Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Anyone know of a 05+ 2.7 being parted out?

Old 10-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know of a 05+ 2.7 being parted out?

Im looking for a catalytic convertor for my 2.7, im over the 80k warranty and dealer is out of my price range at 1300+. I live in good old California so i cant run the aftermarket 49 state legal cats (they wont even ship to CA).Ive tried wrecking yards but i was told it was illegal for them to sell. Any leads to a craigslist add or something would be much appreciated.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
Foxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Foxer's Tacoma Gallery
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/pts/2634066076.html
Old 10-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #3
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
thanks, Just called them up, they say they recycle them.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
Foxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Foxer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbmx View Post
thanks, Just called them up, they say they recycle them.
You shoulda told them what the dealer charges new for them...
Old 10-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
doing my thing.

kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You shoulda told them what the dealer charges new for them...
lol yea but he insisted to tell me its illegal.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:04 PM   #6
doing my thing.

kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know of another way? I just passed Ca smog a month before cat went bad. I want my back pressure back and im tired of hearing loose marbles in my exhaust lol.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:05 PM   #7
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
There's one in the Phoenix AZ Craigslist but it looks like it rolled off a mountain so not sure what shape anything underneath is in
Old 10-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #8
doing my thing.

kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/pts/2575473246.html
they wont sell the cat :/
Old 10-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #9
Foxer's Tacoma Gallery
With each passing day comes a new reason to hate living in california...

Maybe take a road trip to a nevada parts store or something
Old 10-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #10
doing my thing.

kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
With each passing day comes a new reason to hate living in california...

Maybe take a road trip to a nevada parts store or something
I hear you on that one, i just may end up doing that, im 4 hours from Reno.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #11
Foxer's Tacoma Gallery
Here try this one....

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/2644885298.html
Old 10-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #13
jsutter has a spectacular aura aboutjsutter has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jim
jsutter's Tacoma Gallery
Edit: sorry it was everything but the cat
Old 10-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #14
TXFF41587 will become famous soon enoughTXFF41587 will become famous soon enough

Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Tucker
TXFF41587's Tacoma Gallery
dont know if this helps but thought id post it.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2645439019.html
Old 10-17-2011, 05:36 AM   #15
thepakiman is on a distinguished road
thepakiman's Tacoma Gallery
I have had some luck buying for salvage yards, I told them I needed the "Y" pipe and it came with the 2 cats....just cant ask them you need the cats...and yes it is not to be sold used to anyone for private use just scrapers, so try that and under the table, they may think the state is calling them, and not responde well on the phone too!
Old 06-22-2013, 01:12 AM   #16
doing my thing.

kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
2 year bump
Old 06-22-2013, 01:17 AM   #18
doing my thing.

kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
bump
haha thanks buddy!
Old 06-22-2013, 01:24 AM   #19
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Did you ever find a cat cause magnaflow makes them new and they make carb compliant ones
Old 06-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #20
2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of
Name: Greg
2ndchancetoyotas's Tacoma Gallery
I'm parting out a 2.7

I have an 06 I'm parting out, 2.7 regular cab. Has 193k miles, but Honda and toyota cats usually last pretty long. Came from Phoenix which is a smog county in AZ. 9I65I29647