1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009Tacomav6 Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by 2009tacomav6, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Oct 18, 2009 at 1:20 PM
    2009tacomav6

2009tacomav6 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    phx AZ
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4
    TRD SC TRD Cat Back KMC 17x9 Addicts
    I see so many builds and thought I would share.

The beginning...

[​IMG]

First off, Exhaust-
    The exhaust sound was not so fantastic so I swaped out my stock:
    [​IMG]

For the TRD version
    [​IMG]

Then decided I needed some nerf bars so I through some of those on...

[​IMG]

Now that my tail pipe was ready to put out I needed something for it to put out. I had worked the deal with the dealer to inlcude in my new truck price the TRD Super charger.
    [​IMG]
    aaahhhhh..... I did a seperate write-up on the SC. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/performance-tuning/23983-2009-supercharger-tacoma-dc.html

Now I needed some lift... I was running the stock stuff,
    [​IMG]

but that was not allowing me to upsize my tires... I needed more altitude.
    I decided on the Old Man Emu mostly becuase I wanted the option of adding a bumper on. I put 885 coils and springs along with new OME leaf packs in back
    [​IMG]

Sorry no photos of leaf packs.

Now that my lift problem was resolved I could look to tires...I was looking at my wheels and was not sure I really liked the TRD OEM setup [​IMG]

so I swaped out with a set of these. XD Series 17x9
    [​IMG]

But the crome was a little to bright so went with non crome version 17x9
    [​IMG]

That was a nice touch.

What next? Well if you change wheel sizes you need tires... A quick trip to Discounttire. [​IMG]

I landed on the Nitto Terra Grapplers... While I really liked the Michelin MS ATX, the price for them was crazy... Nitto was a great choice and I liked the tread pattern.
    [​IMG]

So.. I have great traction, nice looking wheels to hold them on, a piss load of power to push them but what about forward armor? Well those OME springs came in handy as I purchased the ARB bumber. Its a meating thing but in my research I felt the most comfortable with as they seem to do a lot of technology testing with the air bag system. So a few hours in the shop and whala!
    [​IMG]

Installed and ready for action.
    [​IMG]

The one downfall to the ARB bumper, that ARB now resolved, was the fact that this model did not alot for the fog lights... That was very disappointing for me as I really wanted fogs... My work around you ask? PIAA lights.. I landed on the PIAA 525 model as I really liked the dual functionaility. I wanted fog lights for normal driving at night and driving beams for out in the dark.
    [​IMG]

I small additional hole through the firewall, some nuts for the battery and they are online and functional. I decided to tap the wire from the fog light wire bundle behind the dash where the old switch was to make them hot when lights were active... Worked out good. I put a small blank over the previous fog light switch in the dash...
    [​IMG]

That is about where she sits today... I am sure there might be some more to come, Just not sure what will be next. Thinking CB and antenna...

2. Oct 18, 2009 at 1:25 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    VERY nice! Looks great!

3. Oct 18, 2009 at 4:18 PM
    aces2

aces2 Senior Arshole

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 RR AC 4x4
    Flowmaster 40, K&N CAI, RED brake light bulbs, BHLM, Rear dif breather line, Factory Skidplate painted BLACK, DRL's, YELLOW bulbs in Fogs Turn Signals and Marker lights, Custom "Toy Machine" center emblem, Sockmonkey "Nor-Cal" decals all BLACK, Redline tailgate damper and hood sruts, Painted steering wheel emblem BLACK, 12V always on, Foglight mod, 16" Pro-Comp 7089 rims BLACK powdercoated acorn lugnuts, BFG KM2's 285-75-16, Painted exhaust pipe BLACK, BLACK emblems all the way around, Rear BLACK bumper from base model, Radical RED "sport" grille-surround, Factory Toyota Bed extender, RED maglight mounted on each seat's side, TRD ball-type shift knob, Custom mounted Scangauge II under stereo, Aftermarket HU, Hardwired Garmin GPS 260W, TSB w/AAL and 2.5" 5100's, Weathertech floor liners, Removed front mud flaps, 95-04 "4WD" rear mudflaps, 3rd Brake light "TACO", BLACK front lip
    AWESOME! I feel dumb for not coaxing my dealer into a S/C install before I financed! NICE truck though! :)

4. Dec 28, 2009 at 9:20 PM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Just saw the build, looks good :thumbsup: how are the 885's with the ARB? How much did it sag? How is the ride? Looks awesome, this is the route I want to go. :drool:

5. Feb 14, 2010 at 1:37 PM
    2009tacomav6

2009tacomav6 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    phx AZ
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4
    TRD SC TRD Cat Back KMC 17x9 Addicts
    The 885's have held up good. They have been on almost a year now and I have not seen any sag which is good. I would need to trim more wheel if that happened!

6. Mar 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    hawkislanding

hawkislanding Active Member

Member:
    San Francisco
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    *4.0 v6 TRD Super Charger *TRD Cat Back Exhaust *Black Leather non perforated seats *16" FJ Cruiser Silver TRD rims *265/75/16 BFG TA KO's *Weather Tech liners *Front window tint *AA Maglite mod in center counsel *DD Maglite mod on driver's side seat *Pop locks on bed storage boxes
    Killer ride!!!

7. Oct 9, 2010 at 9:48 AM
    98lowflyingtacoma

98lowflyingtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma Prerunner

Products Discussed in

To Top