Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

JL 13TW5 Enclosure/amp rack for 2005+ DC (high quality multi ply birch construction)

Old 11-30-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
JL 13TW5 Enclosure/amp rack for 2005+ DC (high quality multi ply birch construction)

Yes I do goof on occasion and this time I accidentally built an extra 13TW5 enclosure/amp rack and shipped it to a member that was supposed to get an enclosure/amp rack for an IDQ10v3 (I have since sent him the correct one!).

This setup is designed/built to spec for a JL 13TW5 and is sized like the one below which is a 50/50 split however the finish as well as amp/sub/crossovers shown are not included. The entire enclosure is built from high quality 12mm and 18mm multi ply Birch and the amp rack has a birch framework with MDF face (I use MDF for the amp rack face since several members mentioned the birch was a pain to drill through when they wanted to route wires underneath). This is NOT your typical home center birch rather a very expensive, much harder to work with as well as MUCH stronger/durable material than typical birch ply or MDF and IMO you'd be hard pressed to find another built to these standards with this quality of materials.

The standard MDF version is normally $275.00 for time/materials plus shipping and I typically charge a 50% premium for all birch construction however I will sell this one at the MDF price. Also, there will be no waiting for me to build it as this one is already built/packed and just waiting to go to a new home.

Please post questions here and call/PM when you are ready to purchase. PayPal/credit/debit cards accepted and you can PM me your zip code for a shipping cost (shipping will be from Texas as that is where I sent it)

BTW, I always take pictures on my cell phone before packing/shipping items so if you'd like to see actual pictures text me at the number below (I haven't figured out how to get them off my cell phone to post but if someone can post them for me or tell me how I would appreciate it )

Almost forgot, I started building several other high quality Birch prototype enclosures as well as adapters a while back to photograph for my new website since somebody was kind enough to send a virus causing me to lose most of my pictures and I will be posting those soon for sale as well. Included will be new 2005-2008 and 2009 up Access cab designs as well as a couple for the Double cabs and all will be at MDF prices. Adapters will also be all high quality birch and made to fit up to an 8" driver in the front doors (only 1 set each of these will be available). Not sure when I will have time to finish them (most are nearly complete) but if you would like more info on what subs they are built for or to reserve any of these please call as it's hard for me to get to all the PM's/emails/texts as it is (I can talk on the headset while doing certain things but I can't type/work at the same time!)

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Old 12-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
budlighttaco23 is on a distinguished road
Name: colin
budlighttaco23's Tacoma Gallery
does it fit behind the back seats?
Old 12-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Yes it does.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Want, but no has money... Great products from a great guy
Old 12-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #6
XJBaylor will become famous soon enough
Name: Keith
XJBaylor's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for Mr. Marv.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:11 AM   #7
Joeymgd78 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Joey
Joeymgd78's Tacoma Gallery
do you sell them with subs installed
Old 12-18-2011, 06:52 AM   #8

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeymgd78 View Post
is it still available?
I have several guys wanting this however everybody needs to wait until after the holiday. I would like to get it out of the way of the person I sent it to so the first to pay will get it!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:21 AM   #9
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Marv,

Do you have any pics of the backside of this box? I may want to upgrade from the homemade box/sub that I have now... but I want to see if this will fit with my rear sliding power window motor.

Also, I assume this box and amp board allows you to keep the drivers side storage cubby?

Double also, do you think my little 200W rms Profile amp would have any problems powering that JL 13TW5? I'm running it now with a Pioneer 10" shallow mount, and it's ok -- but not the cleanest sound ever.

Thanks!
Ben
Old 12-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #10

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWA View Post
Marv,

Do you have any pics of the backside of this box? I may want to upgrade from the homemade box/sub that I have now... but I want to see if this will fit with my rear sliding power window motor.

Also, I assume this box and amp board allows you to keep the drivers side storage cubby?

Thanks!
Ben
Hey Ben, this is a full width combo so you have to remove the drivers side bin as well and I don't have pics of the back of this specific one but it looks similar to the following (amp rack is not this wide so it doesn't have the center brace as shown)

Old 12-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #11

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
200 watts will power this sub but you won't get the full potential from it!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #12
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Marv View Post
Hey Ben, this is a full width combo so you have to remove the drivers side bin as well and I don't have pics of the back of this specific one but it looks similar to the following (amp rack is not this wide so it doesn't have the center brace as shown)

Thanks Marv. Are the box and amp board interchangeable in their positions? In other words, can the box go on drivers side and the amp board on passengers side?
Old 12-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #13

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWA View Post
Thanks Marv. Are the box and amp board interchangeable in their positions? In other words, can the box go on drivers side and the amp board on passengers side?
they cannot interchange due to the seat pivoting bracket on the floor
Old 12-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #14

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Marv View Post
they cannot interchange due to the seat pivoting bracket on the floor

Dang, that's not gonna work for me then. GLWS, I'm sure it will go quick.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #15
twk62390 is on a distinguished road
twk62390's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is an old thread...but is this still available?
Old 02-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #16

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twk62390 View Post
I know this is an old thread...but is this still available?
Unfortunately the guy I accidentally sent it to has not answered my calls nor returned a message for quite some time so I am not sure if I will ever get it back!?! I'll try again and if I hear from him I will let you know.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #17
twk62390 is on a distinguished road
twk62390's Tacoma Gallery
Ohhhh....sorry to hear that. If you end up not being able to contact him I would like to get some details on a mdf box exactly like this.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #18

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Well it looks like I'll never see this one again!

Thanks for all the interest and if anyone who previously contacted me about purchasing this still wants one just let me know and I will build you the birch unit at the MDF price.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #19
Crdoublee is on a distinguished road
Crdoublee's Tacoma Gallery
I am very interested in getting one of these from you....I will send you a pm.