Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

RTOffroad bed rack / light bar

Old 03-06-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
RTOffroad bed rack / light bar

Hey all. I have redesigned my bed rack. It follows the cab lines and sits at roof level. It will have a light bar up top as an option. There will also be a paired set option for those wanting a full rack. It bolts to the bed rail system using 3 1/2" bolts on each side. The weight is transferred to the bed sides. The tubing is all 2x3, .120 wall rectangle tube. Let me know what y'all think. I will have more images later this week.

UPDATE 3/8/2011

Light bar installed and capped ends. The corners on the light bar tabs will be ground off at an angle for those who are wondering.

I will get some better pictures on thursday in the light.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:16 AM   #2
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Ttt
Old 03-07-2011, 06:32 AM   #3
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. I'm going to make myself one this summer when I get back home from school. Got the plans all drawn up and material list down.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
like the idea, gonna subscribe to see how this goes
Old 03-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #5

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Just to answer some already brewing questions, yes the ends will be fully capped.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #6

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for updated first post with more pics!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #7
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I think two vertical bars would look good. Looks good as is though.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #8

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Explain this please. It's always customizable. but I'm also trying to keep the weight down a bit.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:16 PM   #9
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Edit: Image shack sucks:

I was thinking something like this. More of a headache rack I guess. I think it rounds out the look personally but as your product, certainly go with what you feel.

Also it's much more work but a thought might be to notch your tube at the top and plate it so that the third brake light is visible. Again, just a thought.

-Max
Old 03-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #10

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Edit: Image shack sucks:

I was thinking something like this. More of a headache rack I guess. I think it rounds out the look personally but as your product, certainly go with what you feel.

Also it's much more work but a thought might be to notch your tube at the top and plate it so that the third brake light is visible. Again, just a thought.

-Max
I was actually thinking about notching and plating for the brake light but one of the main purposes of this would be to be able to run a roof top tent if I wanted to. So I want it to support as much weight as possible.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #11

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
bumpo
Old 03-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #12

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 03-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #13
I like ze best!
Rhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rhino8541's Tacoma Gallery
Finished?
Old 03-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #14

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery

Sure is!! I'll get some better pics soon!
Old 03-26-2011, 02:26 PM   #15
I like ze best!
Rhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sweet, I wonder if you made two, if you could make it work like non-adjustable a thule xsporter rack?
Old 03-26-2011, 02:30 PM   #16

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
I dont see why not.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:35 PM   #18

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Please excuse the messy wiring. Lol

Old 03-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #19
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
holy freaking lights!

looking good btw!

did you ever think about making the top bar be able to fold back? or put a rack around the lights. like the demello prototype?
Old 03-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #20
I like ze best!

How much, how much?? haha but seriously, I'm interested.