Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

08 tacoma double cab long bed.

Old 09-03-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
Vasaras is on a distinguished road
Name: Dimitris
Vasaras's Tacoma Gallery
Question 08 tacoma double cab long bed.

Hi all my father wants to lift his tacoma and i have no idea what he has to use.i found some lift kits on toyteclifts.com but it is kinda complicated for me.(being a foreigner). the one i am loooking for is http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
somebody please tell me a good kit.thanks in advance.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #3
Vasaras's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

yea but it has some options for me to choose like the 884 coils or 885 or 886.what is that for??
Old 09-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasaras View Post
yea but it has some options for me to choose like the 884 coils or 885 or 886.what is that for??
885 springs are designed for the doublecab , 886 springs are if you going to add a steel aftermarket front bumper and winch .
Old 09-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #5
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
The different numbers are for stiffer coils.

If your dad has just the stock bumper, stay with the "light" load coils- the others are made for those trucks with plate bumpers and winches

Edit: OZ beat me.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #6
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
The different numbers are for stiffer coils.

"OME 883 medium load 100lbs additional front weight (top plate spacers not included)
OME 882 Heavy load 150+ LBS additional front weight (top plate spacers not included)"

means that the 882's and the 883's are for trucks with heavy front bumpers and/or winches- If your dad has just the stock bumper, stay with the "light" load coils

Those are for 1st gens
Old 09-03-2011, 01:34 PM   #7
Vasaras's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Then i am going with 885 right??
Old 09-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are you planning on adding a steel bumper or winch ?

How much lift are you hoping for , because you can also go with 884's , they just add a little less lift .
Old 09-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #10
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Should work. You might want to look at the 884's though.

Actually, try give Toytec a call, or have your dad call them- they'll iron out all the wrinkles for you
(303) 255-4959
Old 09-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #11
Vasaras's Tacoma Gallery
ok thanks again.i will have him call them tomorrow.