Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FS: Stock 16" spare with Rugged Trail BFG WITH TPMS

Old 02-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #1
Thieu is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Thieu's Tacoma Gallery
FS: Stock 16" spare with Rugged Trail BFG WITH TPMS

I recently bought a stock 17" spare wheel to put my extra 285/70/17 tire on it.

This means my stock 16" spare is up for grabs. Kicker is, the wheel I bought came w/ a TPMS sensor on it (and a brand new tire, for $50!), so this comes with the sensor installed.

The tire (265/65/16) looks like it's never seen pavement (truck has 45k miles on it).

I'm thinking $100 local pickup (Austin, TX) would do it. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks,
Matt

EDIT: Pictures! All that brown stuff is caked on dirt, not rust. I need to clean the wheel.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Aren't the TPMS sensors tied to the set? Or can you break them up individually? If I remember correctly the dealers are only selling them in sets.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
Thieu's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up a single 17" spare wheel w/ tire and TPMS and swapped it for my 16" spare. No light, which means the TPMS sensor I picked up works.

Does anyone know if these are programmable, all the same, or I got lucky?
Old 02-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
MurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Air Traffic Control
Name: I HATE SPICYTACOS
MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Aren't the TPMS sensors tied to the set? Or can you break them up individually? If I remember correctly the dealers are only selling them in sets.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
wrong

the tpms sensor needs to be read and matched to the truck. my dealer did mine for free.
found out that after a tire place destoyed one of them.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
Thieu's Tacoma Gallery
Actually this also happened to me. NTB destroyed one of mine and had to replace it.

How do you explain the fact that my new random spare wheel works with my TPMS system? I know it works because the light came on a few months ago. Just randomly correct pairing?
Old 02-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #6
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
sure luck I guess. You should go play the lottery.

Murp - Thanks for the info. on the pairing.