1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No More Toaster!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by TacoMAUI95, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Jan 27, 2015 at 7:15 PM
    TacoMAUI95

TacoMAUI95 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maui,HI
    Vehicle:
    17DCLB TRDOR MGM. Replaced 2014 DCSB TRDOR
    Nothing yet. Old truck had the works.
    So I traded in my 2012 Scion XB Hot Lava 9.0. Little too low for me i didn't enjoy scraping on speed bumps :D [​IMG]

So i got this beauty! 2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road in Magnetic Gray Metallic.
    Heres 2 generic pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heres some pics from my first little adventure with it. A bbq up on the mountain.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    So stoked i love this truck.

So to get started on my mods. I wanted to get Method NV 17s with 265/70/17 Nitto trail grapplers and was quoted 2700 for rims and tires shipping to hawaii is ridiculous. I was like ouch... So i looked on ebay and nowhere shipped to hawaii for free. Then i found one company that did. I was able to purchase Method NV 17s but they only had Nitto terra grapplers so i went with those. Was 1600$ a big savings. But then the company said ebay made a mistake and i have to pay 700$ more in shipping or they wouldn't send my rims and tires. Which blowed so i talked to ebay support and they said i was in the right and since the company promised free shipping that i would get it or id get refunded, only thing i had to wait for the company to give them a chance to send per ebays policy. So long story short i ended up saving 1100$ but had to wait like 3 months for my rims and tires. Oh well heres some pics with them.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Then decided to buy a lift. Went with ICON stage 3 for performance and the best ride. Had to wait a month and a half for it. Hawaiian time lol...
    So stoked once I got the lift though it was super stiff and truck drove different at first but after it broke in Oooh Lah Laaaaah. It soaks up washboards, potholes, and our horrible roads where i live. I definitely recommend ICONs to anyone wanting a great lift.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Craziest thing is the icons added so much more articulation that i can actually make my back tires rub at full stuff age. like here. Just barely rubbing the little plastic fender inside. Just enough to hear not any damage tho. And these are 32s Icons are epic.[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Got my go pro and have been filming and gonna try and put together a little video of some offroading on our little island in the pacific. Thanks for looking will update whenever i add stuff.
    Next purchase SLIDERS!

The first video I've ever made and its my truck!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9b2j1LnH30&feature=youtu.be

Havent added anything for a year on this thread.

Got a shipment of bumpers from the allpro free shipping.

Mounted the rear first. Took some pics on an older phone which broke. Ill upload the pics when i recover thise photos. As well as more photos of my racks.

Bumpers went smoothly except only half the screws went in on the rear left side. Have tried contacting allpro about the misalligned holes but they will not reply.

However they are solid and great quality.

Heres my aluminum front bumper.
    image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Next came new rubber. Nitto terra grapplers are great tires for the street and mild offroading but not what i want my truck to do.So constantly lusting about mods had me looking at practically every single tire being made as well as different sizes and the pros and cons of each etc etc. I didnt have the funds to drop 1600$ on new shoes though. So it was just a waiting game till i could afford.

In the end though fellow TWer Ahshiet decided for me with a KILLER deal on some used 295/70/17 TOYO MTs. Got all 4 bought and mounted for less than the price of 1 new TOYO.

image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

So got them mounted a few days later. Craaaazy rubbing. But couldnt be happier with how they looked.

Update 2 months later ish.

Even with like 30% tread they perform so much better than the nittos. Had a chance to do a little bit of clay mud. They didnt even spin. Nittos i might not have gotten out. Rocks and dirt they do great.
    They simply perform great and i have no complaints.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Only have the one pic of where i trimmed still need to trim more plastic and more metal and then weld a plate in. But at least its wheelable. Also i rub on the sway bar. But cant do much about that without removal. Which i havent decided whether or not to do yet. image.jpg

Some beach pics. image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Wishlist and future mods.
    Definitely need skid plates. Ifs mid and trans.
    Upgraded lighting might do the rigid grill/ lightbar combo.
    Wet okoles.
    Heavy duty leaf pack (Allpro, Dakar,etc)
    Heavier springs up front.

And the most lusted after mod image.jpg
    Tepui siberian camo RTT. Id also LOVE some snow...
    But here on maui yeah right!

Got this little mod too. image.jpgimage.jpg

The only HONDA that you can wheel! Unlike that silver one on the right.

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jan 27, 2015 at 7:39 PM
    elmer91

elmer91 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Mineola, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 dcsb
    3" OME, Borla exhaust, weathertech liners and wind deflectors, partial debadge, 12" kicker shallow mount, BAMF bed tie downs, 13" single row light bar with BAMF behind the grill mount, 30" avec bar in bumper, avec pods on relentless hood mounts, led interior and license plate lights, relentless tailgate reinforcement, illuminated 4x4 switch
    Nice truck man!

3. Jan 27, 2015 at 7:41 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    nice upgrade!

4. Jan 27, 2015 at 7:42 PM
    taco 2011

taco 2011 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD SR5
    Westin Bull guard,predator nerf bars, Window Tint Legal limit, Weather tech Floor mats, Weather tech smoke visors, Wet Okole seat covers, OEM Roof Racks, Reverse Camera, Pace Edwards Full Metal Jack Rabbit Cover,Dyno power locking tailgate Trd alloy wheels, Dunlop at tires JL Stealthbox, JL custom fit molding kit, Directed Audio 500 watt amp, LCI adaptor. More mods to come.
    Glad ebay agree that you were in the right. Congrats on the truck

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Jan 28, 2015 at 6:26 PM
    TacoMAUI95

TacoMAUI95 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maui,HI
    Vehicle:
    17DCLB TRDOR MGM. Replaced 2014 DCSB TRDOR
    Nothing yet. Old truck had the works.
    Thanks guys!

Products Discussed in

To Top