Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

JBL Subwoofer enclosure / amp / head unit

Old 03-14-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
ILikeTacosToo is on a distinguished road

Navy: SLJO
Name: Kyle
ILikeTacosToo's Tacoma Gallery
JBL Subwoofer enclosure / amp / head unit

Hey guys... i just replaced my entire JBL stereo with an alpine HU, polk audio speakers/subs, and image dynamic amp. If anyone wants the stock JBL amp, HU or subwoofer enclosure (no speakers, i destroyed those POS's) let me know... the HU is the 6 disk changer (NOT MP3!) out of an 08 Double Cab. the amp still works perfectly (if you consider the JBL system to be perfect, i believe it is far from it) and the subwoofer enclosure is actually pretty good quality. i tried the enclosure with one of my Polk Audio MM840 subs and it actually worked well. not too much flex and it held the air without any leaks or whistling. I had to fabricate a small MDF ring to fit my speaker in it and change out the garbage factory wiring with some stinger 16 gauge and cut out a few of the little plastic ribs in the back to make the speaker fit but other than that it is still air tight and works great.

Keep on keepin on!

Oh yeah, i have no idea what any of this is worth, so we will go with a non-standard pricing convention... (+ you have to pay for the shipping)

Sub enclosure - 15 strawberry, cherry or watermelon flavored laffy taffy's (the real ones, not the fun size... you cheap SOB's). Make it 50 laffy taffy's and i'll throw in the cargo cover thing that goes over the sub for a cleaner look.

JBL stock Amp - 1/2 the cost of a bottle of Johnnie Walker Double Black (about 50 bucks a bottle so 25 should just about do it)

JBL 6 disk Head Unit - 5 little ceasars pizzas, a box of 8 drumsticks (the variety pack with chocolate, caramel and vanilla) and a 6 pack of beers.

Peace out.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
What size is the sub anyway? Have wondered in case I want to upgrade mine. Not sure what would work best or if I would need to upgrade the amp too, just have been thinking ahead in case it doesn't last.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #3

Chris, I'll take pics tomorrow and post them when it's light out... Mike, the sub is an 8 inch sub and i haven't measured the volume of the enclosure but if that is something people are interested in i can fill it with water or packing peanuts and see how big it is.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #4

here are the pics... you guys are too cool to make you wait till tomorrow...

Old 03-15-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
dirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to behold
dirtfondler's Tacoma Gallery
What is shipping going to cost me on that sub enclosure to San Jose, 95123? Also, I havent bought laffy taffy's since I was about 6 so I dont know what the conversion rate is but I am sure we can work that out.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #6
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Your prices confuse me LOL

You want cash or candy?
Old 03-15-2011, 11:00 AM   #8

Hey Sloth, the HU does NOT have an AUX in... and it doesn't play MP3's so you are stuck with a standard 6 disk CD changer.

JRDBRN, I want Candy but if you send me cash i know a guy who can launder it and convert it to candy... he works at the 7 - 11 down the street from me.

Fondler, if you go to USPS.com you can get an estimation for shipping. box would be about 24" X 18" X 8" and weigh less than 20lbs. I live in Pace FL so use 32571 for my Zip.

Hope this helps. Take it easy.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #9
redezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant future

Name: Charles
redezman's Tacoma Gallery
WOW

a 7/11
havent seen one of them since i left calif. in early 80s
lol
Old 03-16-2011, 05:52 AM   #10
They are more like guide lines.
sloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nice

sloppyjoe's Tacoma Gallery
SO the total price in real money is ?? I would not mind having the factory sub box and amp. Do you know if it works with the standard CD player in an 08? If not I need the price on the radion and the other stuff too. Thanks!
Old 03-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #11
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Kyle, another question since you pulled the sub out. Is the sub box sealed or ported? I cant see any ports from the pic and am guessing it is sealed. TIA.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #12
Resident Redneck
WhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
WhiskeyDeltaTango's Tacoma Gallery
pm'd
Old 06-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #13
yotatoy is on a distinguished road
yotatoy's Tacoma Gallery
is the box still for sale?