1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

xx's 2nd Gen Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by xxaarraa, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Jun 12, 2011 at 8:49 AM
    xxaarraa

xxaarraa [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Day I bought it

[​IMG]

#1: Hardwired my Passport 9500iX

[​IMG]

#2: Hardwired my Garmin Nuvi

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#3: Put a BT head unit in (Sony BT3800)

[​IMG]

#4: Installed my motorcycle wheel chock in bed. Mounted a Harbor Freight chock to a 2x4, drilled two holes in the bed and bolted it down.

[​IMG]

#5, #6: Then came a Satoshi and T-Rex 2 eye-lids:

[​IMG]

#7. Got tired of scratching the composite bed by just looking at it. So I bought a Dee Zee bed mat. Didn’t feel like paying the $85 for a Toyota mat so got the ¾ inch Dee Zee and couldn’t be happier so far.

[​IMG]

#8: Got tired of using a ghetto-fab tarp to keep the bed contents from getting rained on. So installed an Access Lorado tonneau cover and did my own weather striping

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#9: Got tired of snow/ice/crap getting inside the truck all the time despite the all weather floor mats so went with some Weathertech floor liners front and back

[​IMG]

#10: Got tired of feeling like the truck was going to roll over going around off ramps at 30 mph so installed a Hellwig rear sway bar (3/4 inch)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#11: Got tired of people saying how great the rear Spring TSB is, so went and got mine. Then went with billies up front to level it out (0.85)
    (sorry the day was spent in agonizing pain and spewing out f-bombs so no pictures of actual install )

[​IMG]

#12: Got tired of how the stock tires looked too puny once lifted, so I installed Spidertrax 1.25” in all 4 corners and upsized the tires to 265x70

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#13: Got tired of the crappy stock shifter, so next came the URD short shifter kit.

[​IMG]

#14: Got tired of looking at all that color matched plastic. Wasn’t a fan of the color matched fender flares so plasti-dipped the SR5 fender flares

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#15: Got tired of looking at the non-matching grey step bars, so rustoleumed them black

[​IMG]

#16: Just for the heck of it, plasti-dipped my center caps

#17: That center console in the back never did anything for me so out it went and I made my own “flatbed” in the back of the accesscab for the dog. Simple ¾ inch plywood from Home Depot cut to size with my trusty sawzall. Stapled a $2.75 Walmart towel around it and put a bathroom mat on top of it. The dog loves it. It is proving very useful to move large things inside the cab too.

[​IMG]

#18: Got tired of the stock seats getting dirty and stained every time I looked at them so threw on some el-cheapo $20 walmart seat covers. If they get dirty, they get tossed.

[​IMG]

#19: Got tired of the 90lb dog trying to jump on to the front seat while moving. So made my own “pet barrier” with a Walmart cargo net and some bungees.

[​IMG]

#20: Got tired of the seatbelt warning buzzer, so turned it off.

#21: Got tired of the key in steering column warning buzzer, so turned it off.

#22: “Flipped” the spare wheel for easier access to valve stem

#23: Got tired of worrying that the flimsy bed cleats will break on me and spray my motorcycle all over the highway so added two D rings in the front of the bed and cut the bed mat to fit.

#24: Added an AFE Pro Dry S air filter. Was really surprised at how clean the stock air filter looked at 17k miles. Really surprised. Considering I did a fair bit of offroading.

#25: Installed my LED DRLs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#26: Made my "50 cent ipad mount" now that I am primarily using the iPad for navigation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#27: Got tired of looking at the puny 16" wheels and installed 17" sport rims with 265x70x17 General Grabber AT2s.

[​IMG]

1000000179_5a0b120783e87ecebe0444df0e75b96b7118eb1c.jpg

#28: Installed a towing hitch and wiring kit to tow a UHaul trailer across country

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#29: Got tired of the peeling off ghetto look of the 2x4 so bolted the motorcycle chock directly to the bed. The composite bed is disconcertingly easy to drill through.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#30: Installed quick connect hardware for the bed extender.

[​IMG]

#31: Installed a Razo carbon fiber 300 gram shift knob.

#32: Relocated horn and temp sensor to make way for lights behind the grill. I took a slightly different approach to re-mounting the horns. Didn't like the usual place where people do it, the nuts/bolts didn't quite work for me and they weren't secure. So I mounted them here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#33: Installed Hella 700 FFs behind Satoshi with an Elusive Elements light bar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jun 12, 2011 at 5:25 PM
    HuntnTruk

HuntnTruk Tacohead

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    New York-not the City
    Vehicle:
    Indigo SR5 4x4
    You are tired a lot.

Nice build

3. Jun 12, 2011 at 5:46 PM
    NaYoung

NaYoung Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD ORDC
    You must be exhausted. Looks good.

4. Jun 13, 2011 at 11:46 AM
    johnh7

johnh7 life. It goes on.

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    GA
    looking good... drink a redbull so u can get wings and not be tired buddy...

5. Jun 13, 2011 at 12:09 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    Thats what i was thinking.

OP try to get more sleep, maybe "get tired" of your mattress and buy a serta :rofl:

6. Feb 4, 2012 at 6:57 PM
    xxaarraa

xxaarraa [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Updated with a few more projects

7. May 16, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    RadRed06

RadRed06 Christ Follower

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Flowood, MS
    Vehicle:
    '12 Pyrite 4x4 OR
    Lifted on 33s
    Nice build, how do you like the rear sway bar?

8. May 17, 2012 at 8:58 PM
    Tacolover443

Tacolover443 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Haverford, PA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OR DCSB BSP
    Satoshi, color match grill, 2 Hella 500ff's, rear TSB, yellow "Taco", OEM all-weather floor mats, OEM TRD seat covers, Ultra-Gauge, bed linered rear bumper, Plasti-dipped rims, DuraTrac's,
    Nice man! You got a sweet truck there. I also love the fact that almost all of your mods start with "got tired" :rofl:

9. Jul 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM
    skeeet

skeeet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB TRD Sport
    you sir, are the man!

Products Discussed in

To Top