Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB OEM ROOF RACK

Old 11-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
roberth2334 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Sgt
Name: Rob
roberth2334's Tacoma Gallery
WTB OEM ROOF RACK

I am looking for an OEM Roof Rack that will fit a 2nd generation Tacoma (2010). I am looking for all the mounting hardware with the rack. Let me know what you have. Will need to be shipped to Western KY.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
ahaha get in line pal, those are hard to come by around here and even harder if you need it shipped. you're better off buying it NEW off of Ebay for $250 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Toyo...item5d30e875bc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-06-07-08-...item5646c9c05b
Old 11-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
True

But it's worth a try
Old 11-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
wordtothis is a jewel in the roughwordtothis is a jewel in the roughwordtothis is a jewel in the roughwordtothis is a jewel in the rough
Name: david
wordtothis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberth2334 View Post
I am looking for an OEM Roof Rack that will fit a 2nd generation Tacoma (2010). I am looking for all the mounting hardware with the rack. Let me know what you have. Will need to be shipped to Western KY.
How does this thing mount up there anyway? Is it drilled and bolted/screwed into the roof, or adhered with tape, or what?
Old 11-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #5
Foxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Foxer's Tacoma Gallery
Does Toyota make roof racks for access cab models or is it just for DC?

Just wondering....
Old 11-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #6
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtothis View Post
How does this thing mount up there anyway? Is it drilled and bolted/screwed into the roof, or adhered with tape, or what?
little suction cups and double stick tape

jk

its bolted onto the roof, its solid
Old 11-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
Foxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Foxer's Tacoma Gallery
Theres one up for bids ending in 4 days... current price is $56....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-10-Toyota...item256908d05a

You might save a few bucks by the time the auction is over...
Old 11-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #8
wayne73 is on a distinguished road
Name: Wayne
wayne73's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.toyotapartsoutlet.com/Scr...dproduct=32669

$231+ $9.99 shipping best deal I could find for a brand new one.

They have a flat shipping rate for everything I believe.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:24 AM   #9
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
Does Toyota make roof racks for access cab models or is it just for DC?

Just wondering....

just for DC. your roofs are not long enough.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #10
Re

Yes it is bolted. Hopefully eBay will be my friend but I am not holding my breathe. Great info though I hadnt looked at eBay in a while
Old 11-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtothis View Post

lift those black weather strips from your roof. underneath you will find 4 pieces of weather resistant tape under those are pre-drilled and pre-tapped holes lined up for a roof rack.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:28 AM   #12

the guy that i know at my local toyota dealer said he would give it to me fore $224 local pick up. i'm not sure if he is including tax or not though.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #13
Re

Thanks for al the info by the way.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #14
I talked to my local Toyota dealer and they are less than desirable to deal with. Like pulling teeth. Parts guy told me he had never heard of a roof rack sold as an aftermarket option. Great job Mike Smith Toyota
Old 11-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberth2334 View Post
I talked to my local Toyota dealer and they are less than desirable to deal with. Like pulling teeth. Parts guy told me he had never heard of a roof rack sold as an aftermarket option. Great job Mike Smith Toyota

call him back and tell him he is an idiot.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #16
r00t
SubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to beholdSubFrozen is a splendid one to behold

Army: Prior Service
Name: William
SubFrozen's Tacoma Gallery
Traded the standard inserts for an OEM roof rack, guess I got lucky. Keep an eye on KSL (www.ksl.com) in SLC, if you find one, I can get it shipped to you.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #17
Aggiesdm has a spectacular aura aboutAggiesdm has a spectacular aura about
Aggiesdm's Tacoma Gallery
Bought mine off craigslist w/o the brackets or bolts, but local Toyota dealer gave the install kit to me at cost, so $50 for rack and $20 for brackets/bolts = sweet deal at $70, and it looks great. Gotta watch craigslist!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesdm View Post
Bought mine off craigslist w/o the brackets or bolts, but local Toyota dealer gave the install kit to me at cost, so $50 for rack and $20 for brackets/bolts = sweet deal at $70, and it looks great. Gotta watch craigslist!!!

wow that was a great deal!

you gambled that $50 though. most dealerships would tell you that they can only sell you an whole assembly.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #19
wordtothis is a jewel in the roughwordtothis is a jewel in the roughwordtothis is a jewel in the roughwordtothis is a jewel in the rough
Name: david
wordtothis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeestirg View Post
lift those black weather strips from your roof. underneath you will find 4 pieces of weather resistant tape under those are pre-drilled and pre-tapped holes lined up for a roof rack.
AH-HA!!! Wow, that sure would make mounting one after the fact much easier than not. When I had to get a rack made for my old truck, I went through hell's half acre to find the right rivenuts and a capable fab shop to make it happen.

NO THREADJACK!

Good luck with your search OP!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #20
DShack4 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
DShack4's Tacoma Gallery
Purpose?

Besides these things looking awesome, do they serve a purpose? I'm looking to buy some, and will probably buy new, but are there racks that mount easily to these or something? Haven't really done much research on them yet. Just bought my truck a week ago...

Thanks for the help