Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Pre-Made Satoshi Grille Piece

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a quick & simple way to do the Satoshi Grille Mod?
YES!!! 251 63.71%
No, thank you. 12 3.05%
Depends on how much $$$ and what it looks like! 151 38.32%
WTF is a Satoshi Mod? 8 2.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Question Pre-Made Satoshi Grille Piece

ORIGINAL POST EDITS IN RED:
Would you be interested in converting your stock grille to a satoshi???
Don't want to bother with epoxy, bondo, or sandpaper & spray paint to do this:

I have looked into the possibility of manufacturing a pre-built inner grille that would replace the stock one and have the satoshi surround already done.
This will be a vacuum formed molded piece that will be a direct replacement of your stock center inner grille.
I have a connection to a local manufacturing plant and they have agreed to create this satoshi insert.
I'll only do this if I can offer them for $100 or less...and I now know that the final pricing for the insert itself will be no more that $95
(several details still need to be worked out with materials, but I'm confident in making this statement)

I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a base model grill which is now on my truck:

As KPT so wisely figured out on his own, I am using my own Satoshi Grill as the Prototype for the build:

As you can see this insert WILL NOT have the Stock triangles built in. IF this is a game-changer for you then read no further.

I will separate the two sections tomorrow and deliver the Prototype to the manufacturer on Tuesday 3/22/11

MY TRUCK CURRENTLY LOOKS LIKE SH*T!!!

****ADDITIONAL INFORMATION****
1. I am Planning on offering Mesh to complete the grilles. 3-4 different styles based on what I can get from a local supplier.(meeting on 3/21) Looking at pricing for this Mesh at around $30-$40 to complete the insert (based on my own build experience)

2. I am planning on offering ON A LIMITED BASIS reduced depth inserts form those with lighting or URD TCAI fitment issues. (upcharge due to labor involved) $ ***TBD

I will begin a new Thread Titled " Satoshi Insert Group Buy". The first production run will be for 50 inserts.

4. Actual Manufacturing process will take 7-14 days once the mold is created from the prototype and final sample of end product is approved and installed by me.

Guys & Gals, I'm really going out on a limb here to make this happen and plan on investing several thousand dollars in bringing this to a reality.
I am basing this off of the fact that in one week over 200 TW members showed interest in this concept and have been very supportive.
I will not be asking for ANY $ up front. (Thanks, but don't offer)

End Result: A Satoshi Mod that can be done with your own grill in just an hour or so for a great price!

Thank you!

Link to GB: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...ml#post2896668
Old 03-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
Fitz
kjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
im game its either that or i will be asking u to help me so i dont f my grill up
Old 03-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #4
mayday671 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ralph
mayday671's Tacoma Gallery
Let me know hommie!!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
id do it for sure!!!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
also depends on the mesh used, ie hole size, colors, etc.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Would be interested provided it can work with my grillecraft.

I do not have patience to do the satoshi mod myself.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #8
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Im down!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #10
Taco Madre
ronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ronny
ronny97's Tacoma Gallery
An enthusiastic Hells Ya!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
you are correct sir.
looking to make it so that it could accommodate a few different types of mesh...
that's cool. i have a metalmiller emblem that i'd like to keep

but i do want to get rid of the grey inner grille w/o simply painting it.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #12
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Im sure alot of people would be down for it!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #13
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
i think this is a pretty good idea, might be interested depending on price/ looks
Old 03-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #14
Fitz
kjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
craig i love u right now haha
Old 03-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #16
toyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Grunt
Name: Eric
toyohtadude's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed! I'm curious and want to see what the end result is first. Sounds like a great deal if it works out. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #17
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I might be down
Old 03-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #18
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Are you able to offer factory color? or is painting going to be required?
Old 03-11-2011, 09:52 PM   #19
yotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotaman3130 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: RN
Name: Ryan
yotaman3130's Tacoma Gallery
cool man, ive already done the satoshi but interested in seeing what you get!