Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB - 2009+ stock Black radio 6 cd player/Non-JBL

Old 10-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
Stew_Fri has much to be proud ofStew_Fri has much to be proud ofStew_Fri has much to be proud ofStew_Fri has much to be proud ofStew_Fri has much to be proud ofStew_Fri has much to be proud ofStew_Fri has much to be proud ofStew_Fri has much to be proud ofStew_Fri has much to be proud of
Army: Sgt, Bravo Team Ldr, Infantryman, A. Co. 1-12, 3rd Brigade, 1st CAV Division
Stew_Fri's Tacoma Gallery
WTB - 2009+ stock Black radio cd player/Non-JBL

*Edit*: Looking for a 2009+ stock black/Non JBL cd player.

I was looking for 6 disc one since that is what my silver radio is now but was informed that toyota doesn't make the black ones in 6 disc. I have a 2009 Taco with the silver radio and silver surrounding bezel/vents. I'am wanting it to be all black so I'm looking for a 2009 and up stock black radio cd player/Non JBL. Anybody looking to sell or trade? I'll even throw in my silver bezel that surrounds the radio and vents. Just need the black radio

What I want:

What I currently have:
Old 10-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
The black one you have pictured is not a 6 disk...

free bump
Old 10-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
Stew_Fri has much to be proud ofStew_Fri has much to be proud ofStew_Fri has much to be proud ofStew_Fri has much to be proud ofStew_Fri has much to be proud ofStew_Fri has much to be proud ofStew_Fri has much to be proud ofStew_Fri has much to be proud ofStew_Fri has much to be proud of
Army: Sgt, Bravo Team Ldr, Infantryman, A. Co. 1-12, 3rd Brigade, 1st CAV Division
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
The black one you have pictured is not a 6 disk...

free bump
Are you sure? It looks exactly the same as my silver 6 disc. All the same buttons, and it even says disc up and down on 3 & 4? Thanks for the free bump. I'll see if I can find a six disc pic then.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
I'm crackin eggs of wisdom
Shiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Curt (kūrt)
Shiftin2Sixth's Tacoma Gallery
The 6 disc has a load button above the right knob. I dont think they made a 6-disc in black tho
Old 10-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #6
09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
09taco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I never knew Toyota made a black color version of the radio
Old 10-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09taco4x4 View Post
Yeah, from what I gathered its mostly only in the single cab base Tacoma's I wish they had it as an option.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #8
Shiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09taco4x4 View Post
The base models have a black radio and vent surrounds
Old 10-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #9

If you want a black 6-disc you can use an 05-08 radio and change the front plate. All the button holes are the same but it looks with the 09-11 radio you cant do it
Old 10-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin2Sixth View Post
If you want a black 6-disc you can use an 05-08 radio and change the front plate. All the button holes are the same but it looks with the 09-11 radio you cant do it
Not sure I understood. So I can an 05-08 face on an 09-11 radio?
Old 10-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew_Fri View Post
Not sure I understood. So I can an 05-08 face on an 09-11 radio?
No a 05-08 face on a 05-08 face is interchangeable to black. the 09-11 is not. So if you really want a black 6-disc you may have to have a 05-08 radio

OR. you can just paint yours black
Old 10-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin2Sixth View Post
No a 05-08 face on a 05-08 face is interchangeable to black. the 09-11 is not. So if you really want a black 6-disc you may have to have a 05-08 radio

OR. you can just paint yours black
Oh ok gotcha. Yeah I have thought about painting my radio black but then none of the button indicator lights would show through and I changed my red and orange LEDs to Blue and White. Well I guess I'm willing to buy/trade for a black radio even if its not a 6 disc changer. I never use my cd player anyways. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew_Fri View Post
Oh ok gotcha. Yeah I have thought about painting my radio black but then none of the button indicator lights would show through and I changed my red and orange LEDs to Blue and White. Well I guess I'm willing to buy/trade for a black radio even if its not a 6 disc changer. I never use my cd player anyways. Thanks for the help.
No problem. Good Luck BUMP