1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got screwed on a TW sale

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by Tacoma206, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 18, 2011 at 10:10 AM
    Tacoma206

Tacoma206 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2010 Super White 4WD
    So I bought a set of new doug thorley headers for 2.7L from Conjure a while ago and when it arrived I set it aside until I was going to install it. I was going to install it today, but when I opened the box the other week to prepare for the install today, I find there is a part missing. There are a total of four pieces, the header itself, the bolts, the nuts, and the air injection adapter assembly. The air injection adapter assembly is missing. I have sent Conjure a pm over the past week when I realized it was gone and sent him emails to his private email account which I know because I paid via paypal and have gotten no response at all.

Here is the thread from which I bought the headers:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...-fs-brand-new-4-cyl-doug-thorley-headers.html

Here is the piece that I am missing (the air injection adapter assembly)

[​IMG]

I'm not quite sure what to do. I have tried calling URD and Doug Thorley headers to order the piece separate but URD doesn't sell it and Doug Thorley wont answer their phones, emails, or voicemails. I'm thinking I will try a local muffler and headers shop here in Seattle as I can't really use this without this piece. I know Conjure's full name from the paypal and could potentially look him up on the whitepages but that seems kinda over the top.

Suggestions?

2. Jun 18, 2011 at 10:14 AM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    get his phone number and give him a call.

3. Jun 18, 2011 at 10:15 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Contact paypal, clearly he has the part and somehow left it out of the box. If paypal can contact him maybe you will get some results. Continue to attempt to contact DT. Good luck.

4. Jun 18, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
  5. Jun 18, 2011 at 10:44 AM
    Tacoma206

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2010 Super White 4WD
    Just called paypal. They sent him an email and called his home phone number. He didn't answer and said they will try again later. I'm hoping he is just on vacation or out of town. I did a whitepages search for him and found his info, so if worst comes to worst I can use that I guess.

Here is the other question:

Where can I get this part? Any suggestions on what to do with that? I have tried all week to get a hold of Doug Thorley with no luck. Anybody got any suggestions?

6. Jun 18, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    None of this information below worked?

Toll Free: (800) 347-8664
    General Info: (951) 739-5900

(951) 371-1623

Email: info@dougthorleyheaders.com

7. Jun 18, 2011 at 1:00 PM
    runyun

runyun Well-Known Member

Member:
    Irving/N. Grand Prairie
    Vehicle:
    02 Silver TRD DC
    I bet any muffler/performance shop can fab that up cheap
    Just 2 flanges and a piece of round piping (just wouldn't be nice and shiney)

Hope the seller just forgot to pack it up!

8. Jun 18, 2011 at 1:46 PM
    Tacoma206

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2010 Super White 4WD
    Nope. I have called probably ten times using the 8664 number and tried the number from the URD sales guy he has for DT and none of it works. Try it yourself, it all goes to voicemail and there is no operator. The guy from URD said they are understaffed and that is why they are impossible to reach. I'll keep trying but we will see what happens.

You think a shop might be able to fabricate the piece?

9. Jun 18, 2011 at 2:27 PM
    Tacoma206

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2010 Super White 4WD
    Ok, this is the most ridiculous thing of all time. I was just talking to my dad about places here in Seattle to get this part manufactured and it turns out that he had the missing piece. Apparently he looked through the box and took it out and forgot to put it back in when it came to the house from the shipping co. and then placed it on his workbench rather than back in the box. So I wasn't actually the first person to go through the box, my dad actually was. Good thing I talked to him.

So I owe an apology to Conjure for assuming he didn't send it (i'm guessing he actually is on vacation because I have tried to contact him and he hasn't responded, thus causing my mini panic).

Thanks to everyone else for reading and for those of you who posted up suggestions, my bad this was all for nothing. I feel like an idiot but am getting a pretty good laugh out of it now. I guess I am just glad I actually have the part.

To the mods: Please close this thread as it is now irrelevant.

10. Jun 18, 2011 at 2:34 PM
    awsumdc

awsumdc Well-Known Member

Member:
    O.C. Cali
    Vehicle:
    SASED '05 Taco
    SAS, crawler box, 14" coilover shocks, 39.5 tires,dual batteries, and a bunch of other stuff
    Lol. I hate when that happens. Lol

11. Jun 18, 2011 at 2:42 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Glad that it came out ok and that you have your piece and what not!! Good luck with the install...=)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top