Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FS: URD MAF calibrator tuned for 05+ 2.7l 2TR Tacoma

Old 09-28-2011, 05:02 AM   #1
eeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud of
eeberleeber's Tacoma Gallery
FS: URD MAF calibrator tuned for 05+ 2.7l 2TR Tacoma

tuned for 05+ 2.7l Tacos with the K&N short ram intakes. installed once, I bought new from URD.

note: this is the calibrator without MAP sensor option (cannot be used with turbo/supercharged 2TRs)

$140 shipped from Connecticut.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #2
eeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud of
Price reduced, $125 + free shipping
Old 10-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
you seemed to be very happy with the results of this in another one of yours posts so may I ask why you are selling?

when you went back to stock, is it noticeable at all that there was something installed there?
Old 10-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
Good question! I'm returning the truck to stock before I sell/trade for a new car for my wife. Her camry is dying. Basically a money thing and her car ain't worth jack with its bottom end problems.

I'll be selling my 2TR lc engineering header and k&n intake soon too, if you're interested.. . Header has less than 2k miles on it.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:33 PM   #5
Forgot to respond to your second question, sorry about that.

I definitely notice the truck is weaker pulling out of 2nd and 3rd gears after removing the MAF calibrator. This observation is pretty consistent with my initial observations after installing it.

I'm still running the 2TR LC engineering header and K&n intake with an Amsoil EaA dry cone filter (replacing the K&n red oil filter). It's been too long since running my truck stock to say how these upgrades affect performance alone. However, seeing the modified truck with and without the URD maf cal, I strongly believe that tuning the A/F mixture is the way to go after intake & exhaust upgrades on the naturally aspirated 2.7l.

I definitely standby my initial opinion that this is a great product and well worth coupling with the K&n intake to get the most out of that upgrade.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #6
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
may I ask how do you work this thing? does it come with a manual? I am in the market with one as I will be getting my volant cai soon.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:34 AM   #7
This unit has 5 wires that are soldered into your ecu harness, behind the glove box. The unit comes with a 1 page instruction sheet with specific details on where each wire is located and colored. It's easy.

I found that the unit mounted best using strong adhesive-backed velcro on the interior side panel (to the right of the ecu if you're facing the glove box). There was an empty spot on the paneling where the black box could fit, and the velcro holds it very securely as it's not heavy. This also facilitates its easy removal should you want to do tuning on your own.

Tuning software (Split Second) is included.

Gadget is extremely helpful with all his products and can retune the unit should you have a different engine/configuration than the 05+ 2.7l 2TR engine with the k&n intake.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #8
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2.7 so I'll just have to tune it to my new intake, heard they can make the engine run rich.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #9
You might ask email Gadget and see if he has a tune for the 2.7 with the volant intake. He'd load it for you, I'm sure.

I agree though, the best tune for your truck will be a tune on *your* truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalex View Post
I have a 2.7 so I'll just have to tune it to my new intake, heard they can make the engine run rich.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #11
sold.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:08 PM   #12
header is also sold.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:19 AM   #13
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
________________ ___________________________
Old 11-06-2011, 07:25 AM   #14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Payment sent for header......JOY! Glad the snowstorm effects have subsided......been doin some nail bitin over this work of art.