1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: Bestop Softop - USED

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by Cmegs, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 17, 2011 at 12:51 PM
    Cmegs

Cmegs [OP] Active Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Westin Bull Bar, Westin Running Boards, Besttop Softtop Shell, Stubby Antenna, Pioneer AVH-4000, Devil Horns, to be continued...
    Some delinquent punks decided to do a number on my truck last week. I have a softtop that still functions, but it needs the clear vinyl (which butts up to cab) to be repaired/taped, cause they slashed it for kicks. I'm looking for something now that locks, and I've taken it off my truck. Definitely had my use of it. If you patch the clear window, will work fine. I have new foam seal for it and kept the velcro seam. Make an offer...I'd hate to throw it away. SoCal folks only, can't ship this.

2. Aug 17, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    Hiatt1991

Hiatt1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Ventura, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    4" Bodylift 20" Offroad shock spacers Turbo Encabulator
    Damn that really sucks. Im sorry you had your truck messed with. How much did you want for it?

3. Aug 17, 2011 at 12:57 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    Have you contacted besttop to see how much a replacement window is?if it helps, I see them go between $250-$400 used. I sold mine for $300 on here

4. Aug 17, 2011 at 1:04 PM
    Cmegs

Cmegs [OP] Active Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Westin Bull Bar, Westin Running Boards, Besttop Softtop Shell, Stubby Antenna, Pioneer AVH-4000, Devil Horns, to be continued...
    Nope, didn't check Bestop out for replacement...I wanted to get a truck topper instead. At least it will lock and will protect (if just a little) the stuff I keep inside there.

5. Aug 17, 2011 at 1:38 PM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    The window that butts up to the cab can't be replaced from Bestop. You would have to repair it or buy some bulk clear vinyl and have it sewn in.

6. Aug 18, 2011 at 6:14 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    I think/thought he means the side ones that butt against cab not back window.

7. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:02 AM
    blatant

blatant Well-Known Member

Member:
    a good local canvas shop may be able to fix it up like new...worth a shot for the potential buyer

8. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:17 AM
    El Tano

El Tano i am the one who knocks

Member:
    Pasadena. CA
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD sport
    Corvette homelink FRONT: 5100 Blinstein set at 0 Procomp 3" leveling kit Allpro UCA’s. REAR: Icon Multi Rate RXT Leaf Pack 5100 Blinstein. 17x9 kMC wheels 0 BS 285/70 17 Wildpeak A/T4W C range Amp research steps. and a bunch of TSB's
    How can you tell that the OP is a female ???

Because nobody jumped on the op with the rules and no threats from the mods to lock the thread.

SELLERS RULES
    1. The subject-line of your post must be a description/name of what you're selling
    2. You must include a price for the item. If you aren't sure, put down a number and add "OBO" after it (Or Best Offer)
    3. You must include a picture of the item you're selling. It must be the actual item, not a manufacturer stock photo. It can be attached to the post, or embedded from other sites, such as photobucket
    4. For local-pickup or regional sales, you must include your city in the post [new]
    5. Specify the model year that the parts you're selling are made for [new]
    6. When naming a price, take into account any fees that PayPal may charge you (under "Receiving purchase payments") [new]
    7. If you are selling the item on an auction or classified site, you may link to the sale from your post-BUT YOU MUST still include a picture in the post.
    8. When the item you're selling is no longer for sale, please indicate so by replying to your sales thread. This helps avoid confusion among people seeing your post.

9. Aug 19, 2011 at 8:18 AM
    KEG'sTACO

KEG'sTACO FJ Cruiser

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Auburn, AL
    Vehicle:
    '08 FJ Cruiser
    Leveled, 33" BFG A/Ts, Demello Offroad front flat-top bumper, Demello Offroad rear 3-piece bumper, 17" Liquid Metal Gatlins, Pioneer audio upgrade, custom mounted 10" subwoofer, offroad interior
    too bad you can't ship it.

10. Aug 19, 2011 at 9:36 AM
    Cmegs

Cmegs [OP] Active Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    It has nothing to do with being female. I didn't have time to look at the rules before I posted. As you can see from my status, I don't normally post things for sell or comment.

SELLERS RULES
    1. The subject-line of your post must be a description/name of what you're selling I did this: Besttop Softop Used
    2. You must include a price for the item. If you aren't sure, put down a number and add "OBO" after it (Or Best Offer) $200 obo
    3. You must include a picture of the item you're selling. It must be the actual item, not a manufacturer stock photo. It can be attached to the post, or embedded from other sites, such as photobucket - see below.
    4. For local-pickup or regional sales, you must include your city in the post [new] -Lakewood or Torrance, CA
    5. Specify the model year that the parts you're selling are made for [new] -2008?
    6. When naming a price, take into account any fees that PayPal may charge you (under "Receiving purchase payments") [new] - I don't have a paypal acct....Cash preferred and you pay when you pick it up.
    7. If you are selling the item on an auction or classified site, you may link to the sale from your post-BUT YOU MUST still include a picture in the post. -Only being sold on TW.
    8. When the item you're selling is no longer for sale, please indicate so by replying to your sales thread. This helps avoid confusion among people seeing your post. -Its still for sale.

Besttop 2.jpg
    bestop1.jpg

11. Aug 19, 2011 at 12:07 PM
    Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kaiden
    BH, ME & BOS, MA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Sport DCLB
    OEM lift. Ditch lights
    Don't be a douche.

OP, too bad you can't ship it, I'd buy it.

12. Aug 19, 2011 at 4:01 PM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    is this for the short bed? If it is, I'm interested. I'm in SoCal for the weekend

13. Aug 19, 2011 at 6:48 PM
    El Tano

El Tano i am the one who knocks

Member:
    Pasadena. CA
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD sport
    Corvette homelink FRONT: 5100 Blinstein set at 0 Procomp 3" leveling kit Allpro UCA’s. REAR: Icon Multi Rate RXT Leaf Pack 5100 Blinstein. 17x9 kMC wheels 0 BS 285/70 17 Wildpeak A/T4W C range Amp research steps. and a bunch of TSB's
    Cmegs, it meant that normally when somebody don't post a picture, the the second post is the rules. In this case they gave you a brake because you are a lady.
    Not being a douche, just trying to be funny.
    GLWTS

14. Aug 19, 2011 at 9:01 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    Funny or not, you still come across as a douche, and no, usually the second post is just stating that you need pics, not giving her shit and then claiming no one said anything because she is a WOMEN... Live with it, you have crossed that line and there is no coming back from douche-ville. You will forever be known as the douche that was bashing people in the for sale threads!!!

CMEGS, GLWS and I mean that in a completely non gender biased way!!!

15. Aug 19, 2011 at 9:03 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    You could get some clear nylon type tape, it would still be noticable. Or maybe see if a vinal graphics shop or window tinting shop has something you could fix it with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top