Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FS: New OEM Cruise Control

Old 03-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
FS: New OEM Cruise Control

SOLD
Attached Thumbnails
FS: New OEM Cruise Control-download-small-.jpg  
Old 03-20-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
It does not have the wire for the clutch.

This is all that is needed for an automatic.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:12 AM   #5
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
I don't even think has EVER been cruise control for a standard vehicle.
apparently there has haha cuz it works with our trucks, just need the clutch switch.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:16 AM   #6
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
apparently there has haha cuz it works with our trucks, just need the clutch switch.
now that's just WEIRD!!!! and I stand corrected.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:17 AM   #7
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
now that's just WEIRD!!!! and I stand corrected.
i needa get my clutch switch haha mines sittin waitin
Old 03-21-2011, 12:35 AM   #10
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol, still can't see how it's possible to cruise control a stick shift.
the clutch switch bro. so youre cruisin along... in the right gear wanna put CC on. put it on and it works. but whats the difference of an auto? then when you wanna take CC off it gets override from the brakes, but on a stick it gets it from the brakes annnnd the clutch. you put the clutch in and it disengages cruise. simple as that
Old 03-21-2011, 06:24 AM   #11

jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
I am flexible. Trades are welcome, though only for a pair of fog lights with the switch.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #12

jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Daily bump
Old 03-22-2011, 10:04 AM   #13
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
I have an OEM cruise control for sale. Would like $90 shipped OBO. Toyota wants $130 I believe.

I installed one in my truck Friday. The only issue I had was removing the airbag ground wire from the old connector and putting it in the new connector that comes with the control stick.

Took the pic with the first Droid. Crappy. CC still has plastic on it.
Do you have toyota part number so I can make sure this will fit my truck? Thanks
Old 03-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #14
hoyagolfer is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
hoyagolfer's Tacoma Gallery
Have fun trying to find the clutch switch. Toyota has quit selling aftermarket parts for cruise controls.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #15

jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
Do you have toyota part number so I can make sure this will fit my truck? Thanks
I'll get it when I go home for lunch in 45 minutes.

I have an 09 like your truck and mine worked fine. Like I said, I had to take out the ground wire from the old connector and plug it into the new connector.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #17

jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
Can anyone else confirm this is all you need? Would this work on the base model?
Do you have an automatic?

I've attached a photo of what I did. I guess you can call it "moding" the connector. I would not cut the wire. I took a plier and basically took apart the plastic connector to get out the wire. It then slid into the new connector and snapped in place.

Just disclaiming what I did. Don't want to be liable if you blow up your airbag by not properly putting the ground wire back :-)
Attached Thumbnails
FS: New OEM Cruise Control-cc.jpg  
Old 03-22-2011, 10:36 AM   #18

jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
I'd also trade for a used Scangauge II
Old 03-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #19

jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
84632-34011

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

The stick is $75. The wire is $25.

I'll sell both for $82 shipped.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:51 AM   #20

jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Daily bump.