Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Thinking of trading FJ Cruiser for Tacoma

Old 11-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
kai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kai38`'s Tacoma Gallery
Thinking of trading FJ Cruiser for Tacoma

I went from a 4dr Tacoma to a FJ only because the Tacoma wasn't 4x4
Now after setting up my FJ Cruier I keep looking at Tacomas.
I too far into this to trade in and start over.
Think if I could find a 4dr 4x4 locker , lifted ARB front bumper maybe I would trade.
There are a bunch of pictures of my FJ in here http://www.pbase.com/kai38/root

Its a '07 rear locker, ATRAC front, OME Alumness bumpers frt & rear
& more

There are only a few small things I would keep, ham radio, XM radio, front plate antennas,
Old 12-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
kai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kai38`'s Tacoma Gallery
Still day dreaming about Tacomas
Old 12-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I wouldn't. I would rather have a FJ.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I wouldn't. I would rather have a FJ.
not me. i hate how you can't see out of an fj. not that the tacoma is stellar, but it's alot better in my opinion. also, the rear doors on the fj drive me crazy. much rather have a double cab.

other than that, i dunno.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhart View Post
not me. i hate how you can't see out of an fj. not that the tacoma is stellar, but it's alot better in my opinion. also, the rear doors on the fj drive me crazy. much rather have a double cab.

other than that, i dunno.
You just have to learn how to turn your head and all is good.

Also more room in the FJ. With 4 people in my DC I have to move my seat up.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #6
Mtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Mtek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kai38` View Post
Now after setting up my FJ Cruier I keep looking at Tacomas.
Cut your losses and get a Taco as it seems you are not satisfied. I wouldn't even consider an FJ (nice rig, but not for me). Bottom line, get what you want and you won't ever look back.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:11 PM   #7
Dj0rk is on a distinguished road

Name: Luke
Dj0rk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
...With 4 people in my DC I have to move my seat up.
You must be tall! I'm 6' and my 6' 7" buddy fits behind my seat no issues. For me I needed the DC due to my two kids. Hard enough to get them in the car seats with four doors vs 2 3/4.

OP: doesn't sound like you're happy. Get out before you get used to it! After too long you'll chalk it up to "Well, it's been this way for 3 years. Why change now" I went from a 32mpg Mazda3 to my Taco. No regrets.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:35 PM   #8
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-08-2011, 11:36 PM   #9
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Fj isn't much better, FYI. If not worse. I think my passengers were more comfy in my old DCSB than my FJ. I definitely wouldn't consider the back seats comfy for my passengers at this point, but I didn't buy it for them so I don't really care. As long as my dogs are comfy back there Im good. I feel FJ is a lot more roomier up front though. Very open and comfy.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:52 PM   #10
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
Fj isn't much better, FYI. If not worse. I think my passengers were more comfy in my old DCSB than my FJ. I definitely wouldn't consider the back seats comfy for my passengers at this point, but I didn't buy it for them so I don't really care. As long as my dogs are comfy back there Im good. I feel FJ is a lot more roomier up front though. Very open and comfy.
The only time I care about the rear passenger seat is when people bitch to move my seat up. Other than that my truck is alright. The room up front is definitely better on the fj. I wanted an FJ to begin with but was forced into a truck because of my quad. I will more than likely trailer the quad if I end up keeping it though so I should have just picked up the fj to begin with.

live via
Old 12-09-2011, 03:47 AM   #11
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2...

but I've run out of room in the FJ and am looking at Tundras now... FJ is too small for me. The Tacoma had much more room in it and more storage space than the FJ. It's a constant battle trying to figure out where to put stuff...
Old 12-09-2011, 03:57 AM   #12
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
x2...

but I've run out of room in the FJ and am looking at Tundras now... FJ is too small for me. The Tacoma had much more room in it and more storage space than the FJ. It's a constant battle trying to figure out where to put stuff...

Not for me...I throw that shit in the bed and lock my undercover....problem solved
Old 11-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #13
motorhead1257 is on a distinguished road
Name: Les
motorhead1257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I find no problem with blind spots, just saying I learned to use my side mirrors from driving bucket trucks pulling chippers and having no rear view mirror taught me to trust my side mirrors WHEN adjusted right. My girlfriend immediately said, "I can't see to back up," when she got ready to back it into a spot at the park, I had to laugh. I told her to learn to drive. She's a squaw with a scrappy attitude so it made for good ribbing, hahaha
Old 11-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #14
motorhead1257 is on a distinguished road
Name: Les
motorhead1257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Definitely has more room, the one thing I don't like about it is I wish the damn dash pod instruments were in the cab roof and there was more console or dash "stash" trays or something with the doors maybe, but hell I'm no engineer, and when I really think about why I bought it to begin with then I realize, I got the TONKA of trucks as far as going off-road and being tough. I still am amazed at how the AWD system works on this thing when you power it through a curve in normal driving, and the way it performs so far for me off-road. Now, mine is stock and I have Cooper AT3's on it, not really a good off-road tire but it's okay for all around tire. But for getting off-road to camp, fish and hunt, I don't think there's too much out there in the form of Stock Man Vehicles that can hold a candle to the Tacoma's or FJ's, and I would say from the perspective I have from owning both a 2010 Taco, which I traded for my 07" FJ. I have to better end of the deal minus the 4cyl. engines gas mileage. :-( that's the only thing I miss. Now had it been an Access Cab 4cyl. with the same gizmo's the FJ has I'd have kept it. Maybe