Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Eye lids painted to match

Old 01-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #961
Toyota Man
Toyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Former Reserve Police Officer
Toyota Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark350 View Post
Interested in a pair of these. Just curious how much of a bitch the double sided tape is to get off if you decided you didn't want them on anymore, if anyone has some experience
These are pretty easy to remove if they need to be taken off. The best way is to run fishing line between the lid and lens. Using a sawing motion cuts the tape but the plastic fishing line won't hurt the lids or lens.

Once the lid is removed you can use a heat gun or blow dryer and using common sense heat up the tape enough it peels off. The common sense part is making sure you dont use too much heat and warping your lens.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #962
Toyota Man
Toyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Group 16- Payment requests will be sent out this Friday.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:23 AM   #963
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
PM'd.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:44 PM   #964
Toyota Man

Guys,

I am slammed and didnt get lids all completed. I will work over the weekend to get them done. I will post as soon as they hit the post office headed out to you.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:52 PM   #965
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Man View Post
These are pretty easy to remove if they need to be taken off. The best way is to run fishing line between the lid and lens. Using a sawing motion cuts the tape but the plastic fishing line won't hurt the lids or lens.

Once the lid is removed you can use a heat gun or blow dryer and using common sense heat up the tape enough it peels off. The common sense part is making sure you dont use too much heat and warping your lens.
Good info to have Don... I'll be doing this soon. Bad run in with a Range Rover on a trail in the snow.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #966
Toyota Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Good info to have Don... I'll be doing this soon. Bad run in with a Range Rover on a trail in the snow.

Carange Pics? At least it was on the trail having fun! Could have been worse. It could have happened on a snowy road on the way to work
Old 01-31-2013, 03:59 PM   #967
Toyota Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post

If you run into problems or complications, pm me and I will get you taken care of.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #968
williams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwilliams63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: chili
williams63's Tacoma Gallery
?

Quote:
Guys,

I have a set of 05-11 sleeper lids already painted Silver Streak Mica. These were made with the last batch as an over order. They are ready for immediate delivery. If anybody is interested, pm me.

PM sent
Old 02-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #970
Toyota Man

Group 15- Lids are done. I will box them up today and try to get to the post office before they close. If not then they will be headed out to you in the morning.

Don
Old 02-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #971
Its tha Southern Way
LBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
LBFD2005's Tacoma Gallery
^^ how the shipping go?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #972
Toyota Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBFD2005 View Post
^^ how the shipping go?
I am just leaving the office for tonight. I didn't get a chance to leave and get them shipped this evening. I will stop by in the morning on my way in and send them out to you all.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #973
Toyota Man

Update- group 15 your lids left for you this morning.

Update- group 16 your lids were ordered last night.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #974
JDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMjeremy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
JDMjeremy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.: D
Old 02-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #975
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Old 02-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #977
Its tha Southern Way
LBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

were these sent with tracking numbers? or just standard mail?
Old 02-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #978
Toyota Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBFD2005 View Post
were these sent with tracking numbers? or just standard mail?
PM sent with info.

Everything was sent priority mail with tracking info. Everybody's lids were expected to be delivered on 2/7. I checked the tracking info and it looks like they are running slow. I am heading out of town for the weekend. If anybody needs their tracking info as there package is not delivered by Monday, pm me and I will get it for you.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:19 AM   #979
Its tha Southern Way

Got mine yesterday hopefully ill get that and my new grill on tmrw when the snow stops
Old 02-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #980
Its tha Southern Way

lids installed thanks alot man very good product