Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Possible GB on keyhole plugs

Old 08-22-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Possible GB on keyhole plugs

I want a set of the bumper plugs, and keyhole plugs for my 05 speedway blue tacoma. I sent an email off to www.keytechniques.net for a quote. Jon responded very quickly, and explained that he dosen't stock speeday blue. If I wanted two sets, he could order paint and then I'd have a set for it to be worth ordering paint. I'm just wondering if there is any intrest in a group buy on these?
Old 08-23-2011, 04:47 AM   #2
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
$16 shipped on a set of keyhole plugs, on in stock colors.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:51 AM   #3
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
i like the idea but that seems pricey
Old 08-23-2011, 07:36 AM   #4

Firefighter:
I kno, but its pretty badass. Ill be ordering a set
Old 08-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #5
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
What happens if the battery goes dead in the key fob?
Old 08-23-2011, 08:13 AM   #6
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgecko View Post
im not sure but i would assume you would pop that little piece out and go on about your business
Old 08-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #7
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanSR5x4 View Post
im not sure but i would assume you would pop that little piece out and go on about your business
eff that.... too much work, just easier to piss and moan
Old 08-23-2011, 08:17 AM   #8
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
16 bucks for a cap plug, wow who knew.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:20 AM   #9
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REX_111_MDG_BMET View Post
eff that.... too much work, just easier to piss and moan
true

Edit:
Quote:
you will have to smash a window to get in
Old 08-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #10
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like the License plate plugs and key plugs, but its $30 tot shipped,

I'd be down for better price tho...
Old 08-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #11
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
i used a small dab of contact cement (recommended on the instructions).... if i needed to use the keys to unlock the door, i can use the corner of my credit/atm card and with a little pulling, it'll come right off..i have for my bumper and the keyhole... its awsome.

Quote:
Old 08-23-2011, 06:42 PM   #13
keytechniques is on a distinguished road
Name: Dev
keytechniques's Tacoma Gallery
This is dev from keytechniques, I understand peoples apprehension on the price however for $16 we sell two keyhole covers or $9 for one. Our bumper plugs are $12.

1. We formulate our paint to have an exact match
2. We perform a good deal of labor in our prep process.
3. We use only the finest materials in terms of prep, two types of flex primers and chromabased paint not lacquer and we top it off with a high quality UV clear.
4. We ship each of our orders in ring boxes so the finish does not get damaged.

Because we make them in bulk the paint and materials gets shared and therefore I can send out a high quality product and turn a little profit. I don't make a whole lot of margin on these and I don't expect to get rich quick anytime soon especially when my material costs and shipping have gone up significantly.

Having said that;
I would like to better understand the mindset of why our prices are perceived to be high so I can understand your market a bit better. I understand that these covers are not for everyone but I have served a number of your members without any kind of complaint about pricing before.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:02 PM   #14
I am a Pearl in your Oyster
ill ay is on a distinguished road

ill ay's Tacoma Gallery
^ well said. You have to stay in business and feed yourself at the same time.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #15
KevLot17 will become famous soon enoughKevLot17 will become famous soon enough

Name: Kevin
KevLot17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by keytechniques View Post
This is dev from keytechniques, I understand peoples apprehension on the price however for $16 we sell two keyhole covers or $9 for one. Our bumper plugs are $12.

1. We formulate our paint to have an exact match
2. We perform a good deal of labor in our prep process.
3. We use only the finest materials in terms of prep, two types of flex primers and chromabased paint not lacquer and we top it off with a high quality UV clear.
4. We ship each of our orders in ring boxes so the finish does not get damaged.

Because we make them in bulk the paint and materials gets shared and therefore I can send out a high quality product and turn a little profit. I don't make a whole lot of margin on these and I don't expect to get rich quick anytime soon especially when my material costs and shipping have gone up significantly.

Having said that;
I would like to better understand the mindset of why our prices are perceived to be high so I can understand your market a bit better. I understand that these covers are not for everyone but I have served a number of your members without any kind of complaint about pricing before.
Yup, i saw this post, went on your website, and said '$16 for 2 keyhole covers... they look pretty cool thats worth it to me'
Old 08-24-2011, 10:22 AM   #16
trd larry
TRD Larry is a glorious beacon of lightTRD Larry is a glorious beacon of lightTRD Larry is a glorious beacon of lightTRD Larry is a glorious beacon of lightTRD Larry is a glorious beacon of light
Army: E4
Name: Larry
TRD Larry's Tacoma Gallery
I purchaed a set of the keyhole covers and I have no complaints. I did not think $16 was a lot for a quality product. Paint was a perfect match, excellent instructions and I was highly impressed on the packaging/shipping. After installing the covers I contacted Dev and asked him if he made the covers for other vehicles. I have a few other vehicles I would like to put them on. I have had people ask me where I purchased the covers, sometimes it the little mods that gain the most attention.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #17

Firefighter:
Thanks Larry. If he would of had speedway blue in stock, I'd of ordered them by now.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:16 PM   #18
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
WTF is a keyhole cover?
Old 08-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #19

Firefighter:
go to the website, and you shall find out.