LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Bakflip F1 hard folding tonneau for 2005-2012 DCSB

Old 12-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
Bakflip F1 hard folding tonneau for 2005-2012 DCSB

updated 01/31/12 - SOLD.

Anyone interested in a Bakflip F1 (stronger & lighter than the Bakflip G2) that fits 2005 - 2012 DCSB?
I just picked this one up from a member. It is in excellent condition. Installed it in 10 mins with one socket. Works perfect, looks good, but just not sure if I'm all that excited about the "look" of the finish on it.... Just a matter of personal opinion I guess.... Anyway, if someone is interested in it for a LOCAL PICKUP ONLY, near Baltimore MD I would consider selling it. $590 cash. These sell for around $1000 new. Learn more here:
http://bakflip.com/bakflip/f1.html

Old 12-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

Can an admin throw this over in the 2nd gen sub folder?
Old 12-31-2011, 07:55 AM   #3

Make me an offer !!
Old 12-31-2011, 09:34 AM   #4
bluecluee is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
bluecluee's Tacoma Gallery
Tie Downs

Does this cover allow you to still use the bed rail tie downs? Also the photos make it look like the cover might be stained or have a few white spots? Can you elaborate on the condition/age of the cover? Thanks
Old 12-31-2011, 09:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecluee View Post
Does this cover allow you to still use the bed rail tie downs? Also the photos make it look like the cover might be stained or have a few white spots? Can you elaborate on the condition/age of the cover? Thanks
No, the mounting rails utilize the bed rails. However, all you do is add a couple of D rings to the mount bolts and your good to go. There are some pics of that on the forum that others have done.

Condition is very good. I think it was just dirty in the pics. I could wipe it down and shoot some more pics in better lighting. I was told cover was purchased April 2011.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:13 PM   #6

Better pictures added
Old 01-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #7

2012 BUMP......make offer........happy new year
Old 01-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #8
whitmextaco is on a distinguished road
whitmextaco's Tacoma Gallery
only if you were closer I would definitely pick this up from you.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmextaco View Post
only if you were closer I would definitely pick this up from you.
Yeah, heard a lot of that.....
Old 01-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #10
firefighteru7 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
firefighteru7's Tacoma Gallery
if your willing to ship it im interested...
Old 01-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #11
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
Ya hard trifold is far and away the BEST style of cover. No exceptions. Every other type has serious disadvantages and this has none.

The F1 is one of the top if not THE top. I'd love this if it were for the 6 foot box. If I ever see one in my area it's mine.

GLWS.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #13
Firefighter:
bakflips don't lock the tailgate, u would have to get the pop n lock tailgate locking handle, they run $50 on amazon with free shipping...
Old 01-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregLee98 View Post
I meant the Bakflip. Does it lock in some way?
No, it latches to the side rails. You need to open the tail gate to unlatch it and then hinge it open. So if your tail gate locks, then the Bakflip cover cant be opened. If you dont have a locking tailgate, anyone can open it. But you would need to be familiar with how to get it open.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #16
Firefighter:
I just got a different hard cover for my tacoma, apparently people can break into a bakflip by lifting the back end rubber and using a wire hanger to pull the release.

Read this blog, its in there by RES4CUE:

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/best-tr...-79921/index3/
Old 01-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #17
Wheelin n Dealin
Techoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired CPO
Name: John
Techoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizjettech View Post
Anyone interested in a Bakflip F1 (stronger & lighter than the Bakflip G2) that fits 2005 - 2012 DCSB?
I just picked this one up from a member. It is in excellent condition. Installed it in 10 mins with one socket. Works perfect, looks good, but just not sure if I'm all that excited about the "look" of the finish on it.... Just a matter of personal opinion I guess.... Anyway, if someone is interested in it for a LOCAL PICKUP ONLY, near Baltimore MD I would consider selling it. $590 cash. These sell for around $1000 new. Learn more here: http://bakflip.com/bakflip/f1.html

Still for sale? Interested in a Brand New iPhone 4S, Galaxy S... Nexus? (Sprint Models)?
Old 01-25-2012, 04:05 AM   #18
Firefighter:
bakflip's are great covers, look @ these youtube vids that show how great they are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Als4...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CIXs1isqUI
Old 01-25-2012, 05:21 AM   #19
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighteru7 View Post
bakflip's are great covers, look @ these youtube vids that show how great they are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Als4...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CIXs1isqUI
I think I'm a little confused at how you are promoting his sale, it doesn't look like a PERFECT cover, but GLWS to OP, a lot of people do like them despite their flaws
Old 01-25-2012, 05:28 AM   #20
megillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
megillet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to megillet
I've got one of the original ones, and its older (I bought it used) and it never leaks, even in torrential downpours. The ones that leak, I would guess are installed incorrectly.

GLWS!

Products Discussed in this Thread