Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Feeler: OEM Backup Camera & HU Adapter Harness

Old 03-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
Jerry Bear has a spectacular aura aboutJerry Bear has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jerry
Jerry Bear's Tacoma Gallery
Feeler: OEM Backup Camera & HU Adapter Harness

I've been offered some Toyota Tacoma OEM backup cameras for a good price. I need to see if there is enough buyer interest for me to buy them.

They are brand new genuine Toyota OEM, part number 86790-04010. They fit into the tailgate handle of all 2009 - 2011 US/Canada Tacomas, as well as some 2008 Tacomas.

I could sell the cameras for $199.95 each including shipping and handling to the US or Canada, with a 30-day money-back guarantee. MSRP is $793.23.

Be aware that the camera takes a 6 Volt power supply, not normal 12 Volts from the truck. The 6 Volt supply is normally provided by the OEM interior rear view mirror. I understand that some Gentex rear-view mirrors will also supply 6 Volts to the camera. So, if you want to use this camera with a different display, you need to have a source of 6 Volts.

If you have a head unit that can display backup camera video, I could sell the camera along with an adapter harness for $249.95 including shipping and handling to anywhere in the US or Canada, with a 30-day money-back guarantee.

The adapter harness would only work with 2009 - 2011 Tacomas (and some 2008) and would have everything that you need to connect the camera to your HU, including a 6 Volt power supply. The harness would install under the dash. The wiring from the back of the truck to under the dash is already installed by Toyota.

I realize that I haven't been on Tacoma World for very long, so you might be wary of sending that much money to me. For your protection, payment would only be through PayPal or your Visa/MasterCard/Discover card. If something went wrong with the transaction, PayPal or your card issuing bank would refund your money.

If you would be interested in a camera or a camera/harness kit, please reply. I'm not asking for a firm commitment right now, just an expression of interest.

Thanks.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
one just sold on ebay for $10!!
Old 03-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRYLONATOR View Post
one just sold on ebay for $10!!
That one was used, from a seller with bad feedback. Even some of his positive feedback is negative:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=ciscosshop&ftab =FeedbackAsSeller

The cameras that I have been offered are new with a guarantee and here's my eBay feedback:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...edbackAsSeller

I wonder about that seller. About all he sells are 2nd Gen tailgates. He's sold twelve 2nd Gen tailgates in six months. All that I can still view were used. Maybe he installs some kind of topper shell that doesn't need the tailgate. I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it makes me wonder...
Old 03-30-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Trust me when I say that my comment meant NO reflection of you! I am sure you are a great seller.....I was just commenting on the product which again has nothing to do with you as well. I am sure you would either want to make a couple of bucks on each sale or even offer them at cost to help fellow members out. I was just shedding some light to help you from shelling out money for something that you might not make back. If you go ahead with it....Good luck!!
Old 03-30-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
2K6 Taco will become famous soon enough

2K6 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I am running my OEM camera off a 12v power. The power comes from the reverse + so it only gets power when my truck is in reverse. Just some info for u to sell. I been using it like this for about 6 months now and its still great.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:04 PM   #6
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
My 2008 has a factory dimming mirror, but no BU camera. I assume the dimming mirror with the screen in it is different ?

I have the stock head unit as well so if so I guess I couldn't use this.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRYLONATOR View Post
Trust me when I say that my comment meant NO reflection of you! I am sure you are a great seller.....I was just commenting on the product which again has nothing to do with you as well. I am sure you would either want to make a couple of bucks on each sale or even offer them at cost to help fellow members out. I was just shedding some light to help you from shelling out money for something that you might not make back. If you go ahead with it....Good luck!!
Thank you, Brylonator. No offense taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anethema View Post
My 2008 has a factory dimming mirror, but no BU camera. I assume the dimming mirror with the screen in it is different ?

I have the stock head unit as well so if so I guess I couldn't use this.
You are correct, Anethema.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
Can you still get these? I want one
Thanks, Jordan. You can buy one here:

http://www.bandacomputer.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sfid=102895&i=72345016
Old 04-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #11
Quote:
So when you say it has to be 6 volts, what needs to be done to my 2011 thats already wired for one?
You need the OEM display mirror or a Gentex display mirror to supply the 6 VDC. If you are going to use the display on a head unit, you need a 12 VDC to 6 VDC converter.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:00 PM   #12
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bear View Post
You need the OEM display mirror or a Gentex display mirror to supply the 6 VDC. If you are going to use the display on a head unit, you need a 12 VDC to 6 VDC converter.
got ya
Old 04-25-2011, 07:21 PM   #13
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
12v works fine with the oem camera
Old 04-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #14
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
12v works fine with the oem camera
ya I seen your post saying you just did one. Pics yet?
Old 04-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #15
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ya I seen your post saying you just did one. Pics yet?
suuuuure did

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...lots-pics.html
Old 04-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #16
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
I sold a backup camera here on Tacomaworld for $250 (was asking $300). I also had assholes telling me I was asking too much for it but I just ignored them. These are extremely expensive from Toyota. They are awesome to have on our trucks and definitely worth the $200 your selling them for!!

Would be great if you could also get the OEM mirror with display!!

Cheers.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
I sold a backup camera here on Tacomaworld for $250 (was asking $300). I also had assholes telling me I was asking too much for it but I just ignored them. These are extremely expensive from Toyota. They are awesome to have on our trucks and definitely worth the $200 your selling them for!!

Would be great if you could also get the OEM mirror with display!!

Cheers.
Ya thats what Im thinking. Its a bit of money, but theres no damn way in hell Im having a truck thats ALLLLLL wired up and ready to plug a camera in and not get it lol