Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Fox 2.5 Resi Coilovers and 2.0 Pro Series Piggyback Rears

Old 12-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #1
MGMGRAND is a splendid one to beholdMGMGRAND is a splendid one to beholdMGMGRAND is a splendid one to beholdMGMGRAND is a splendid one to beholdMGMGRAND is a splendid one to beholdMGMGRAND is a splendid one to behold
MGMGRAND's Tacoma Gallery
Fox 2.5 Resi Coilovers and 2.0 Pro Series Piggyback Rears

SOLD

I bought these, used, from a local 4x4 shop and was told they were for an 05+.

**I have been assured that they were on a 2nd Gen Tacoma. However the rears would need a Top Mount Converter to work on a 2nd Gen so I guess you could say they would work on any Tacoma. As such I will sell the them in sets of 2.

I have 2 sets of Fronts and 2 sets of Rears.

1st Set of Fronts: $800**Sold**
2nd Set of Fronts: $750 (Missing part of one mount, pictured below in post #8)**Sold**
1st Set of Rears: $250 **Sold**
2nd Set of Rears: $200 (Missing one bushing, pictured below in post #8)**Sold**

**I will pay the Shipping**

Feel free to post or PM any questions.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
Joe's Auto Detail
tacomacntry is on a distinguished road

tacomacntry's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomacntry
if so for a first gen..how much for just the rear shocks? or are you not parting...and the lengths and valving?
Old 12-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
whats wrong with the set that has the conditions
Old 12-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the rears are for 1st gen unless you get the mount to put them on a second gen. the 2nd gens have the post on the upper
Old 12-05-2011, 06:21 PM   #6
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
if your willing to separate how much for the fronts only?
Old 12-05-2011, 11:48 PM   #7
MGMGRAND is a splendid one to beholdMGMGRAND is a splendid one to beholdMGMGRAND is a splendid one to beholdMGMGRAND is a splendid one to beholdMGMGRAND is a splendid one to beholdMGMGRAND is a splendid one to behold
If anyone can tell me a way for me to tell whether the fronts are 1st or 2nd gen let me know...I think the rears have the 1st gen top mounts as stated above.

As for the condition issue with the 2nd set, it appears that a bushing on one rear is missing and one of the bottom mounts on one of the fronts was damaged when removing them. I'll post pics when I get home of what I'm talking about. Not serious but it will probably take a couple parts to fix.

More specs to be added when I get home.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:48 AM   #8
As for valving fronts say 30/75, rears say 30/80.

Rears are 24.5" extended and 16" compressed, measured from center of mounting point to center of mounting point.

Pics of issues with second set:
Missing rubber bushing. Has been gnarled up but it shouldn't affect functionality.

Hard to tell but its missing part of the metal sleeve.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:42 AM   #9
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
It is missing the Hiem Spacers, They Cost $5 bucks each. And Yes those coilovers are second gen becuase they have the longer lower rod end, search peoples first gen coilovers and you can see the lower rod end is shorter. As for the rears i was wrong they are 1st gen..
Old 12-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #10
Thanks Anthony250

Original Post Edited
Old 12-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by double dee View Post
if your willing to separate how much for the fronts only?
if this does happen what would you charge if i bout the rears
Old 12-06-2011, 02:20 PM   #12
I posted new prices at the top.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #13
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
I might be interested in a set of rears also if you seperate.

*edit* Hate to be a nag but do you know the extended/compressed measurements?
Old 12-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMGRAND View Post
As for valving fronts say 30/75, rears say 30/80.

Rears are 24.5" extended and 16" compressed, measured from center of mounting point to center of mounting point.

Pics of issues with second set:
Missing rubber bushing. Has been gnarled up but it shouldn't affect functionality.

Hard to tell but its missing part of the metal sleeve.
this right here
Old 12-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #15
Silvertacomao6 is a splendid one to beholdSilvertacomao6 is a splendid one to beholdSilvertacomao6 is a splendid one to beholdSilvertacomao6 is a splendid one to beholdSilvertacomao6 is a splendid one to beholdSilvertacomao6 is a splendid one to behold
Silvertacomao6's Tacoma Gallery
Stupid question maybe?

Iwas just curious, I have a 06 taco DCLB with a 6" Fabtech basic lift. It rides like a lumber wagon. Also have Mickey T's that scrub my front wells a lot. Would this assist my truck with my problems? The truck is also noticeably front high and would like it rear high a bit or level. If anyone could advise it would be much appreciated.
Kind Regards,
Trevor
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMGRAND View Post
I bought these, used, from a local 4x4 shop and was told they were for an 05+.

**I have been assured that they were on a 2nd Gen Tacoma. However the rears would need a Top Mount Converter to work on a 2nd Gen so I guess you could say they would work on any Tacoma. As such I will sell the them in sets of 2.

I have 2 sets of Fronts and 2 sets of Rears.

1st Set of Fronts: $800
2nd Set of Fronts: $750 (Missing part of one mount, pictured below in post #8)
1st Set of Rears: $250
2nd Set of Rears: $200 (Missing one bushing, pictured below in post #8)

Feel free to post or PM any questions.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #16
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomacntry View Post
if so for a first gen..how much for just the rear shocks? or are you not parting...and the lengths and valving?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
if this does happen what would you charge if i bout the rears
FYI to the first gen tacos... the compressed length of the rear shocks are 16" which are about 1" to 1.5" too long for the rear when articulated...

if you wheel the truck and compress your rear axle, you will bottom out the shock before your stock bumpstops come close to hitting, and can actually bend the stock upper shock mount... i found that out the hard way...

if you add a 1.5" to 2" bump to your upper strike post, you can save the shock from bottoming out, but you will lose a little on the up travel... you won't really miss it though if not hucking the truck...
Old 12-07-2011, 03:57 AM   #17

I believe I have 4.5 inches of lift in the rear I believe
Old 12-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #18
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
I believe I have 4.5 inches of lift in the rear I believe
If u are that high up, these shocks are too short. They are only 8 inch travel. Stock travel is 6.5" so these shocks would be standard for a truck with 1.5 to 2 inch lift in rear.

To be safe, cycle your suspension with the shocks off and measure your droop from mount to mount.

I have a 3" lift in rear and my axle droops down to about 28 inches so I'm running 12 inch travel shocks which measure 16.3" compressed and 28.5" extended, roughly.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
If u are that high up, these shocks are too short. They are only 8 inch travel. Stock travel is 6.5" so these shocks would be standard for a truck with 1.5 to 2 inch lift in rear.

To be safe, cycle your suspension with the shocks off and measure your droop from mount to mount.

I have a 3" lift in rear and my axle droops down to about 28 inches so I'm running 12 inch travel shocks which measure 16.3" compressed and 28.5" extended, roughly.
ive been looking to do that .
Old 12-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #20
cools20 is on a distinguished road
Name: Cooley
cools20's Tacoma Gallery
can i run the 2.5's as mid travel, stock lca's?