Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FS: Sway Away 2.0 (05+ Tacoma)

Old 10-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
brigham is on a distinguished road
brigham's Tacoma Gallery
FS: Sway Away 2.0 (05+ Tacoma)

I'm done trying to make this work on my FJC... Here’s the spec:. Hasn’t been valve, Shock has been tested & recharged w/ nitrogen @ Burnetts Sand Blaster. Long story short, Original spring for SAW are 13" 650 lbs, which = front end swag on the FJC???? Measuring my OEM shock length vs the Tacoma SAW, from top to lower control arm eyelet are the same length, So I figure replacing the shocks w/ stiffer coils, Eibach 16" 650 lbs = 2 1/2 inch of preload compressed w/ span nut on top, would give me the add height needed, now I don’t have enough weight (tube bumper no winch) to compensate for the stiff spring. ( should of went with the 14" Coils) Anyways setup forsale are 05+ Tacoma sway away 2.0 mounted w/ the Eibach 16” coil.. will also included the original 13” SAW spring incase you want to swap back. Asking 350.00 Shipped. I'm in fresno, CA if your interested for pick up.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
so the way they are right now would provide how much lift on a taco? how many miles are on these? they dont need a rebuild or anything?
you wrote "hasnt been valve" ? what are you trying to say here?
im interested
Probably 4" lift. You could swap the other springs in for a better lift height.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
thanx chris...yeah would deff need the other springs put in then...im just nervous about valving and charging etc....i know nothing about coilovers or tuning them
Not a big deal. DSM can take care of you.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Prob a good idea to revalve them, but that's a great deal!
Old 10-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Prob a good idea to revalve them, but that's a great deal!
Yeah...At that price, DSM can rebuild them, and give a warranty, and he'd still be ahead of the game.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #10
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Those should be good to go with the 16" coils on there, it will be at about 2.5-3"" lift with the collar all the way at the top. Since they were made for a Taco the valving should be correct already.

I've got the same spring on my SAWs, but in a 14" length, and I've got 2" of threads showing abover the collar, and my truck is up +2.5".

Of course getting them rebuilt isn't a bad idea, you should be able to bolt on and run. Get a swaybar relocate, or if you want to reap the full improvement, ditch the swaybar completely.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #12
brigham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so the way they are right now would provide how much lift on a taco? how many miles are on these? they dont need a rebuild or anything?
you wrote "hasnt been valve" ? what are you trying to say here?
im interested
My previous setup was OME 884 = 2-2.5 of lift; measuring from the ground up to the bottom of the fender flare i had a total height of 38", vs 39” w/ the sway away. These are measurement off my FJC.
The coilovers have 50k on them, i had Burnetts test & recharge the shocks before mounting the new coils, no leaks. took them off after my hunting trip the following weekend & threw back my old setup. Valving is for Tacoma, never tamper with.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #15
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Paid for and sold

To me
Old 10-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #16
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
nice man

I have the same ones on my truck, I just had them rebuilt and they are like new again.

If you ever need these rebuilt I know a good place in alberta
Old 10-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #17
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorola View Post
nice man

I have the same ones on my truck, I just had them rebuilt and they are like new again.

If you ever need these rebuilt I know a good place in alberta
Where at I might be just getting them redone to be safe
Old 10-11-2011, 06:55 AM   #18
brigham's Tacoma Gallery
Sold to Bulhas
Old 10-11-2011, 07:05 AM   #19
brigham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post
Where at I might be just getting them redone to be safe
If your looking forward to having them rebuild to be on the safe side i can have it done at a local shop before shipping @ your cost: I use Burnett's Sand Center, Fresno CA.. My brother did his FOX shocks or about 200.00 a pair. You can google them, they do a lot of custom dune buggies and off road stuff. LMK before shipping
Old 10-11-2011, 07:09 AM   #20
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigham View Post
If your looking forward to having them rebuild to be on the safe side i can have it done at a local shop before shipping @ your cost: I use Burnett's Sand Center, Fresno CA.. My brother did his FOX shocks or about 200.00 a pair. You can google them, they do a lot of custom dune buggies and off road stuff. LMK before shipping

I got a solid quote from a local shop but thanks