Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Looking for TRD supercharger 2nd gen

Old 12-31-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for TRD supercharger 2nd gen

Hey guys, im new to this forum but not toyotas or forums in general.

I am lookin for a good deal on a 2nd gen supercharger for me dad. He has an 08 Tacoma TRD sports package. Currently has dual exhaust and URD cold air intake on it. But he want more power.

So hopefully somebody can offer me a good deal on a supercharger new or used, but needs to come with everything for the install. Only stopping him from getting it is the massive price of one brand new.

So hit me up with some offers guys thanks a lot
Old 12-31-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
For a power adder such as this new is always best. I think http://www.trdparts4u.com/Scripts/default.asp has some of the lowest prices for it. Also check ebay. Keep in mind that some places sell the blower and fit kit separately.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
Clever white boy.
wired_af is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
wired_af's Tacoma Gallery
Your not going to have much luck finding used ones. Once you put it on you can't go back. Check out shopTRD.com they are a little cheaper than trdparts4u.com
Old 12-31-2010, 02:07 PM   #5
Yeah, there's a TSB for that!
DrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DrRabbitFurHead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired_af View Post
Once you put it on you can't go back. Check out shopTRD.com they are a little cheaper than trdparts4u.com
Curious as to why that is???
Thanks for the shopTRD.com link. That one's bookmarked!
Old 12-31-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
hottacoX will become famous soon enough

Name: Cory
hottacoX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRabbitFurHead View Post
Curious as to why that is???
Thanks for the shopTRD.com link. That one's bookmarked!
This is because you need to reflash the trucks computer and once it's been reflashed it can't be undone. It's dumb but it's the way it is.

There are a few members who have pulled their chargers off but left in the 425cc injectors and has run fine...
Old 12-31-2010, 02:26 PM   #7
Yeah, there's a TSB for that!
DrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DrRabbitFurHead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hottacoX View Post
This is because you need to reflash the trucks computer and once it's been reflashed it can't be undone. It's dumb but it's the way it is.

There are a few members who have pulled their chargers off but left in the 425cc injectors and has run fine...
Thanks!
Old 01-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #9
Bobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant future

Army: C Co, 2nd Bat 75th Inf
Name: Bobo
Bobo_1's Tacoma Gallery
I have been watching for used ones for a couple of months. I have found a few but what they wanted was outrageous compared to new (like shoptrd.com). But, people bought them and paid the price! Shoptrd seems to be the lowest new.

I have to question not being able to go back. Those that were selling theirs were doing it because they sold the truck. And from a technical perspective, there should be no reason you can't reflash. The is just reprogrammable memory and no reason you can reprogram it any time. Of course, it could be that the tools and code they use to do this is limited on purpose. With my LS1 I could reflash the GM factory ECU anytime and this was a complete reflash with new code and tables.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #10
Quest0210 is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
Quest0210's Tacoma Gallery
check this out.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post4428964
Old 01-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #11
IamHimeros is on a distinguished road
IamHimeros's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest0210 View Post

he wants a supercharger for a 2nd gen 4.0L, not a 2nd gen supercharger for the first gen 3.4L Tacoma...
Old 01-25-2012, 11:34 PM   #13
Foxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Foxer's Tacoma Gallery
There's one on ebay ending in a day and a half....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRD-Supercha...item519cf9d27f
Old 01-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #14
ModernPopeye is on a distinguished road

Navy:
ModernPopeye's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, I'm bidding on it.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #15
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernPopeye View Post
Yep, I'm bidding on it.
If you're top bidder, your bid is higher than mine...
Old 01-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #16

Navy:
No, I put an initial bid on it. You're not an ebayer if you're the one that bid 3 times on it jacking the price up with over a day left.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #17
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
No, I put an initial bid on it. You're not an ebayer if you're the one that bid 3 times on it jacking the price up with over a day left.
That wasn't me... D-Bags
Old 01-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #18

Navy:
Well said

I was thinking about asking the seller after the sale to sell a few more at that lower price. Ever asked them that?
Old 01-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #19
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
Well said

I was thinking about asking the seller after the sale to sell a few more at that lower price. Ever asked them that?
No, I haven't. I looked through their past sales, and their SC kits usually go for around 3k. There is another seller on there who usually lets them go for around 2800 though. I wonder if contacting them directly would lead to a lower price...?
Old 01-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #20

Navy:
Is that WITH the fit kit? If so I'd be down with that. Has anyone ever attempted a group TRD Supercharger buy?