1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MY Taco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by subhunter, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Sep 6, 2010 at 7:03 AM
    subhunter

subhunter [OP] Member

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma double cab
    Well I figured I should get some pics up. I bought my 2008 TRD Sport used, I added a Go Rhino Extream bull bar to the front, it's a metal frame covered with a polyurethane mold, very strong with a step on the front. I put a Go Rhino Bumper step on the back for all the tail gate fools on the road, I am going to fill it with concrete. I was having problems with the trim on the roof coming off in the car wash so after 3 trips to the dealer to have it replaced I added the roof racks. I put on http://www.wetokole.com/
    on the front seats in the real tree camo. I had wanted to change out my tires and give the truck a more aggressive look, I drive my truck for work everyday and put a lot of miles on it so I had to be practical.I purchased a ready lift kit from my local toyota dealer, this is the kit they use on the trucks they are selling, it raises it 2.75" in the front and 1" in the back, this lets you get 33's on the truck. http://www.readylift.com/c-83-toyota...unner-225.aspx I retained the stock wheels and mounted Good Year Wrangler Dura Trac tires in 285/70 17, this created two problems for me, the tire was rubbing on the swing arm when turning, I took some pics. To solve this I ordered some spider trax wheel spacers. http://www.spidertrax.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.169/.f
    The wheel spacers worked great, I have had them on for about 6000 miles with no problems. Now I was getting some fender rub, mostly in the front, I had to cut some of the fender forward and some around the mud flap in the back. Now that all the fender issues are solved it works great, I lost about 1.8 mpg on my fuel so not to bad. I installed a console vault to keep my 357 in and my Ipod and GPS when I park. http://www.center-of-mass.com/CV_Details/CV1012.htm
    I am still messing with the stereo, I put a 10" sub in the back and replaced the factory speakers with infinitys, I put dynamat on the roof,doors, and back of the cab. I am going to add a train horn when I get the funds.

Here are the PICs http://www.flickr.com/photos/1634327...7624891561036/

2. Sep 6, 2010 at 7:32 AM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    sweet looking truck
    that front bumper is crazy looking.....

3. Sep 6, 2010 at 7:36 AM
    fhlashsf

fhlashsf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    Danville, CA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Off Road Double Cab 4x4
    Weathertechs, Avid bolt-on sliders and light bar, 17" ATX Thug wheels, BF Goodrich AT 285/70/17 tires, Icom 2820 Dstar radio, OME 3" lift, color matched rear bumper and Grillecraft grille, Wet Okole seat covers, ARM bed extender, black badges, Sockmonkey decals, HID headlight and foglights, TRD cat back exhaust, TRD CAI, URD MAF calibrator, Kenwood 6960 HU, Image Dynamic front and back speakers, ARC Audio Sub in Mr. Marv custom sub box and amp rack, Tuffy security box for bed.
    Love the color and the mods.

4. Sep 7, 2010 at 4:23 PM
    subhunter

subhunter [OP] Member

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma double cab
    thanks, always looking to tinker with it.

5. Sep 17, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    WONGOnumeroUNO

WONGOnumeroUNO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wongo
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC
    Front: 1.6" Eibach Coils with 0.85" Bilsteins up front; Rear: Toytec 1.5" AAL and Bilsteins; 285 Goodyear Duratracs on 17" KMC XD Spy
    Great lookin Taco! Exactly what i'm working on right now.

6. Jan 25, 2015 at 8:14 PM
    subhunter

subhunter [OP] Member

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma double cab
    Well I put my wrangler duratrac tires on at around 52000 miles and I got 103000 on the truck now and I will probably get the rest of the winter out of them I hope. I drive on the highway a lot so they are quite noisy compared to the factory H/T dullers that came on it and of course the gas mileage went to crap. but the tires are holding up grate and I have not gotten any flats!

Products Discussed in

To Top