Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB: Rear axle shaft or whole rear axle

Old 03-28-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
LBCtaco is on a distinguished road
Navy: CSCS Det West San Diego
LBCtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to LBCtaco
WTB: Rear axle shaft or whole rear axle

WTB: the passanger rear axle shaft (or whole shaft with bearing, drums etc) Or i will buy the whole axle if priced right.

I just got into a reck on the freeway and bent two wheels, one leaf pack on the passanger side. From looking at everything that is all I saw that was wrong. So I bought new rims and tires, and a pair of leaf packs. I installed the leaf packs, wheels and tires and drove the truck to the get an alignment. So the front was way out of specs but they were able to get it back into specs (alignment was near perfect). But here is the problem when i drove out of the shop I notice my rear passanger wheel is wobbling and when i let off the gas it slows down really fast. I took it to a shop and they said "I WOULD" buy a whole rear axle from a salvage yard which is $1200. I figured I could just replace the axle shaft, bearing and seals for less.

If anyone can help me with this problem I would appreciate it.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
LBCtaco's Tacoma Gallery
So i found a rear passanger axle shaft from LSD to drum. Is $300 a good price?
Old 03-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
sparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nice

Name: Sparky
sparkystaco's Tacoma Gallery
300.00 for 1 shaft sounds high?
I would have a 4 wheel alignment done to make sure the housing is not bent, cause if you did all that damage I'll bet the housing is bent. I just went thru this after I was forced off the road and clipped a pole with my pass. tire, didn't bend the axle but the housing was out 1.87 degrees on the alignment
Old 03-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I just replaced my axle shaft for wheel wobble. Cost me $170 from the wreckers. The drums on that side were fucked aswell so i replaced the whole assembly together (axle, backing plate, drums)
Old 03-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
LBCtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkystaco View Post
300.00 for 1 shaft sounds high?
I would have a 4 wheel alignment done to make sure the housing is not bent, cause if you did all that damage I'll bet the housing is bent. I just went thru this after I was forced off the road and clipped a pole with my pass. tire, didn't bend the axle but the housing was out 1.87 degrees on the alignment
I am pretty sure the housing isn't bent. If the housing was bent the wheel would not wobble it would create a noise similar to a bad wheel bearing. And as i said in my first post alignment was perfect. Except for the wheel wobble.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #6
LBCtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the trucks info: 2008 Prerunner TRD sport #2
Old 03-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #7
sparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nice

Name: Sparky
sparkystaco's Tacoma Gallery
did you get a 4wh alignment?
I ask cause when I got everything back to where it was supposed to be the truck drove fine, no squeaks, rattles or noises, would not have even known housing was bent if not for the 4wh alignment
Old 03-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #8
LBCtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkystaco View Post
did you get a 4wh alignment?
I ask cause when I got everything back to where it was supposed to be the truck drove fine, no squeaks, rattles or noises, would not have even known housing was bent if not for the 4wh alignment
Yes they had sensors on all 4 wheels.