Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

wtb- stock headlights in great condition

Old 07-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
erklep is a name known to allerklep is a name known to allerklep is a name known to allerklep is a name known to allerklep is a name known to allerklep is a name known to all
erklep's Tacoma Gallery
wtb- stock headlights in great condition

story goes, i purchased a set of blacked out headlights and installed them for a few weeks. everything was good so i sold my oems just the other day. well we had some bad rains this past week and the headlights are now taking on water. so id like to grab a set of oem lights in good-great condition so i can do the bhlm to them and trash these leaky ones (or possibly just swap out the bezels).
Old 07-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAnts View Post
why dont u take them apart, clean it up and seal it properly?
What he said
Old 07-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
erklep is a name known to allerklep is a name known to allerklep is a name known to allerklep is a name known to allerklep is a name known to allerklep is a name known to all
erklep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
already done. before i even installed the ebay lights, i ran silicone around the edges and they still leaked. today i opened them to reseal properly with butyl tape and the chrome on the bezels is lifting and peeling. they are just junky, cheap headlights. i can take a microfiber and wipe the bezel and the chrome just rubs right off
Old 07-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
erklep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
weak...........what brand?

it should be stamped on the back of the housing................

just curious, and its good for others who may have questions about a certain brand in the future.
should have just gone with the depo lights. i got these from "dotcomracing" via ebay. the only stamping on the housing is: pp-td20

only reason i went with these and not the revotec lights is because they offer without the amber reflector.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #6
chaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud of
Navy: AS2
Name: Chad
chaddawkins's Tacoma Gallery
i'm looking to change mine out so i might have you a pair in a week or so... how much are you looking to spend? i could swear there are some for sale on here already; and honestly, i doubt anyone is willing to let theirs go for any cheaper than these guys/gals are already going
Old 07-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #7
erklep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddawkins View Post
i'm looking to change mine out so i might have you a pair in a week or so... how much are you looking to spend? i could swear there are some for sale on here already; and honestly, i doubt anyone is willing to let theirs go for any cheaper than these guys/gals are already going
i just got a pm back from jlink, who i sold my oem lights to. i gave them to him for 80 and he said if i really need them, he will sell them back to me. also heard back from the ebay seller and they are willing to send me a new pair so it looks like im going to be okay.

the plan is to open them up as soon as i receive them and throw in some good butyl tape and reseal them the right way. no silicone or rtv again. sucks they deal with such a terrible product but im glad they are backing it up with good cust service and doing the right thing by replacing them
Old 07-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #8
chaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud of
Navy: AS2
Name: Chad
chaddawkins's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by erklep View Post
i just got a pm back from jlink, who i sold my oem lights to. i gave them to him for 80 and he said if i really need them, he will sell them back to me. also heard back from the ebay seller and they are willing to send me a new pair so it looks like im going to be okay.

the plan is to open them up as soon as i receive them and throw in some good butyl tape and reseal them the right way. no silicone or rtv again. sucks they deal with such a terrible product but im glad they are backing it up with good cust service and doing the right thing by replacing them
hell yeah, you'll be all right brother
Old 07-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #9
erklep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Check and see what theywant for shipping each way tho........and are u gunna have to send the ones u have in for warranty check before u receive the other?

sent from my non iphone

they said they will reimburse up to $40 for the shipping. they originally wanted me to send these in for inspection first but i told them i cant do that seeing as this is my only vehicle and i cant drive without headlights. so they agreed to ship out a replacement set first and then ill pay to send the defective ones back and they will reimburse the shipping cost