Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB sub box for 06 DC

Old 08-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
Nightmare4150 is on a distinguished road
EMS: EMT
Name: Nick
Nightmare4150's Tacoma Gallery
WTB sub box for 06 DC

looking to buy a sub box to fit 2 alpine 10's to fit behind the seat of a 06 DC
all my friends say a truck box will fit but i went to best buy and the tech said there was no chance it would fit
Old 08-02-2011, 06:15 AM   #3
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Supercrewsound.com or Soundoffaudio.com for DC boxes. MrMarv is better quality, but the pricing for these others is much better.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #4
thanks for the advice
Old 08-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #6
but i dont have 300 bucks to blow on a box lol
Old 08-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #7
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare4150 View Post
but i dont have 300 bucks to blow on a box lol
Save up and do it right or you'll be right back here posting up a WTB thread.

You can always just get one........there have been some nice set ups.

And a big plus, is that it's made for your tacoma so no guessing. You know it will fit the first time.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #8
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
Check out Supercrewsound.com or Soundoffaudio.com for DC boxes. MrMarv is better quality, but the pricing for these others is much better.
Yah, I'm quoting my own post,,, live with it

Just wanted to add that about 6 months ago I bought the DC, double 10" sub box from Soundoffaudio for $130 shipped, then cut off the passenger side sub box, and put the remaining sub box and amp space behind the passenger side seat. Works great for me.

No, the quality of the box is not up to MrMarv's level, but the box is sealed and it's sufficiently put together for what I need it to do. The box carpet is thin, and it's put together with nail gun staples, but again, it's held up fine and it's behind my seat so ultimate looks aren't too important to me.

Note also that I then sold the cut off sub box to a local member for $50, so end cost was $80 and some time to cut off and clean up the cut.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #9
i mean the tacotunes boxes look great and i bet they sound great. but i cant afford something like that. and i just need a 2 10in box to fit behind the seats and im good. and the ones off soundoffaudio seem like there prety good and will fit perfect