Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB: Looking for 2009-2011 Overhead Console with Temp/Compass

Old 08-31-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
Zilkerpaddle is on a distinguished road
Zilkerpaddle's Tacoma Gallery
ME TOO

I have the same truck (different exterior color).
if you find one it should be plug and play. temp probe and all wiring should all be there.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 709GADE View Post
title says it all...Thanks
I have a gray one. Temp/compass currently inop. I think it needs the resistor repair. see this link.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-temp-fix.html
Make me an $$ offer, I know these are in demand. I may be able to repair it as well before I ship.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:49 PM   #6
AZ it is a "dry heat"
supriseaztacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
supriseaztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
guys search the fix for those, I had mine go out and fixed it with no issues since! Was easy!~
Old 09-01-2011, 06:00 AM   #7
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's true...Looking for any color console (grey or tan)
FYI, you won't find a stock tan temp/comp console as they only came in the TRD packages and tan wasn't an interior color option on those. If you find a tan one, it's been modified (like I have done).
Old 09-01-2011, 06:02 AM   #8
709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold

709GADE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
FYI, you won't find a stock tan temp/comp console as they only came in the TRD packages and tan wasn't an interior color option on those. If you find a tan one, it's been modified (like I have done).
Do you have any pics? How did you mod it?
Old 09-01-2011, 07:01 AM   #9
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do you have any pics? How did you mod it?
I just did it this last weekend, and haven't taken any pics, so I hadn't posted anything,,, to avoid the "pics or it didn't happen" posts

But what I did was; I found (was offered) a grey temp/comp console for a reasonable price, I took the grey console and removed the temp/comp unit/plastic surround (more on this below), and placed it into the tan console.

The temp/comp unit's plastic surround is attached to the console using melted plastic tabs and rings. You need to heat those spots and manipulate the plastic so that you can remove the unit from the new console, remove the garage door bin from the old console (heat and plastic again), then place the unit into the old console. Then reheat and bend the plastic tabs and rings back down.

I found a "reasonable" color matched can of Fusion paint at Wally world. It's just a bit lighter, but close enough for me. If you want a total match on the entire console, I think you'll need to paint the entire console, or find some way to get a can of the tan interior's color matched paint.

I removed the unit from the console (remove the unit from the plastic with 3 screws), masked off the unit's plastic surround from the console and painted it. NOTE, much easier to remove the unit/surround from the new console, remove the unit from the plastic surround, paint the plastic surround, THEN put the plastic surround/unit into the old console. I got in a hurry to see it working and didn't want to have to trip over to Wally world for a can of paint first.

Also, for heat, I'd read that using a soldering iron works and was going to use that, but got too lazy to untangle the extension cord, and decided to use a propane torch... It did work, but was like using a 20 lb sledge hammer to pound a nail. I would recommend a soldering iron with a spade-like tip on it.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:10 AM   #10
709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold

709GADE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
I just did it this last weekend, and haven't taken any pics, so I hadn't posted anything,,, to avoid the "pics or it didn't happen" posts

But what I did was; I found (was offered) a grey temp/comp console for a reasonable price, I took the grey console and removed the temp/comp unit/plastic surround (more on this below), and placed it into the tan console.

The temp/comp unit's plastic surround is attached to the console using melted plastic tabs and rings. You need to heat those spots and manipulate the plastic so that you can remove the unit from the new console, remove the garage door bin from the old console (heat and plastic again), then place the unit into the old console. Then reheat and bend the plastic tabs and rings back down.

I found a "reasonable" color matched can of Fusion paint at Wally world. It's just a bit lighter, but close enough for me. If you want a total match on the entire console, I think you'll need to paint the entire console, or find some way to get a can of the tan interior's color matched paint.

I removed the unit from the console (remove the unit from the plastic with 3 screws), masked off the unit's plastic surround from the console and painted it. NOTE, much easier to remove the unit/surround from the new console, remove the unit from the plastic surround, paint the plastic surround, THEN put the plastic surround/unit into the old console. I got in a hurry to see it working and didn't want to have to trip over to Wally world for a can of paint first.

Also, for heat, I'd read that using a soldering iron works and was going to use that, but got too lazy to untangle the extension cord, and decided to use a propane torch... It did work, but was like using a 20 lb sledge hammer to pound a nail. I would recommend a soldering iron with a spade-like tip on it.
Thanks for posting...
Old 09-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #11
Disco Disco...
SGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: NBCNCO, HHC, 1-158 INF
Name: Scott
SGT Taco's Tacoma Gallery
are the 2009-2011 different than the 2007? i have one that i bought at the stealership years ago before i know how easy it was to fix... if not let me know i will sell it. if you have a part number let me know and i will check mine to see if they are the same. P.M. me
Old 09-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #12
Disco Disco...
SGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

so i just talked to the Earnheart Toyota in mesa az, and the parts supervisor said that they are the same part, just with different part numbers for when they started soldering the board differently. so if anyone is interested pm me and we can work something out. I have re-soldered both the 510 resisters and the three 720 resisters on this one for good measure and all works great!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #13
Disco Disco...

let me correct my self. i did some more looking into this and other people are correct, the displays are different starting 2009... they changed from a 5 wire to a 6 wire. the temp sensor is wired into the A.C. unit for some reason and then sent to the overhead.... sorry for the mix up.