Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB 05+ Complete TRD Off Road rear axle

Old 02-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
WTB 05+ Complete TRD Off Road rear axle

Looking for a complete, drum to drum, TRD Off Road rear axle. Needs to be in 100% working condition w/ E-locker. Will offer $500.00.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #5
DonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: don
DonnoD's Tacoma Gallery
good luck man i've been looking around for one of these too
Old 02-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Uh... shoot a PM to member bobcat. I think he may just have an axle? Don't quote me on it though
Old 02-13-2011, 07:02 AM   #8
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Uh... shoot a PM to member bobcat. I think he may just have an axle? Don't quote me on it though
Cool will do! Where's he located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckcmdr View Post
Jordan still not budging on price??
He had a good price on it but I didnt have the money. Pretty sure he has sold the 3rd from the housing. Bummer, have the $$ now and cant find one complete.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:25 AM   #9
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Cool will do! Where's he located?
Lives up close to me here in MT.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:41 AM   #11
DonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DonnoD's Tacoma Gallery
find one yet?
Old 02-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #13

DonnoD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Found an 09 but I'm very skeptical that all the extra fancy electronic traction crap on those models will inhibit proper operation in this transplant.
hmmmm.... i wouldnt worry about all the traction crap. i would just wire in the e locker motor to a switch. how much was the one that you found if you dont mind me asking?
Old 02-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #14
East Bound and Down

I have been told by some people that the actual ABS connection to all the axles are the same and the main CPU in the truck controls all that fancy traction mess. So, it may work!

The harness I would be using is from 12voltguy.com (click here) it is plug and play basically.

The axle I found is $800.

I'm waiting on pics to compare. Also waiting on quotes for ECGS on an ARB setup.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #15
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nothing. I'm upgrading for the locker and will retrofit everything to work as if I have a DC LB TRD OFF Road. But, will be able to use the locker in 2WD/4HI/4Lo.
I have seen numerous posts on here and ttora about locker anytime on the 2nd gens. The one thing I cannot confirm is if it works on 09 and up elockers. I have seen lots of successful posts with 05-08 but not 09 and up you have any idea? I see that is what you are looking for and even found an 09 axle. Sorry to threadjack but thought you might have some good insight.

Thanks
Old 02-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #16
East Bound and Down

If it works with an 08 why not with the 09? That's my theory at least. I think all the traction control stuff is put to the axle by the cpu in the truck. From what I have been told the abs connections are the same on each axle housing no matter what year it is. I'm curious if it will throw lights on the dash with the 09 axle in my 05

I'm waiting on pictures to compare everything. Also still need to get in touch with ECGS. Not in any hurry though, this is an expensive project.

In addition, the "locker anytime" mod is completely different from what I'm doing here. I'm not modifying anything in my wiring harnesses. The 12voltguy harness I'm using plugs into the axle and power a source. The locker is controled seperately from everything.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:03 PM   #17
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
I would continue to try and find an e-locker axle. The e-locker is more reliable than the ARB in my opinion. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:09 PM   #19
East Bound and Down

I have found all ABS sensors on each corner of the truck are the same part number for 2005 through 2009. Part number 89542‑04020. This may work! Hoping I dont see anything else out of the ordinary on the 09 axle that my 05 does not have.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #20
Reppin UWYO
A7XT will become famous soon enoughA7XT will become famous soon enough

Name: Kyle
A7XT's Tacoma Gallery
If you can make it work please post a write-up man that would be awesome! I dont know the electronic workings but it seems like you could just let the CPU monitor everything to do with the axle except the elocker motor, which you could somehow just wire to a switch...