Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen. Builds (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/)
-   -   Advice appreciated 3" suspension lift on 2wd taco TRD Sport (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/252704-advice-appreciated-3-suspension-lift-2wd-taco-trd-sport.html)

Mpgillespie 12-10-2012 03:25 PM

Advice appreciated 3" suspension lift on 2wd taco TRD Sport

So I'm looking to get some bigger tires for my truck 2013 DCSB TRD sport and considering a 3 inch suspension lift. Any long term cons to the lift? Im looking for more cosmetic, since its a 2wd. A local retailer suggested a pro comp suspension lift out the door for right around $1,000. (Alignment included). What do you'll think? Any good tire/size suggestions?

Mr Salty 12-10-2012 03:30 PM

ProComp, NO
OME, Toytec, or best bet Spindle lift (take advantage of having 2WD), YES

Bottom line... don't spend the money on ProComp when there are so many better options out there.

Aw9d 12-10-2012 03:33 PM

What's wrong with a Pro Comp lift? Curious as a buddy I know has a Pro Comp 3inch on his truck, rides great, looks good, and his was 600$ out the door. Just wonder what is wrong with them as I've never adjusted, and don't have plans on adjusting my suspension in anyway.

RCBS 12-10-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Salty (Post 6112470)
ProComp, NO
OME, Toytec, or best bet Spindle lift (take advantage of having 2WD), YES

Bottom line... don't spend the money on ProComp when there are so many better options out there.

Big question, what year is your ride?

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...=113&Itemid=72

Mpgillespie 12-10-2012 03:39 PM

I'm going to go to another place, I had these clowns install a roll-n-lock tonneau cover, need to take back for a third time to install drain tubes.

Mpgillespie 12-10-2012 03:40 PM

Will the stock Bilsteins need to be replaced?

Mr Salty 12-10-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aw9d (Post 6112490)
What's wrong with a Pro Comp lift? Curious as a buddy I know has a Pro Comp 3inch on his truck, rides great, looks good, and his was 600$ out the door. Just wonder what is wrong with them as I've never adjusted, and don't have plans on adjusting my suspension in anyway.

Its not that their product is complete crap, it’s more that there’s better options for less $$$.

I like their wheels, but that’s about it.

Owning a prerunner I can't see buying anything procomp. They don't make 2nd gen spindles, I wouldn't choose their UCAs (needed for 3" lift) over other manufacturers, they don't make a leaf pack and I wouldn't run blocks or their generic AALs. As for coils, I also wouldn't choose theirs, from my experience they are stiff as shit. Yes I have owned ProComp product in the past as well as fabtech, which is even worse in my opinion.

Bottom line… wouldn’t I pay $1,000 for Procomp including install, not unless I wanted a preloaded rough riding coil that doesn’t flex and just pushes me up 2”. I also wouldn’t pay to preload one of their Coilovers. Not when I could buy King, Fox, or Icon.

Mr Salty 12-10-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpgillespie (Post 6112528)
Will the stock Bilsteins need to be replaced?

With spindles you can get 4" of lift and keep your stock shocks and coils for a factory ride. Just need to worry about the rear lift (AAL, blocks, Leaf pack...).

Trifenix 12-10-2012 04:07 PM

$1000 can get you coilovers from ^ companies.
No procomp unless you go with db lift

Mpgillespie 12-10-2012 04:51 PM

Thanks for the advice Gents... Any long term cons to the suspension lift?

Plik 12-12-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpgillespie (Post 6112888)
Thanks for the advice Gents... Any long term cons to the suspension lift?

A woman constantly complaining about how hard it is to climb into your truck ;)

Mpgillespie 12-12-2012 07:26 PM

^^ Haha funny guy! Just got my steps for that reason...