Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB: A hard cover for my bed... Plastic or Fiberglass. What to go with???

Old 04-19-2011, 07:54 AM   #1
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
WTB: A hard cover for my bed... Plastic or Fiberglass. What to go with???

Im looking to get a hard cover for my bed in the near future. I always thought the plastic ones were going to be cheaper then the fiberglass. Im finding it to be the opposite.

I would prefer the plastic type for ease of taking it on / off and not worrying about scratches over the fiberglass painted type. But either or would be fine depending on price.

Anyone know of a good brand or retailer???

Edit: I've looked around and most places are asking around $700 for the short bed... You can damn near get one for an 8 foot bed for the same price.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:10 AM   #2
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 04-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
Hi-Tech Rednek

bump....
Old 04-19-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Have you checked here? There are lots of reviews and opinions on tonneaus all over the site. Best of luck in your search.

Frank
Old 04-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #5
Hi-Tech Rednek

Old 04-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #6
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Undercover which is the hard plastic. It was great, I would def. buy again. It only takes one person about 5 min to take it off which was nice. The plastic was extremely strong and you could even walk on it I ended up getting a cap so I could keep my dogs out of the truck. To bad you have a short bed as i'm selling my undercover for $300. GL
Old 04-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #7
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Funny.. I went with the Extang hard fold. I like it. I had a fiberglass on my Mazda. Of the 2 the Extang is by far the winner.

Frank
Old 04-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #8
Hi-Tech Rednek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
I had a Undercover which is the hard plastic. It was great, I would def. buy again. It only takes one person about 5 min to take it off which was nice. The plastic was extremely strong and you could even walk on it I ended up getting a cap so I could keep my dogs out of the truck. To bad you have a short bed as i'm selling my undercover for $300. GL
Thanks Neil!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #9
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
I got the trifecta tonneau soft fold. it's great, i do a lot of carpentry so i need the bed, but i'm also on the highway a bunch, so it's nice to get that little extra mileage on long trips. It also wasn't that expensive. Sorry, don't know if that's the best picture of it...