanks for taking the time to post it along with the photos.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #40
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
I know nothing about my truck. That's what I learned here. Good god that's cool.