Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen. Builds (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/)
-   -   Gus's Second Gen Build (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/161474-guss-second-gen-build.html)

TacomaGus 06-10-2011 01:46 PM

Gus's Second Gen Build
 
1 Attachment(s)
Figured i should start a page as I have been numerous small/cheap and easy mods to the new truck. Still have the 04 4x4 2.7L that is now my brothers first vehicle

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...sits_today.jpg

But this is a step up haha

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...ew_truck20.jpg

I started by removing secondary air filter, debadged and tinted tails
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...nd_debadge.jpg

I then ordered the TRD Shift Knob, and got the old Kenwood headunit from my old truck put in this one
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...shift_knob.jpg

Lastly I painted the wheels gloss black with good ol Rustoleum
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...ed_wheels1.jpg

and this is how she sits as off 5 mins ago haha
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...ted_wheels.jpg


I will be adding a AFE Pro Dry drop in filter and getting the 13inch wicked flow muffler in the next few weeks, but after that mods will be slow. I have thought about the 5100's but i never offroad anymore and I don't need them right now, and since its CPO i don't want to void warranty. Leaning towards getting pro comp 7089s in the fall/winter but still doing some research on any issues with them as the 8069's I had on my first gen created some vibes possibly due to backspacing too far out from truck?

thanks for looking and it will come along VERY slowly haha

TexAggie 06-10-2011 01:52 PM

NICE!! keep it up.

TacomaGus 07-11-2011 11:12 PM

UPDATE: the Pro dry gave me about a 1 mpg increase, still doing testing with diff octanes and stuff but went from 15-16 around town to 16-17. And the wicked flow WAS dumped over the axle and still sounded good but droned on highway in 6th gear was annoying. Had a local muffler shop fab up a new 45 degree exit pipe today, will update with pics later. Ordered front 5100's from DSMS and Will be adding them in a couple weeks

TacomaGus 08-04-2011 10:20 AM

Been Busy
 
4 Attachment(s)
The first pic is of the Revotek headlights (ebay) that i got in about a week ago since i don't have time for the BHLM.

Second pic is of the 5100's set @ .85" and they ride GREAT! No vibes, Handling has improved, and as you can see the CV joints are unaffected.

Third pic is of the custom outlet pipe i had fabbed up for my wicked flow exhaust (which is getting replaced by an AT2525)

And the last pic is how it sits today 8/4/11, its just about level, only .25" lower in the front but if i had set it at 1.75" it would've been way nose high...

Tacolover443 08-04-2011 03:54 PM

Nice looking truck!! Love the stock rims black!

travbz24 08-13-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TacomaGus (Post 3534342)
The first pic is of the Revotek headlights (ebay) that i got in about a week ago since i don't have time for the BHLM.

Second pic is of the 5100's set @ .85" and they ride GREAT! No vibes, Handling has improved, and as you can see the CV joints are unaffected.

Third pic is of the custom outlet pipe i had fabbed up for my wicked flow exhaust (which is getting replaced by an AT2525)

And the last pic is how it sits today 8/4/11, its just about level, only .25" lower in the front but if i had set it at 1.75" it would've been way nose high...

Have you had the rear springs TSB done?

TacomaGus 08-13-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travbz24 (Post 3575183)
Have you had the rear springs TSB done?

No i have not had the TSB done...

Muscles 08-14-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TacomaGus (Post 3292951)







Lastly I painted the wheels gloss black with good ol Rustoleum
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...ed_wheels1.jpg

How did you paint the rims gloss black? Did you doit yourself or take it to a shop? If you took it to a shop how much was it? If you dont mind me askin lol

THExBUSxDRIVER 08-14-2011 05:55 PM

Good stuff man keep going. We have the same name lol.

TacomaGus 08-14-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscles (Post 3579674)
How did you paint the rims gloss black? Did you doit yourself or take it to a shop? If you took it to a shop how much was it? If you dont mind me askin lol

Did it myself. Wet sanded with 600 grit i think then cleaned with mineral spirits, dried, then sprayed 2 thick coats of Rustoleum white "clean metal primer", and then did 3-4 coats of Rustoleum gloss black paint. (waited about 10 min between coats) really easy, just gotta give yourself a day so you can let it dry a while

TacomaGus 08-14-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER (Post 3579689)
Good stuff man keep going. We have the same name lol.

ya if there was a poll on here titled is your name Gus?, there would prob only be two yesses haha

Muscles 08-19-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TacomaGus (Post 3580183)
Did it myself. Wet sanded with 600 grit i think then cleaned with mineral spirits, dried, then sprayed 2 thick coats of Rustoleum white "clean metal primer", and then did 3-4 coats of Rustoleum gloss black paint. (waited about 10 min between coats) really easy, just gotta give yourself a day so you can let it dry a while

Dang i really want to do this but im not sure how much of a painter i am haha.

TacomaGus 08-21-2011 09:59 AM

Upddated Exhaust
 
Update: I replaced the Wicked Flow Max with the Kamikaze 2.5" in and out and its sounds great. Louder than the regular WF but with no drone and more rumble, highly recommend it and DOES NOT sound like straight pipes

TacomaGus 02-01-2012 11:11 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfspyQEUpo8

This is the video of exhaust. Will update in a week or so pics of truck with 265/70/17 General Grabbers, 5100s @1.75" and bronze level 8 guardian wheels

THExBUSxDRIVER 02-01-2012 01:03 PM

Nice. I've been thinking about that kamikaze but have heard mixed views on it, like being to loud.

TacomaGus 02-01-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER (Post 4474971)
Nice. I've been thinking about that kamikaze but have heard mixed views on it, like being to loud.

i mean it is pretty loud around town, but quiets down a lot on the highway with no drone. You def get the flowmaster rumble noise that is hard to get on packing mufflers (magnaflow, borla, etc.) without the performance loss of a flowmaster or straight pipe

Eagledynasty 02-01-2012 02:31 PM

Love the truck man looks great.

TacomaGus 02-01-2012 05:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagledynasty (Post 4475511)
Love the truck man looks great.

thanks man, will be looking a lot and uniquer in about a week w/ these

THExBUSxDRIVER 02-12-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TacomaGus (Post 4476546)
thanks man, will be looking a lot and uniquer in about a week w/ these

Man those will look sweet especially w/ the bronze color.

Can you do a drive by with the kamikaze?

TacomaGus 02-12-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER (Post 4546473)
Man those will look sweet especially w/ the bronze color.

Can you do a drive by with the kamikaze?

ya they look awesome! will post pics sometime this week prob. Sorry man, back to school and no time to do a drive by vid. The vid posted sounds very similar to what it is in real life tho...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:32 PM.