Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Dual JL Audio 8's & Enclosure

Old 06-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
Motorboatin' SOB
Redhed will become famous soon enoughRedhed will become famous soon enough

Name: Paul
Redhed's Tacoma Gallery
Dual JL Audio 8's & Enclosure

SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!! Please remove posting.

Yes, it's still available. So, this box has been listed for a little while now, with lots of interest but no buyers. I really didn't want to have to resort to tackey sell tactics but I really would like to sell this soon. So here goes nothing.
Gentlemen, (or gentleladies), Now is your chance to seize the deal of a lifetime! Yes you, I'm talking to you! What would you say if I told you this sub box setup used to belong to someone famous? Who you might ask? Well, we all know that Tacoma's are the tuffest, most bada@@iest "compact" trucks to ever inhabit the earth! And who better to drive such a beast of a truck than the baddest, most kickass-iest lawman of all time? Yes, of course I'm talking about the one and only Walker, Texas Ranger. Aka "Charles Norris", aka "Chuck Norris", aka "The Allmighty", you know who I'm talking about! They say when Chuck does a pushup, he 's actually pushing the Earth down. And that the opening scenes of Saving Private Ryan when they're storming the beach, are loosley based on a game of dodgeball Chuck Norris played in gradeschool. Yeah, what if I told you this setup belonged to the Chuck! He rolled all around Texas busting bad dudes and cranking the tunes. You now have the chance to own a part of Walker memoriablia personally used by Chuck, by purchasing this, from me. How, you may be asking yourself, did I ever get my hands on something from THE Walker Texas Ranger? Well, the answer is, he's my father. My mom couldn't resist his ginger swagger. Anyway, this is a nice box, surely someone is in need of upgrading their system. This is a great start. Chuck Norris Aproved! Come on guys................... Let the bidding wars begin!!!!!

P.S. Before all of you go correcting me by saying, But Paul, everybody knows Walker Texas Ranger drove a Ram in the series, not a Tacoma!! Well, he only drove a Ram because that's who was sponsering the series. Once the director yelled cut for the day, what do you think old Chucky drove back to his trailer? You're damn right, he drove a Tacoma!

Still Available. Price Drop. Time to sell my dual 8" sub box with JL subs installed. This is a professionally built and carpeted enclosure that I bought off of a fellow TW member about a year ago. There's nothing wrong with them and the enclosure fits 2005-2009, doublecab Tacoma's behind the rear passenger seat. This is a sealed enclosure that fits nice and tight, no bouncing around behind the seat. The bass is tight and punchy, and the box was built specifically for these subs. Asking $150.00 for the box with the two JL subs installed. I'm not against shipping (on buyers dime) but would perfer local Oklahoma City area pickup. I am willing to ship or drive a bit for the sale. If you've been considering a stereo upgrade and are looking for a little bump on the cheap, this is the way to go. If you're local, I'll even help you with the install. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

Here's a photo installed, more photos on page 2.

EDIT: Many have asked so I figured I'd add, I was running an Alpine Vpower Digital mono amp, pushing about 450w RMS to these. Yes they definetly still have life in them, but no I'm sorry I do not know what model sub they are. As far as I know, since I bought them off another member about a year ago, they're about 2-1/2 years young, and still bumpin' The box is a custom built, sealed enclosure, made of high quality MDO or MDF (unsure) NOT cheap plywood. As TexasIslandBoy (post #14) can attest, the original owner paid way more than 150.00 for this setup before I bought it off of him for 250.00 a year ago and it is a very well built enclosure. I'm asking $150.00 plus shipping, which seems to be averaging about $40.00 bucks. It will weight 35 pounds all boxed up and it's shipping from 73013 but I can still look up the shipping charges for you if you give me your zip code. Thanks for looking.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
Its these kinda items that make me wish I would've gotten a DC. Killer price GLWS
Old 08-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #7
Motorboatin' SOB

Redhed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005Techoma View Post
Shipping to 23452 business?
I need to weight it tonight but I'll definetly let you know. I can ship out of my work with just about any company. I'll PM you.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #8
Motorboatin' SOB

Redhed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobox View Post
Its these kinda items that make me wish I would've gotten a DC. Killer price GLWS
Thanks.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #9
bulldog273 is on a distinguished road
bulldog273's Tacoma Gallery
Shipping to 64153?
Old 08-19-2011, 08:19 AM   #10
Motorboatin' SOB

Redhed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhed View Post
I need to weight it tonight but I'll definetly let you know. I can ship out of my work with just about any company. I'll PM you.
Ill Pm you as well. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:20 AM   #11
Motorboatin' SOB

Redhed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog273 View Post
Shipping to 64153?

^^^ Sorry, I meant to attach your message above. I'll PM you tonight.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:49 AM   #12
Taco Luvr
emanb115 is on a distinguished road

emanb115's Tacoma Gallery
if no takers could you also send me a shipping quote to 92802; thanks
Old 08-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #13
Motorboatin' SOB

Redhed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanb115 View Post
if no takers could you also send me a shipping quote to 92802; thanks
No problem. It's fairly heavy, I want to say around 40, 50 pounds but I'm not positive. I will check for sure tonight and PM you as well. Thanks for the interest.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #14
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
this was my buddies system I went with him to get it and I know he paid alot me than 150$ i think it was like 4x that this is a good deal and the box was build really well!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #15
Sconnie
mudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
mudthedoor's Tacoma Gallery
Im very interested! could you get shipping estimate to 54213?
Old 08-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #16
bulldog273 is on a distinguished road
bulldog273's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good, thanks.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #17
Motorboatin' SOB

Redhed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasIslandBoy View Post
this was my buddies system I went with him to get it and I know he paid alot me than 150$ i think it was like 4x that this is a good deal and the box was build really well!
Thanks buddy. This was originally thekidcatcher's box. It has served me well but I just bought a different sub and enclosure so it's time to let it go.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #18
Motorboatin' SOB

Redhed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudthedoor View Post
Im very interested! could you get shipping estimate to 54213?
Will do. Thanks for your interest.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #19
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhed View Post
Thanks buddy. This was originally thekidcatcher's box. It has served me well but I just bought a different sub and enclosure so it's time to let it go.
yep it sounded very nice and was never played hard
Old 08-19-2011, 03:47 PM   #20
Motorboatin' SOB

Redhed's Tacoma Gallery
PM's sent ,shipping info

Just PM'ed everyone. If 2005Techoma doesn't want it, bulldog273 is next, then emanb115, then mudthedoor. Thanks for all the interest guys. I can box it up and ship Monday at the earliest, all shipping prices were UPS ground. I can tell whoever buys how long before they receive but I think it looked like it should get to all of you before friday next week, as long as I ship on Monday. Please PM me with any other questions, or e-mail me direct at getav82@yahoo.com

Thanks guys, I hope one of you pull the trigger. Ill be happy knowing that it will live on in a fellow TW's ride.