1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS:FX-R Retro/Mini Retro

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by AsianAnts, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Aug 30, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts [OP] just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
  2. Aug 30, 2012 at 7:37 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    fx-rs are awesome man trust me and ant knows what he is doing if your going the retrofit route this is your guy :thumbsup:

3. Sep 3, 2012 at 10:36 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.

4. Sep 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM
    parboy

parboy FORE!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Sherwood, AR
    Vehicle:
    '13 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD sport, Tow and Entune
    Tonnopro tonneau cover, Weathertech digital fit mats, Magnaflow 18" muffler with black exhaust tip, blacked out badges/emblems, Passport 9500ix, Pop & Lock PL8521, EZdown tailgate mod, 17" KMC XD addicts, 265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, OME 884 springs, Bilstein 5100's at zero, BHLM, FX-R retrofit, 80mm and 110mm morimoto rgb halo's with Bluetooth control, Raptor style led's in grill, LED's for dome, maps, reverse, license plate, parking lights, switchback DTRL's, ultra-gauge, Kenwood DNX690HD, Hertz HDP4, Hertz HSK165's, Memphis 12" in custom box, Black/Grey Roadwire leather kit with seat heaters, cool white interior led's from oznium.com, 20" AVEC dual row light bar in lower bumper, 19" AVEC single row light bar in grill,
    PM sent

5. Sep 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    replied

6. Sep 6, 2012 at 3:08 PM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
    willing to exhange parts and a set of headlights for a set of these?

7. Sep 8, 2012 at 1:09 PM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    whats the difference between the stage 3 and 4?

8. Sep 8, 2012 at 1:31 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Yup.

On my D2S priojectors, I stuck with the 3-Five ballasts, but I did go with the Philips burner. Side of the burner base actually says "DOT" and they are (one of) the same burners used by auto makers.
    Osram/Sylvania is another that the OEMs use.
    OEM are all 4300k.

9. Sep 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    Sweet thanks guys

10. Sep 8, 2012 at 3:53 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Important thing is you got the quality projectors and did a clean installation.

The ballasts and burners can be replaced any time, and the D2S burner is an industry standard, so no matter what happens to TRS or DDM, you'll always be able to get replacement parts.
    That's what scares me about the Mini-H1... it's not a standard burner.

11. Sep 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    still debating if i should throw in philips 4300 or keep my 5k in.... i might jsut play around with it and swap them around ;)

12. Sep 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM
    Fiend13

Fiend13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    Here is what I have:
    [​IMG]

Is it possible to add halo's to them and have the rest of the housing blacked out? They are the morimoto d2s. Reason I ask about blacking them out too is because I did my stock housings and one didn't seal all the way and fogged up and I don't want to risk that with these. Thanks.

13. Sep 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM
    Fiend13

Fiend13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    Or maybe a set like what I want for trade? Just thought I'd ask

14. Sep 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    I was trying to figure out what you were asking, but then I remembered that you had someone install the projectors.

The halos can be added, but it's a pain...
    If the shrouds are glued to the projectors (most likely are), the projectors need to come out.
    To remove the projectors, you need to pass the solenoid wire back through the hole in the reflector.
    The connector installed on the solenoid wires will not fit through the hole... it's barely big enough to pass the pins. I don't know if the connector can be disassembled without an extractor tool.

You'd really be better off selling those and starting over, but shipping is going to kill you on a pair of housings.
    Personally, I'd live with it until you replace the truck.

15. Sep 9, 2012 at 12:27 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    how are the shrouds mounted to the projectors?

yes you can add halos

16. Sep 9, 2012 at 11:19 AM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    He doesn't want to open the housings himself.

17. Sep 13, 2012 at 6:59 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
  18. Sep 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM
    Fightman80

Fightman80 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capreol Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD DCLB Speedway Blue
    Tinted Tail lights, Nerb Bars, Tonneau Cover, Vent Visors, Hood Deflector, Foglight/highbeam mod, Custom homemade grill, Carbon Fibre Interior.
    You Sir... are an ARTIST! Those retrofits look amazing... really wish I had the money to put down on a set of these!

19. Sep 14, 2012 at 11:35 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    :thumbsup:thanks!

20. Sep 15, 2012 at 9:30 AM
    sk8rjess

sk8rjess IG: @whoishack

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    02 4x4 sr5
    some duct tape and zip ties
    do the 4300. youll get more out of it. how are you sealing up the rear of the lights?
    and also i don't see any alignment adjustment on the projectors?

Products Discussed in

To Top