1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mud Grapplers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Hank Mania, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Jun 9, 2014 at 1:03 PM
    Hank Mania

Hank Mania [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hank
    Swamp State
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    Pro Comp Nitro Level Kit Sway Bar Removal
    Just went over a year of ownership with my truck. So far besides some seat covers all I have done is a Pro Comp Level Kit and wheels and tires. She is sitting on 33x12.5 Mud Grapplers with 17" Method Fat Five.

I'm planning on upgrading the suspension one day. The UCA rubs against the coilover's spring on the passenger side if it cycles too low. Its a ear churner. My current goal right now is to re-gear her for less strain on the drive train. I'm thinking 4.88s.

Taco.jpg

2. Jun 9, 2014 at 1:20 PM
    MadToy

MadToy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Huntersville, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Midnight Blue TRD
    OME 886, Dakar leafs, LR UCA's, 16x8.5 Level 8 ZX, 315 MTR Kevlar, All-Pro sliders, BudBuilt skids, Undercoverhwms winch mount, Warn M8000 with synthetic rope, ATO Hi-Lift bed mounts, Diff locker override, Hitch harness relocated to bumper, Undercover bed cover, Gromm Aux adapter, Grillcraft grill, DT pipe bombs, Custom Magnaflow exhaust, Brute Force HC bumper, TRD Supercharger
    Your UCA is hitting the spring because of the spacer lift. If you look closely at full droop, your CV axle boot is probably close to, if not also hitting the LCA.

4.56 gears with 33's are the best bet. 4.88's are overkill - unless the plan is 35's some day, although 4.56's work with 35's also.

Can you hear yourself think with those Grapplers on the highway? :)

Products Discussed in

To Top