Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Got screwed on a TW sale

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Tacoma206's Tacoma Gallery
Got screwed on a TW sale

So I bought a set of new doug thorley headers for 2.7L from Conjure a while ago and when it arrived I set it aside until I was going to install it. I was going to install it today, but when I opened the box the other week to prepare for the install today, I find there is a part missing. There are a total of four pieces, the header itself, the bolts, the nuts, and the air injection adapter assembly. The air injection adapter assembly is missing. I have sent Conjure a pm over the past week when I realized it was gone and sent him emails to his private email account which I know because I paid via paypal and have gotten no response at all.

Here is the thread from which I bought the headers:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...y-headers.html

Here is the piece that I am missing (the air injection adapter assembly)

I'm not quite sure what to do. I have tried calling URD and Doug Thorley headers to order the piece separate but URD doesn't sell it and Doug Thorley wont answer their phones, emails, or voicemails. I'm thinking I will try a local muffler and headers shop here in Seattle as I can't really use this without this piece. I know Conjure's full name from the paypal and could potentially look him up on the whitepages but that seems kinda over the top.

Suggestions?

Old 06-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
get his phone number and give him a call.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Just called paypal. They sent him an email and called his home phone number. He didn't answer and said they will try again later. I'm hoping he is just on vacation or out of town. I did a whitepages search for him and found his info, so if worst comes to worst I can use that I guess.

Here is the other question:

Where can I get this part? Any suggestions on what to do with that? I have tried all week to get a hold of Doug Thorley with no luck. Anybody got any suggestions?

Old 06-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #7
runyun is on a distinguished road
runyun's Tacoma Gallery
I bet any muffler/performance shop can fab that up cheap
Just 2 flanges and a piece of round piping (just wouldn't be nice and shiney)

Hope the seller just forgot to pack it up!

Old 06-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
None of this information below worked?

Toll Free: (800) 347-8664
General Info: (951) 739-5900

(951) 371-1623

Email: info@dougthorleyheaders.com
Nope. I have called probably ten times using the 8664 number and tried the number from the URD sales guy he has for DT and none of it works. Try it yourself, it all goes to voicemail and there is no operator. The guy from URD said they are understaffed and that is why they are impossible to reach. I'll keep trying but we will see what happens.

You think a shop might be able to fabricate the piece?

Old 06-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #9

Ok, this is the most ridiculous thing of all time. I was just talking to my dad about places here in Seattle to get this part manufactured and it turns out that he had the missing piece. Apparently he looked through the box and took it out and forgot to put it back in when it came to the house from the shipping co. and then placed it on his workbench rather than back in the box. So I wasn't actually the first person to go through the box, my dad actually was. Good thing I talked to him.

So I owe an apology to Conjure for assuming he didn't send it (i'm guessing he actually is on vacation because I have tried to contact him and he hasn't responded, thus causing my mini panic).

Thanks to everyone else for reading and for those of you who posted up suggestions, my bad this was all for nothing. I feel like an idiot but am getting a pretty good laugh out of it now. I guess I am just glad I actually have the part.

To the mods: Please close this thread as it is now irrelevant.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:34 PM   #10
awsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Lol. I hate when that happens. Lol

Closed Thread