Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Hilux Max's 07 D4D Hilux

Old 09-21-2010, 09:09 PM   #41
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit...Thats the best damn build thread EVER!!

...Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go change my shorts

Old 09-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #42
Aussie Offroader :)
HILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HILUX MAX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Good info!!

How much to ship a set to the US?
These arent available yet but will be in the not too distant future.....you'll have to contact Wyatt Scott at www.rocksolidtoys.com and demand that you want these for your trucks...well, atleast show him some interest as he'll be the US contact in the future.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:38 PM   #43
HILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the other positive comments guys, it is much appreciated....I learnt alot about my truck along the way throughout the build....funny that huh?

you tend to find what works, what doesnt, what you'd do different again if you had the chance.....but the Hilux seems to be developing on its own if that makes sense?

Sometimes you plan things and they never work out and other times things kind of "just happen" and the truck takes another road in development.....

How I thought this truck was going to be when I bought it has been totally thrown out the window now....my aim is to turn it into one of the most capable toyota IFS 4x4's there is out there.....I think Im on my way.

To do -

Rear Detroit Locker (in next 2 months)

Custom rear tube tray (maybe next year at some stage, already have the plans, with 3 little kids there absolutely no time )

35" tyres along with the other suspension developement mods over the next few months.

Need to fix the rear suspension as it doesnt have enough down travel so a longer main leaf may be fitted and some longer rear shocks to suit the increased front end travel this thing will have.

I'd love some custom front tube fenders on this thing.

Lets just say Shannon Campbell is my inspiration.....many people knocked him at the start saying an IFS wouldnt handle the King of Hammers....well, Im sorta hoping to do the same thing with my truck (not the king of hammers of course but I guess you know what I mean)
Old 09-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #44
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
amazing build. one of my favorite trucks on here. Very very detailed, I like it!
Old 09-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #45

Just got word last night that my Upper Arms and extended ball joints are on their way too

Im planning on using ball joint equipped Camburg UCA's and I'll be trying something different with them by fitting extended ball joint to them to get the most out of these shafts.

Heres a pic of the extended ball joints Ill be fitting -

And the Camburg UCA's -

Im hoping both these together will get me the most out of the front IFS...trying to be different and explore what the front IFS of thesecan achieve.

Once the above is done a set of custom built coil-overs will be slotted in that we are currently developing to suit and it should be one of the best "Non extra track widened, long travel IFS" suspension's around.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #46

I assume that these will be cheaper than RCV's. Contact wyatt to express your interest.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #47

11" of down travel by itself or did you mean 11" of travel overall - both up and down?

pretty sure standard Taco setup get you 8" of travel with factory coil overs....as a reference.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:33 AM   #48

Got confirmation today that my hilux will be in 4WD Actions - Custom Guide #35 due out in November

Heres a couple of pics that the 4WD Action team sent me today.......

Old 09-29-2010, 04:34 AM   #49
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Love the truck, the build, the country........mad props
Old 10-18-2010, 10:06 AM   #50
Blake is on a distinguished road
Blake's Tacoma Gallery
That is absolutely badass! Well done sir! Well done, indeed!
Old 10-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #51
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
That's sweet!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #55
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: FN
Name: Kyle
Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
sick truck!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 02:58 PM   #57
005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
005Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
That is one hella truck. I think the 2012 Tacoma or 3rd gen Tacoma should look like the Hilux.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:59 PM   #58
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
It's so cool reading about/seeing all these new products. I have never heard of extended ball joints. What a genius idea. Also, that diff drop is neato and looks much more effective than what we have.

I'm surprised you still have your front sway bar.

Is a possibility that that sac kit could be used on the Tacoma's over here?
Old 01-31-2011, 10:03 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
It's so cool reading about/seeing all these new products. I have never heard of extended ball joints. What a genius idea. Also, that diff drop is neato and looks much more effective than what we have.

I'm surprised you still have your front sway bar.

Is a possibility that that sac kit could be used on the Tacoma's over here?
Legaly, we need to leave it on....thou when I upgrade my suspension again Ill see how it handles before I decide whether to keep it on or not.

Will the kit fir the Tacomas.....not sure mate,......are the front end portions of the chassis the same? I think they would be...thou the hilux is fully boxed all the way through and the tacoma aren't, but I think theres a good chance it would fit.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:44 PM   #60
Halo913 is on a distinguished road
Name: Adrian
Halo913's Tacoma Gallery
OMG!!!!