Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB:Grille Insert / Muffler?

Old 08-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
Hakuna Matata, bitches!
EVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura aboutEVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura about

Name: Trent
EVErsionDesigns's Tacoma Gallery
WTB:Grille Insert / Muffler?

Long shot, trying to see if I can help anyone out trying to sell.

I want a Grillecraft insert, maybe an already assembled Super White Satosh?
I have my OEM 2011 chrome grille maybe trade?

I also am looking for a muffler. Magnaflow preferably, what do you have?
I could go the cat-back route...

Just trying to see if I can help anyone out before I buy brand new.

Thanks,
Trent
Old 08-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
Hakuna Matata, bitches!
EVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura aboutEVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura about

(It would help me out too) lol
Old 08-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
I'm crackin eggs of wisdom
Shiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Curt (kūrt)
Shiftin2Sixth's Tacoma Gallery
I know there was a guy a while back looking to trade his satoshi grill SW for a 2011 SW grille. l dont know if he ever did or not. let me look up the thread

*Edit: found it and its almost a year old so I bet its no good http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...rill-plus.html
Old 08-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #4
Hakuna Matata, bitches!

Yeah that's pretty old.
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

By the way, how do you like your TRD exhaust?
Old 08-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #5
Shiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVErsionDesigns View Post
Yeah that's pretty old.
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

By the way, how do you like your TRD exhaust?
I like it, it sounds good and looks good, and mounted up really easy
Old 08-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
Iakopa84 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
Iakopa84's Tacoma Gallery
If you find one and don't trade your OEM grille... I'll take it!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #7
Hakuna Matata, bitches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin2Sixth View Post
I like it, it sounds good and looks good, and mounted up really easy
I hope you don't mind me picking your mind here while I have the opportunity lol How would you compare that to having just a welded in muffler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iakopa84 View Post
If you find one and don't trade your OEM grille... I'll take it!
If I find one it's all yours lol
I saw your post about the 2011 grille I will definitely let you know!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:00 PM   #8
Iakopa84 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
Iakopa84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If I find one it's all yours lol
I saw your post about the 2011 grille I will definitely let you know!
Sweet!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #9

Quote:
I hope you don't mind me picking your mind here while I have the opportunity lol How would you compare that to having just a welded in muffler?

I had a welded on muffler on my 98 Tacoma and it was nice but I like how the TRD uses all the stock mounting locations and bolts right up. I guess just piece of mind. I had some issues with the muffler on my 98 no fault of the truck or muffler, but installation. I'm not sure if other brands do the same but when I bought mine it was the only thing out.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #10
Hakuna Matata, bitches!

Quote:
I had a welded on muffler on my 98 Tacoma and it was nice but I like how the TRD uses all the stock mounting locations and bolts right up. I guess just piece of mind. I had some issues with the muffler on my 98 no fault of the truck or muffler, but installation. I'm not sure if other brands do the same but when I bought mine it was the only thing out.
Ok, I see. And what about performance? I've been looking at a couple of the threads on here but, they are all over the place pertaining to better performance on mufflers or cat-back systems, or whether or not there is any preformance gain at all. What has your experience shown?
Old 08-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Ok, I see. And what about performance? I've been looking at a couple of the threads on here but, they are all over the place pertaining to better performance on mufflers or cat-back systems, or whether or not there is any preformance gain at all. What has your experience shown?
To be honest I couldn't tell you if performance is better or not. I've had it on so long that I don't remember what it was like before. Its louder and sounds good and I'm sure there is a performance gain but I can't remember being without it.

And it looks cool
Old 08-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #12
Hakuna Matata, bitches!

Quote:
To be honest I couldn't tell you if performance is better or not. I've had it on so long that I don't remember what it was like before. Its louder and sounds good and I'm sure there is a performance gain but I can't remember being without it.

And it looks cool
Haha right on, I like how they look too!
I don't want anything too over kill in terms of sound though, something mellow.