Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Hilux Max's 07 D4D Hilux

Old 05-27-2013, 12:23 AM   #141
Aussie Offroader :)
HILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HILUX MAX's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for reminding me to update this thread. Havent done so in ages.

I have fitted 17x8 Alloy wheels from a GU Nissan Patrol (+10 offset) and 35/12.5x17 Maxxis Bighorns. Also removed the bed and fitted a custom steel flatbed. Rear bed fenders are removable aswell.

I out the spare on the back for a little more weight at the back.

Between the top of the tyre and the underside of the tray frame i can "just" fit my fingers. At the same point the progressive rear bumpstops are starting to work and the rear leaves are starting to invert.

And a pic and vid from yesterdays wheeling trip....

and a vid of the same track -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAretu_pfzI

wheeling the hell out of her now until I can afford to solid axle swap her.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #142
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
. . . Sub'd
Old 07-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #143
Aussie Offroader :)
HILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shedHILUX MAX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HILUX MAX's Tacoma Gallery
Just bumping this up with a small addition.

Made up my own, long overdue CrawlBox crossmember. All that is left is to mount it all up and weld the chassis mounts to the inner chassis rail.

after that will be looking into some form of belly skid plate to protect the chain case a little more. not keen on bodylifting for more height, just trying to keep her as low as possible/needed.

heres a pic after a recent detail -